Iron Man 2 Iron Man armor - Official Discussion Thread

I agree Mr. J the suitcase rrr-ocks! I'm not sure what Judson Caspion is trying to say, but mind reading hurts my head.

Iron Man 2 looking right on point so far.

I just can't get over the Silver & red armour! I need specs, capabilities, AAAHHH!

Oops, nerdgasm :) A messy thang

Also it looks like Vanko is able to do a little damage to Stark in the armor. Anyone have that gif of him tossing Marv V Iron Man from around the neck with his whips?

1268032153522.gif

Reminds me of the 90's animated Series
irondressing0ds.gif

Nope.

I had some concerns about the suitcase armor, but after seeing that, they all went away.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. How about this...
I am having problems continually watching this clip over and over, is anyone else having these same problems? Is that clearer?

So I take it Rockwell's character is playing both sides of the fence .... as in supplying Whiplash with his gear and drones, as well as the military with War Machine?

I don't think you understood what I was saying. How about this...
I am having problems continually watching this clip over and over, is anyone else having these same problems? Is that clearer?

Oh, haha.

No, I'm not having problems watching the clip.

I just can't get over the Silver & red armour! I need specs, capabilities, AAAHHH!

Unfortunately, I see that suitcase armor not being nearly as powerful as his normal one. It looks like an "In case of emergency" thing.

yeah it doesn't look all that souped up detailed. I imagine he had to leave stuff out to keep it lighter and so it could fit in the case.

yeah it doesn't look all that souped up detailed. I imagine he had to leave stuff out to keep it lighter and so it could fit in the case.

Probably the only reason Whiplash is able to lay a hand or whip on him at the track. Realistically, a ranged fighter like Vanko should/would never be able to land a hit on a flier.

I think it makes sense that the suitcase armor won't be as powerful as his Mark armors, otherwise why not use it all the time? It still looks awesome and I'm sure the audience will be blown away by it. I won't be surprised if someone in the military asks the question "Can we make an armor like that?" :oldrazz:

I love that Fav's was smart enough to make the Silver Centurion armor a bit low-key in detail and equipment.

It makes perfect sense since it took an entire machine set up to install and remove the MK II/III armor from him in the first movie, so to make it suitcase capable, you would have to remove and leave off some parts.

Both makes it assessable to wear , but also leaving some vulnerability if IM is going against a heavy powered weapon.

So I take it Rockwell's character is playing both sides of the fence .... as in supplying Whiplash with his gear and drones, as well as the military with War Machine?

Im pretty sure he is supplying the military with the drones as well. That is why when war machine is introduced the drones are in the background, there is one for every section of the military, sea, air, heavy artillary, and CQC.

mr.earle i though of something that lends to your MARK V doesn't fly theory. didn't tony put the gold titanium on to help prevent icing at high altitudes well if the mark v doesn't fly (at least as high as the other armors) then it wont have a need to prevent freezing and thats why its silver and red the the silver centurion armor

If he was able to make the Mark l fly albeit briefly, then I don't see why the far more advanced Mark V can't. I was actually very suprised that they made the Mark l fly. I expected him to just have to walk to civilization like in the comics.

LOL seriously guys WHY SO SERIOUS?

Can't you guys just like both?

I mean Favreau liked Dark Knight.

here's a question for the "Armor Experts" out there...

are there 2 different versions of thw Mark VI ? i ask because i've seen pictures where it looks very similar to the Mark IV with red and gold pieces on the biceps and thighs ,albeit with the triangle Arc Reactor....but i've also seen,like everyone else,the pics where it's different in the respect of having all gold biceps and thighs,with gunmetal grey armor pieces on them...

are both in the movie? or did they decided to change it while filming? just wondering

The one with the gunmetal is the actual mark VI it is sleeker, more refined, and a tad bit smaller than the other suit. In fact the other suit just looks exactly like the mark IV with a different chest piece.

I'll tell ya, people, I squealed a little when I realized what the briefcase armor was.

I also peed a few drops but the less said about that, the better.

The one with the gunmetal is the actual mark VI it is sleeker, more refined, and a tad bit smaller than the other suit. In fact the other suit just looks exactly like the mark IV with a different chest piece.

ah...so the first version is basically just the Mark IV with a new chestpiece, while the gold and gunmetal one is the actual new suit Mark VI ?

guess what i'm asking is,are there 2 suits in the film with the triangular Arc Reactor in it ?

I also think the mark vi has solid gold thigh armor so the legs are a little different

ah...so the first version is basically just the Mark IV with a new chestpiece, while the gold and gunmetal one is the actual new suit Mark VI ?

guess what i'm asking is,are there 2 suits in the film with the triangular Arc Reactor in it ?

According to all the toys and advertising Id say yes, but....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"