Iron Man Sequels Iron Man 4...not so far away at all?

A Necessary Evil

One. Bad. Day.
Reaction score
A survey handed out by Marvel to viewers after CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER screenings across the country teases the possibility of IRON MAN 4

10013927_851226294893944_3304013249441184639_n.jpg

I would like to see another Iron Man Movie. Maybe late Phase 3 or Phase 4.

I saw this the other day a friend from Advancediron posted that, I am very interested in a new movie, I wonder if they would be able to get RDJ back or have to recast, he is only signed for 2 more films, I believe, both Avengers films.

Hope Iron Man 4 gets enough votes. Last film was a lot of fun

I know it got a lot of hate here, but I loved it. I still feel like there are lots of good stories to be told and villains to use.
Mandarin would likely be the one they go with, especially after what happened in hail to the king one shot, but there are others that would make great on screen foes, like Spymaster, Ghost & Madam Masque.
I doubt though we will see any film till maybe 2016-2017, Black widow will likely get a film, even though Marvel is talking about going from 2 films a year to 4.

They're planning on making 4 films a year? I don't remember them sating that recently

Really, they're talking about bumping up to 4 films a year? Wow. I'd imagine anything over 3 and we'd start to have a degradation in quality and possible overexposure for the MCU...

If they did 3 a year starting in 2016, and IM4 is indeed one of them I'd love to see this...

2016: Cap 3, Dr. Strange, TIH2
2017: IM4, Black Panther, GOTG2 (setting up Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet)
2018: Avengers 3, Ms. Marvel?, Thor 3

Wish I could remember where I read that story, I want to say it was on yahoo at one time, I will try and find it, I think its just talk right now, but will check and see if I can find it.

I would tick yes definitely for all of those movies lol

Interesting. I have been skeptical Marvel would sit on the Iron Man property for too long, but I'd be lying if I said I thought Iron Man 4 was a definite go for phase 3.

I'd be interested in IM4. Most definitely would! But I want a few other movies than it. Chief among them is Hulk 2.

I didn't read anything about Marvel going to 4 films. I DID read somewhere they may go to 3 films.

Iron Man 4 and Incredible Hulk 2 would be an interesting ways to open up Phase IV, pretty much echoing their opening of Phase I

I know it got a lot of hate here, but I loved it. I still feel like there are lots of good stories to be told and villains to use.
Mandarin would likely be the one they go with, especially after what happened in hail to the king one shot, but there are others that would make great on screen foes, like Spymaster, Ghost & Madam Masque.
I doubt though we will see any film till maybe 2016-2017, Black widow will likely get a film, even though Marvel is talking about going from 2 films a year to 4.

I agree, IM3 was great! I had a blast watching it, and loved all the different things Black did than the superhero norm. I'd rather them just bring back Hammer, make him an actual threat now, and give us Ghost or whatever. Really over the whole Mandarin thing, he was done fine in IM3...imo. Not really much more to add to the character, save for rings and a switched race.

I'd be interested in IM4. Most definitely would! But I want a few other movies than it. Chief among them is Hulk 2..

Yep, I'm really hoping Hulk gets another shot.

I didn't read anything about Marvel going to 4 films. I DID read somewhere they may go to 3 films.

That might have been what I heard, there are so many stories anymore by every online news sites, it was something I read in passing some where and thought cool, it would make sense that Marvel wants to add films, even one more, they have so many characters yet to be made, like Dr. Strange, Black widow, Ms. Marvel, etc. plus getting back their Marvel knights properties.
I agree, with how successful Iron man has been for Marvel, that sitting on a 4th film for to long did not make sense, business wise anyway, but I suspect it has more to do with whether they could get Robert Downey Jr. back or have to recast the role.
I will be first in line for a 4th film, as I was for the other 3, I just want a film that expands Iron Mans universe, not sure I want Mandarin now, after the last film, I want others now, and yeah, Justin Hammer coming back would be awesome.

