Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 News and Pictures Thread

la28024e77cfb4b46bcfa7e.jpg

"I want one"

and yeah trailer was ****ing awesome. I noticed about 1:14, the donut scene- his armor's an earlier one (from the smoother, ribbed biceps, as opposed to straight-edged later models), so could that be the opening scene? That'd be sweet, if not the opening then at least early on. So far there's already a buncha Nick Fury in this: The comic-con footage- donut scene
teaser- some other scene? (maybe donut)
trailer- second discussion with Stark
then he's already said he's shot stuff with Scarlett, so there'll be plenty with him

It's nice to see the Marvel movieverse coming together naturally and frequently so it's less of a huge deal when they appear in each other's movies and more the norm (but still awesome)

plus is there any doubt Thor will be in this? They always tiptoe around the question, ya gotta figure...

I doubt Thor is in it. It'd make yet another loophole in the movieverse cronology. But I bet we'll get a lot of hints at Captain America and a good deal of Hulk.

Is anyone else feeling a severe lack of hype for this movie? Comments on websites linked to the trailer are hardly active and most are underwhelmed by the new trailer.. kind of a 'been there done that' reaction from many people. Too soon to be worried but I expected more.

Wasn't a fan of the briefcase thing either :csad:

Last edited:
It's probably mainly because the "wow" factor of seeing Iron Man in live-action for the first time has alredy passed, but a lot of websites and message boards are still extremely excited for it. I seriously expect it to break Box Office records with its sheer AWESOMENESS.

What superhero movie has done the "the goverment wants to stop X hero to archieve Y profit" plot before? Besides possibly The Dark Knight sequel if the goverment wants to catch down the "Killer" Batman... Which isn't even coming out anytime soon.

Still i really enjoyed the trailer, but it kinda spoils how Tony survives BUT **** YEAH Silver Centurion armor! Awesome.

Is anyone else feeling a severe lack of hype for this movie? Comments on websites linked to the trailer are hardly active and most are underwhelmed by the new trailer.. kind of a 'been there done that' reaction from many people. Too soon to be worried but I expected more.

^Well, on the SHH main page it´s being rated 10 by over 60% of voters - last time I checked -. This level of positive response is rare around here. Internet hype can be very deceptive, there are movies that seem to get a ton of Internet hype and flop at the BO. On the other hand, I wouldn´t judge by Internet hype that Alice In Wonderland would have as massive an opening as it did. Of course if you go to AICN or IMDB, all you get is venom and hatred.

The briefcase is AWESOME, it´s a nod to the early IM comics where Tony indeed kept the suit in a briefcase.

The trailer rocked obviously I had no doubt it would.

Now the big questions.......how they ALLLL tie together, Cap and Thor as well as TIH. I really hope they blow us away at the end with this one. Maybe even bring in Thors name not just hint or beat around the bush...flat out say it.......that would be amazing.

Last edited:
What superhero movie has done the "the goverment wants to stop X hero to archieve Y profit" plot before? Besides possibly The Dark Knight sequel if the goverment wants to catch down the "Killer" Batman... Which isn't even coming out anytime soon.

Still i really enjoyed the trailer, but it kinda spoils how Tony survives BUT **** YEAH Silver Centurion armor! Awesome.
Its not the Silver Centurion armour just because its painted red and silver. Unless the Mark 3 is the Extremis armour because its painted red and gold.

Judging what Avatar was able to pull off, I don't think lack of hype says anything one way or another. :funny:

RDJ looks awesome though, and it looks like a fun movie even though the trailer was still oddly edited.

How can it be Rhodey, in the trailer tony and the armor are exactly the same height, yet in other scenes Rhodes is definately taller than tony n and out of his wm armor. How could anyone fit in armor designed specifically for tonys body?

The trailer was great!!

War Machine looks awesome.

Scarlett looks hot performing unnecessarily hot takedown manoeuvres. I want one! lol

And we finally get to see some Sam Rockwell & the new suit!

No complaints...9/10 seriously exciting stuff!!

My god, what an incredible trailer! :up:

The race track scene seems like it's going to really kick ash. ROurke seems a bit creepy/kickass. Am I the only one that thinks this? :up:

It's a nod to the Silver Centurion.
Yeah i suppose, but other than the colour scheme there is nothing that the two suits have in common.

Btw, was there ever another red and silver suit?

On another note the part where IM and WM fight the drones is amazing. I assume that Happy was teaching Tony how to fight in the ring and he used all that later in the drones scene. He is fighting balls to the wall with repulsors, punches and everything he's got while WM is maiming the drones like they were cattle. Arent they a bit too fragile though? I mean Ironmonger was too damn invincible and nothing could even dent his armour but one punch from IM and the drones get destroyed.

Last edited:

Ummm Im more excited for this than any other film coming this year. It looks ****ing KIck ash! and better than the original in every way. But mostly I'm excited for what looks to be the most authentic comic book action ever recreated for the silver screen. Whats not to be excited about. Oh and the briefcase ****ing owns!

The Drones are probably more fragile than Iron Monger, but, if you look at the Teaser-Trailer, Iron Man hits one with a repulsor blast and it gets back it. They're more sterner than they look. To defeated them, you probably have to destroy their Arc Reactors, just like War Machine appears to be doing.

The Drones are probably more fragile than Iron Monger, but, if you look at the Teaser-Trailer, Iron Man hits one with a repulsor blast and it gets back it. They're more sterner than they look. To defeated them, you probably have to destroy their Arc Reactors, just like War Machine appears to be doing.

that makes sense to destroy the power source

Yeah i suppose, but other than the colour scheme there is nothing that the two suits have in common.

Btw, was there ever another red and silver suit?

On another note the part where IM and WM fight the drones is amazing. I assume that Happy was teaching Tony how to fight in the ring and he used all that later in the drones scene. He is fighting balls to the wall with repulsors, punches and everything he's got while WM is maiming the drones like they were cattle. Arent they a bit too fragile though? I mean Ironmonger was too damn invincible and nothing could even dent his armour but one punch from IM and the drones get destroyed.

Its becuz his armor is upgraded, stronger, and downright way more powerful. Did u see what he had to do to power up that triarc reactor. He should be able to punch holes in ****ing dronebots!

Its becuz his armor is upgraded, stronger, and downright way more powerful. Did u see what he had to do to power up that triarc reactor. He should be able to punch holes in ****ing dronebots!
Thanks for the answers. Yeah, you re right.

Btw the fact that every hero and villain in the franchise has a chest reactor is starting to get a bit much.
On another note, do you know why when Hammer and Vanko inspect the drones they are white? Are from plastic or something?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"