Iron Man Sequels Iron Man 4 Pros and Cons

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Cons

- Captain America Civil War basically was Iron Man 4 in so many aspects. The next step for Tony Stark’s character development after Iron Man 3 would be to have him face the consequences for his actions and finally accept that maybe superheroes should be governed, after previously laughing off the U.S. government in Iron Man 2. But that happened in Captain America: Civil War.

There’s a reason why a lot of people called Captain America: Civil War, “Avengers 2.5.” It’s because, while it is technically Captain America’s third solo movie, it acts as a bridge between the second and third Avengers movies. The film focuses on Tony Stark as much as Cap.

- Been announced so many times but with no follow through

Pros

- It would essentially fix the problems of Iron Man 3

The last solo Iron Man film we had, Iron Man 3, was a bitter disappointment to most fans. It gave us closure on Tony’s journey, as he tossed the Arc Reactor keeping him alive in the ocean at the end of the movie and we see him find true love with Pepper. But he can’t go out like that.

- Iron Man 4 would be a way to truly send off Tony even though Endgame did that but it also would make room for Tony to pass the torch to a new Iron Man to take over his mantle also

- Plus Don Cheadle wants to do Iron Man 4

Is Civil War Iron Man 4, though? It's no more Tony's story than it is Steve's even though yes, at the end of the day, it's an Avengers film. Plus, in hindsight, I think there's a lot to like about Iron Man 3. Not as good as the first one, sure, but one major takeaway would be Tony realizing he can rely less on the suit and that it doesn't make him who he is.

You don't get him telling Peter Parker in Homecoming that if he's nothing without the suit, then he shouldn't have it, without Iron Man 3. There are still issues with it, yes, but there's still a lot of good in it.

I suppose my Con to Iron Man 4 is....that Iron Man is dead. I really don't want to go Black Widow and drop a prequel adventure in there. Unfortunately, Iron Man 3 is the last Iron Man movie. It does mean his solo movies end on a low note. But he goes out in Endgame like an absolute hero so his character ends up doing perfectly fine.

It never really felt like they knew what to do with Iron Man in his own solo movies. The first one was amazing and kicked off this whole journey. But Iron Man 2 had some real ups and downs to it. And Iron Man 3 just annoyed the heck out of me. That is one MCU movie I skip every time.

Would have loved an Iron Man 4 since his character deserved better than Iron Man 3. But, they used the team-up movies to balance things out so I don't mind so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"