Iron Man Sequels Iron Man 4...not so far away at all?

If your a Marvel fan and/or have kids this is something you will want to check out. It's called Marvel Universe LIVE and it looks to be something huge. I made a thread about it here in the comics section because I wasn't sure where to put it:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=466805

You can see when they are coming to a city near you at the site:

http://www.marveluniverselive.com/

and this will be a multi-country thing as well! Looks like Marvel is going to have another hit on their hands. I don't see how this thing will be anything but a monster with the popularity of the movies

They hit their three movie mark already; trilogies rule the market. Disney already tried a fourth Pirates and that went nowhere. RDJ will certainly be in the third Avengers, giving a total of six Iron Man movies. How many times is RDJ going to want to play the character? He could do IM4, sure, but why? Certainly everything that could be done with his Tony Stark could be done in six movies.

A pirates 4th film that went nowhere and still did a billion at the Box office. With Iron Man they even hame more for where to go next, as while the 2nd was a repeat from the first film, the 3rd film knew how to make it feel fresh and made a buddy cop film, with the next they just need to play with another genre or idea. Pirates has a bigger crisis on ideas due to each film not being all that different from the other, and after freaking Davy Jones, the perfect pirate villain in Barbossa, and failing at the most famous pirate Blackbeard, it'll be very difficult to do something different and exciting.

I disagree they have done all they can with Iron Man in 6 movies, he has a rich history with stories and villains yet to be used. That said, as much as I love RDJ and he was one of those perfect storm castings, he will not continue on being Tony Stark, the role resurrected his career, and he as much said if he could he would do 20 Iron Man movies, but age comes into play, he is pushing 50 and will likely want to start to settle down, do less movies, so if Marvel wants to keep doing Iron Man films, which Kevin Freige said he could see a James Bond like franchise, they will have to recast the role and if so, who and will audiences like the new actor.

Perhaps an IM4 is already greenlit for post Avengers 3 and Marvel is being quiet bout it to give the illusion that Avengers 3 is it for him...then BAM! IM4 cant miss last appearance of RDJ in the role, a can't miss!

Would be a hell of a marketing move.

^ Good thought, but I don't think "Avengers 3: Sideways Eight" will be wanting in terms of publicity. :) Neither will a RDJ-starring Iron Man 4.

They hit their three movie mark already; trilogies rule the market. Disney already tried a fourth Pirates and that went nowhere. RDJ will certainly be in the third Avengers, giving a total of six Iron Man movies. How many times is RDJ going to want to play the character? He could do IM4, sure, but why? Certainly everything that could be done with his Tony Stark could be done in six movies.

But it ain't a trilogy. Avengers is part of the story. In fact IM3 felt more like a sequel to Avengers than IM1 and 2. As long as Downey ain't bored of playing Stark he'll still do it.

I really hope Iron Man 4 isn't too far away. I'd love to see more of Tony Stark, & there are definitely a lot more stories that can be told. If RDJ is up for it, it'll end up happening. Probably will all depend on how he feels about the prospect after The Avengers 3.

Iron Man 4 and Incredible Hulk 2 would be an interesting ways to open up Phase IV, pretty much echoing their opening of Phase I

I really like that idea.

I really want my TIH sequel!

Yep. Honestly, maybe 10% of the population saw the one-shot (which is Marvel saying "oh sorry My B here is ur power rings asian guy"), so if they used Mandarin again, the GA would be like

"whutttt?"

I know I'm dreaming, but Demon in a Bottle. I always wanted to see that storyline.

Shane wanted to do that originally, and Disney Veto'd that idea.

Their stated reason was that it ate up the film's runtime with a totally new subplot.

I get the feeling that the real reason was not wanting to trigger Downey who does have substance abuse issues and could get him to relapse back into alcoholism himself.

Honestly, the film will need to recast Iron Man as somebody else. I'd recommend Taylor Kitsch who would be the right age to be Tony Stark when Downey is done in 2018.

For those doubting Kitsch, watch Savages or Lone Survivor. He has some serious chops.

Taylor Kitch had a bunch of bad luck, didn't he have some 2 Box office bombs in the same year? It wasn't his fault at all, but that's where studios point the finger.

If there's someone who would be perfect to be Tony in a Demon in the Bottle storyline, it's Robert Downey Junior himself, his history gives him a better perspective on portraying that type of problem.

Recasting Tony Stark would have the effect on the audience of a well known band playing an unfamiliar song...legions would be heading for the exits for another beer and a pee break.

Recasting him will be done eventualy, but at first it will definitely cause some negative reaction, but get acostumed to the idea, Marvel has said that they want to go the James Bond route.

Marvel Studio will only face a dangerous position if all the Avengers need to be recast in one go, if they continue to slowly recast only a single of the major characters every now and then, it will be easy to warm up people to the idea.

The problem with recasting is that RDJ is really the face of the character. Spidey and Batman were in their own games and cartoons before they got the movie treatment. In other words RDJ made him famous. The question is this,

Is Iron Man the character iconic or is it RDJ's version that is iconic.

The problem with recasting is that RDJ is really the face of the character. Spidey and Batman were in their own games and cartoons before they got the movie treatment. In other words RDJ made him famous. The question is this,

Is Iron Man the character iconic or is it RDJ's version that is iconic.

a good question

Sean Connery was the face of James Bond once upon a time and they recast him successfully several times. If they get someone good enough to replace Downey Jr it will work and be accepted.

Taylor Kitch had a bunch of bad luck, didn't he have some 2 Box office bombs in the same year? It wasn't his fault at all, but that's where studios point the finger.

If there's someone who would be perfect to be Tony in a Demon in the Bottle storyline, it's Robert Downey Junior himself, his history gives him a better perspective on portraying that type of problem.

Except I just listed two films after the two bombs that were well received.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"