Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 News and Pictures Thread

The briefcase armor was sweet. Fav did a great job of making it work.

I am assuming that whiplash gets his ash-whipped. HA! I say that because obviously if Tony is talking to him in jail, Tony won the battle at the track.

Questions I am wondering

1.) Why is Hammer at Stark-Expo?
2.) Why is WM debuted with Hammer Drones in the background?
3.) Who is in the MII?

I think these are the three pivotal points in the story.

Just got home, saw the trailer and have yo say: "Damn. What a ****ing awesome trailer."

War Machine, Black Widow and Mark V look awesome.

Who is in the MII?
jamesrhodesinmarkiiarmoq.jpg

I am assuming that whiplash gets his ash-whipped. HA! I say that because obviously if Tony is talking to him in jail, Tony won the battle at the track.

Questions I am wondering

3.) Who is in the MII?

1) Maybe its another Expo or he hijacks it and shows his creations.
2) Because its probably an army project.
3) it could be anyone of the following: Natasha, Hammer, Vanko, [BLACKOUT]Nolan in order to use it as his next batsuit in B3.[/BLACKOUT] :awesome:
It says that its Rhodes in the Mark 2, so i dont think it hints at BW. In any case i think i am getting to the point where too much is spoiled for me. Maybe i should stay away.

Last edited:
Just seen the new IRON MAN trailer 2, f'ing sweet!!!!

This day is going to drag. It is Monday and I want to go home and check out this trailer.

IMO she works for shield and shield has sent her in to keep an eye on both hammer and tony..

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that she's operating under S.H.I.E.L.D. I have to wonder who that is tailing behind her? Perhaps another agent. Could be pretty insignificant, but I wonder what she is doing sniffing around Hammer's place?

Awesome, awesome trailer! Probably the best one for a superhero movie that I've ever seen.

Questions I am wondering

3.) Who is in the MII?

My thoughts on these three questions, just going off what I have seen and my assumptions:

1 - I think there is a separate expo for Hammer to debut War Machine and the drones as part of a government project to be used as weapons or something. It makes sense for Hammer to set something up to rival Stark's expo.

2 - Again, I think War Machine may be in league with Hammer, at least initially. I don't know why, but I'm sure that will be addressed.

3 - I think this may tie directly into your second question. It's very possible that Rhodes may be in the armor and he is stealing the technology so it can be produced on mass scale for the government, who is in league with Hammer. Obviously Stark isn't willing to give up the suit to the government, so the next best thing is stealing it. I wonder if Rhodes is cooperating willingly if this scenario proves true. The picture posted earlier may corroborate this theory. My only issue is that I believe the Mark II is tailored to Stark's size. I don't think Cheadle is totally different, but I think he's taller and a little slimmer, but they be may eschewing continuity and believability for the sake of moving the story along.

Or, it could be someone else entirely. I don't see Widow being in it, that to me doesn't make sense. Whiplash doesn't really make any sense to me either. Someone threw out the idea that it could be Hawkeye, but that just seems too random to be true. Another person mentioned the presence of Hammer using nanobots to control the drones, and that the Mark II is being stolen by testing out these same nanobots. I could see this being true, as it would explain my concerns about someone physically fitting into the suit.

Again, just my thoughts. Food for thought. :yay:

im wondering if BW and Vanko are related. As in she may be working with shield to nab him, has she been on his tail for awhile, OR are they brother and sister (ala baroness and Cobra Commander LOL).

Also, no olivia munn in trailer. kinda interesting. If she has just a cameo, I figure they woulda shown her saying her one good line in the trailer.

Let's hope we get some Mandarin build up! At least a mention er sumthin!

Last edited:
im wondering if BW and Vanko are related. As in she may be working with shield to nab him, if she's been on his tail for awhile, are they brother and sister (ala baroness and Cobra Commander LOL).

Also, no olivia munn in trailer. kinda interesting. If she has just a cameo, I figure they woulda shown her saying her one good line in the trailer.

Let's hope we get some Mandarin build up! At least a mention er sumthin!

I really hope they don't go that route. It was horrible in G.I. Joe, and it's just totally unnecessary and stupid.

I think Munn will have a small cameo with Stark, ala Leslie Bibb in the first movie.

I agree with you there. First movie had some solid ground, so I have to wonder if they're going to do anything with that.

Here we are:
And a point for discussion:

Who is in the background of the picture? Rhodey? Fury? Could be another employee, but why would they be creeping around like that? Why is Black Widow at Hammer Industries? HURM.

