Iron Man 3 vs Man Of Steel

I loved iron man 3. And I'm very very excited for superman. He's my favorite dc super hero.
Why does it always seem like people have to choose one or the other? :/

Because the war of Marvel vs DC will never end.

I love both, even if I'm much more of a DC fan with the whole idea that their superheroes are of more "archetypes", but I will always be a fan of Captain America, Spider-Man, the X-Men and Black Panther :up:

Even if MOS makes less at the BO, critically it should do better not just IM3, but both Batman Begins and the TDKR, time will tell.

To have a higher score than 85% or 87% would be very nice, but that's a pretty damn good score if MOS gets that kind of range as well. Plus, looking at the general audience rating for both of BB and TDKR...that's 90% and 92% respectively and that'll be just as fine for MOS as well.

Here's something I never thought I'd say. I hope MoS curb-stomps IM3 in quality and at the box office. The former should be easy but the latter just ain't happening.

Yeah it doesn't stand a chance at the box office but it'll easily best it in terms of quality

Yeah it doesn't stand a chance at the box office but it'll easily best it in terms of quality

But it's not really a fair competition. This is the third Iron Man installment, fourth if you include the Avengers. I'd be very impressed - and surprised- if Man of Steel can top the first Iron Man film in terms of quality.

But it's not really a fair competition. This is the third Iron Man installment, fourth if you include the Avengers. I'd be very impressed - and surprised- if Man of Steel can top the first Iron Man film in terms of quality.

And MOS will be the sixth Superman film. The fact that most of its predecessors were of low quality does not negate the fact that they exist.

As it stands, MOS has no chance of matching or exceeding Iron Man Three in quality or box office earnings. It will be damn lucky to double the earnings of the boring and lackluster Superman Returns. I plan to see MOS because I like the big blue Boy Scout, but I don't have much hope of being more than mildly entertained by it.

I don't like Supes but seeing him actually throwing a punch in a trailer has me mildly interested. Still, I also don't think it'll match or exceed IM3 in quality or box office tho. I enjoyed IM3 almost as much as IM

Wow, can't believe this thread exists already.

Iron Man 3 was fine, but it fell short of my expectations of it topping the Iron Man films in quality. Probably out of the three big films I wanted to see, Iron Man 3 will probably be the one I like the least. I expect Star Trek Into Darkness to deliver.

Greatly looking forward to Man of Steel. Supes is my favorite superhero after Batman and the trailers--particularly the last one--have me pumped up.

I think MOS will be the superior comic book movie.

It's stupid nonsense conjured up by insecure fanboys, is what it is. What normal person over the age of 15 really gives a damn about which movie is more successful, or wishes outright failure on one over the other? It's pathetic.

IM3 is clearly financially successful, great! Hopefully MoS will be too.

039227582387552782828.jpg

A World's Finest film would destroy any Avengers installment.

A World's Finest film would destroy any Avengers installment.

Based on what? Though people on this board may relish the thought of such a team up, there's no evidence to suggest a DC mash up would even be competitive with the Avengers box office results, let alone "destroy" it.

Based on Superman and Batman being the top three superheroes along with Spider-Man. Pretty damn sure two of the three best superheroes being in a film together would be a film not to miss.

Which is a nice sentiment but ultimately nothing more than supposition. Sorry.

I have no idea how a Worlds Finest film would compare to The Avengers at the box office.

All I know is I'd be thrilled.

Yeah it'd be amazing but to claim it'd 'destroy' anything is ridiculous. You don't even have a script, cast or director yet.

Which is a nice sentiment but ultimately nothing more than supposition. Sorry.

It's okay. Still saying it would destroy any Avengers installment :cwink:

I have no idea how a Worlds Finest film would compare to The Avengers at the box office.

All I know is I'd be thrilled.

Indeed :up:

Plus, I didn't say anything about the box office, only that it would be a better film. And I certainly do think that.

It's okay. Still saying it would destroy any Avengers installment :cwink:

Indeed :up:

Plus, I didn't say anything about the box office, only that it would be a better film. And I certainly do think that.

You sir, are entitled to your opinion. :cwink:

Based on Superman and Batman being the top three superheroes along with Spider-Man. Pretty damn sure two of the three best superheroes being in a film together would be a film not to miss.

I've been waiting ever since I picked up a World's Finest comic. I think we're getting close , but the Batman situation is going to set us back a few years.

Say it all you like. I can say the moon is green, doesn't make it so.

Cool beans.

A World's Finest would be awesome :awesome:

You sir, are entitled to your opinion. :cwink:

I've been waiting ever since I picked up a World's Finest comic. I think we're getting close , but the Batman situation is going to set us back a few years.

If Bruce Wayne didn't retire, I would have loved to see Nolan's Batman and Snyder's Superman teaming up. Bale and Cavill working together would be the bee's knees too :csad:

If Bruce Wayne didn't retire, I would have loved to see Nolan's Batman and Snyder's Superman teaming up. Bale and Cavill working together would be the bee's knees too :csad:

I could not agree more. Is there a 0% chance of this?

I mean, I'd think if Man of Steel did well enough, WB would consider offering Bale and/or Nolan boatloads of money to make it work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"