Iron Man 4 seems like it's a given at some point, especially now post AHTK(that one shot is a promise to the fans), although I enjoyed IM3, villain and all for what it was, I can't say I'm not a little excited and looking forward to seeing where they go with that. It's interesting that it's listed on this survey, because I don't recall anyone seriously mentioning IM4 as being one of potential phase 3 films. Honestly I'd prefer they save IM4 till phase 4, maybe because of the whole "4" could be a brilliant marketing tie-in for both the return of the solo Iron man and that the over story arcs are in the fourth phase.

The one thing that kinda worries me about this survey is that it's clearly from Disney with the inclusion of Maleficent alongside Guardians. While I'm happy that I'd say perhaps, or hopefully all of the Marvel films listed are locked or in the pipeline of development, I can't help but wonder if this is Disney trying amass ammunition to dictate to the Marvel Producers which films are released and when or even an attempt to pressure the producers away from new properties like Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Inhumans to instead having them focus on churning out 4, 5, and 6 installments of all the "bankable" established series/characters/franchises.

I really hope TWS continues to perform well and foreshadow the unreleased original films GOTG/Ant Man. TWS has an outside chance of hitting $300 mill domestic with north of $250 mill likely since it's summer and for the most part the WOM is good. But still aside from Avengers right now only IM has what I would call a lock for $300 mill dom and if Disney thinks that they'll make more $$$ churning out IM and Avengers films then that's where we'll see the focus shift away from new original properties. I hope this doesn't mean that characters like Strange, Black Panther might get forced into AoS or TV/Netflix rather than get their own cinematic adaptions. While I know some might actually prefer TV series type storytelling format for some characters, I like/prefer my feature length movies and film series.

Perhaps my anxieties are completely unfounded and I'm reading way too much into a harmless survey. I guess this is a good way to voice my concerns. One good thing I think we'll probably be hearing a lot more about Phase 3 aside from Ant man/Cap 3 real soon. In fact I'd say the survey probably indicates that the powers that be are finalizing just exactly what we are going to get in phase 3. I'd honestly say I'd prefer Doctor Strange or Black Panther before getting IM4. But this is Disney and if they see IM4 as guarantee $300mill vs. DS or BP unproved and perhaps if their lucky might crack $200mill dom, it's obvious which films we'll see.

I hope my concerns are wrong and things like Strange and Panther do very well. Hopefully they can expand to three films a year at least. We got some good talent handling these franchises so I don't think quality will be an issue, at least with Avengers and Cap. The only thing holding them back from three films a year was getting the foundations of the MCU off the ground and establishing interconnecting series. Kinda like the comics. Now with Whedon/Avengers, The Russo Bros. and writers Markus and Freely with a good handle on Cap's course and GOTG with Gunn and Ant Man with Wright, I feel the future of the MCU is exciting indeed. The creative teams for the the different titles/characters are falling into place. I just hope Disney doesn't try to manipulate things too much. I have faith in what Marvel Studios is doing.

^ Really wonderfully written post, seishin87.

While I share your concerns to an extent, I have faith that Disney has faith in Marvel Studios at large, and Kevin Feige in particular. I think they realize that long term sustainability can only be achieved if there's a healthy balance between newly introduced characters and established characters.

In terms of mapping out the MCU, IMO Kevin Feige hasn't set a foot wrong thus far, and under his guidance, the MCU's future looks pretty much secure as well. I'm sure Disney gives him (and will continue to give him) as much carte blanche as is possible in this context.

I thought we were done after Iron Man 3...I guess its bound to happen though.

If there's a Pirates 4, I think there will be a Iron Man 4.

Why? Shane Black is what gave Iron Man 3 such a great energy.

If there's a Pirates 4, I think there will be a Iron Man 4.

Interesting that you mention that, i find both franchises similar in a way when it comes to the tone, and they're 2 of my favorite Popcorn fun film franchises.

Inevitable. Iron Man is like one of the biggest superhero movie franchises now. I'd say it will be Mr. Downey's last one though.

If RBJ's in this one though, would like to see his character getting more mature.

I think IM4 has a snowball's chance and will only happen if Marvel or RDJ hit a real rough patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"