Picture in spoilers because of its size.

28862346.jpg

I think it's just another guard. He looks like he's wearing the same black outfit as the guard Black Widow is beating up, and I can see Black Widow working alone, not having Fury or Rhodes (the guy looks black) trailing after her.

The guard is probably just watching the action, maybe waiting to see what happens before deciding whether to run and get backup, or take the threat down himself. Maybe they were expecting Black Widow and he's just watching and reporting on things? I dunno.

Questions I am wondering

3.) Who is in the MII?

1. Stark Industries (or whatever it is called in the second film) might be the main sponsor of Stark Expo, but that doesn't necessarily make it the only company there. Like many conventions in real life, the expo may contain products from more than one vendor.

2. Hammer built the War Machine armor (he outfitted it with weapons, at least), so it makes sense that the armor would debut with the rest of his creations.

3. I think it would be awesome if it were Hawkeye. Black Widow is in the film, and we could get a near perfect comics origin story. But, because little in life is that perfect, it's probably just Black Widow or Rhodes. Actually, I think it would be kinda nice if the nano bot theory posed in the last thread were true and nobody was in the suit, because one of my pet peeves with Iron Man was that everybody and his brother could fit into the armor designed for Tony. That's so impossible, because not everybody has the exact same build, height, and head size as Tony.

Hey, didn't Hammer control the armor by remote control in the comics? That's always a possibility.

someone needs to credit me. :cmad::o
Gotta love the internet, where copying/splicing clips from movies is now your "hard work".

If anything, we should just credit Jon Favreau. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I think it's just another guard. He looks like he's wearing the same black outfit as the guard Black Widow is beating up, and I can see Black Widow working alone, not having Fury or Rhodes (the guy looks black) trailing after her.

The guard is probably just watching the action, maybe waiting to see what happens before deciding whether to run and get backup, or take the threat down himself. Maybe they were expecting Black Widow and he's just watching and reporting on things? I dunno.

The more I look at it, I think you're right. A little underwhelming, but yeah, I don't really see any reason Widow would have someone with her. She appears to be more than capable of handling herself. :woot:

1. Stark Industries (or whatever it is called in the second film) might be the main sponsor of Stark Expo, but that doesn't necessarily make it the only company there. Like many conventions in real life, the expo may contain products from more than one vendor.

2. Hammer built the War Machine armor (he outfitted it with weapons, at least), so it makes sense that the armor would debut with the rest of his creations.

3. I think it would be awesome if it were Hawkeye. Black Widow is in the film, and we could get a near perfect comics origin story. But, because little in life is that perfect, it's probably just Black Widow or Rhodes. Actually, I think it would be kinda nice if the nano bot theory posed in the last thread were true and nobody was in the suit, because one of my pet peeves with Iron Man was that everybody and his brother could fit into the armor designed for Tony. That's so impossible, because not everybody has the exact same build, height, and head size as Tony.

Hey, didn't Hammer control the armor by remote control in the comics? That's always a possibility.

I think your reasoning for number one is pretty sound, but for some reason I see the Stark expo occurring early on and Hammer presenting War Machine later on. Just my thoughts, I could easily be wrong.

Yeah, it seems pretty apparent Hammer and Rhodey are working together during the movie, at least for a time. I have to echo your thoughts for the third question. Hawkeye would be fantastic, and I'd love for Renner to play him. I could see nanobots being a realistic scenario too, but I could also easily see it simply being Rhodes. Maybe more footage will give it away.

Whiplash has the power source and Rhodey gets the Mark II for Hammer. Need both to make the drones. This is my guess anyway.

Just saw the Trailer.

Oh.

My.

God.

AWESOME!!!!!!

Earle is right, this is going to OWN every other superhero movie so far. Everything is just so very AWESOME!!!!!

:awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

So do you all think that, from what we have seen so far, this could be a contender for the special effects nomination for next years oscars?

Honestly, I'm expecting that and more. If something like District 9 can get nominated for best picture, IM2 has a real shot as well. I'm hoping the ratings were up and they stick to the ten picture format.

Question: I asked a friend of mine what he thought of the trailer and he said he loved it, especially the "I want one" line after meeting Black Widow. I said, "wha?" He made me go back and watch it yet again because I thought Stark said, "I won't win" meaning he was joking that she stepped in to the ring to spar. After listening, I think he may be right. What did he really say??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"