Iron Man 3 Iron Man Hall of Armors

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
Kinda surprised theres not already a thread dedicated to this, but with the dossier on each armor this week, its a good time to run through them. Let me know if I'm missing anything as we go. ***SPOILER ALERT*** if you don't want to know anything about the new armors.

There are now 42/42 named suits of armor!
1_7.jpg

mark15.jpg

Iron-Man-3-Mark-17-Heartbreaker-570x427.jpg

Iron-Man-3-Mark-33-Silver-Centurion-570x427.jpg

2iafieylu7ia.jpg

37to42.jpg

[thanks to James_Smith for all fan made images]

Mark I: Prototype, built with limited resources in unfavorable conditions. Miniaturized arc-reactor allows for defensive weaponry and short burst of unstable flight through repulsion.
Weapons - wrist-mounted flame throwers, rocket propelled grenade

Mark II: Less limitation on resources, more precise measurements allow for better Arc technology with higher energy output. Sustained flight attained and stabilized using boot and gauntlet repulsors. More durable armor plating. Integration of home-computer AI. Supersonic flight speeds.
Weapons - none beyond repulsors in hands, feet and chest RT.

Mark III: Gold-titanium alloy used to prevent icing at high altitudes, maintains power-to-weight ratio of Mark II. Hot rod red added for aesthetic contrast.
Weapons: Anti-tank missile, auto-targeting small caliber rounds, flares, repulsor tech.

Mark IV: After near-destruction of Mark III armor in battle with Iron Monger, Mark IV is created with easier removal functionality. Helmet can be removed entirely.
Weapons - Assumedly similar to Mark III

Mark V: Suitcase Suit. Useful when Stark needs to suit up far from home or other appropriate location. Lighter and less armored, not built for sustained flight.
Weapons - repulsors in hands and chest RT

Mark VI: Advanced tech built after Stark invented a new element to replace Palladium and perfected his Arc reactor technology. Far higher energy output which we can assume allows for faster flight speeds (Mach 3-4) and more advanced weaponry.
Weapons - Sticky grenades, "one-off" beam and several other wrist and shoulder mounted weapons (used to intimidate Loki).

Mark VII: Rapid deployment armor that targets bracelet mounted beacons. Equipped with additional thrusters on the backs of the feet, calves, and legs. Deployed after Mark VI sustains substantial damage while attempting to repair the Helicarrier.
Weapons - Beyond Mark VI weaponry: Auto-targeting rocket barrage, leg mounted missile compartments, additional thrusters allow for freedom of arm movement during flight.

Mark 8 - 14 seem unnamed. Possibly even non-specialized.

Mark XV (15) - Stealth Suit "Sneaky"
It is virtually invisible to enemy early-warning systems. A chrome colored coating on the armor can darken or lighten to match the environment.

Mark XVI (16) - Black Stealth Suit "Nightclub"
Similar to Sneaky, it doesn’t have all the weapons and is designed for stealth missions.

Mark XVII (17) - Artillery Level RT Suit "Heartbreaker"
Known as Heartbreaker, it has an oversized chest RT, which can fire powerful blasts. The Heartbreaker can fire narrow or wide beams and can also generate a repulsor shield for protection.

Mark XVIII (18) - Stealth Artillery-Level RT Suit "Casanova"

Mark XIX (19) - High Velocity Prototype "Tiger"

Mark XX (20) - Long-Distance Suit "Python"

Mark XXI (21) - High-Altitude Suit "Midas"

Mark XXII (22) - War Machine 2.0 "Hot Rod"

Mark XXIII (23) - Extreme-Heat Suit "Shades"

Mark XXIV (24) - Heavy-Combat Suit "Tank"

Mark XXV (25) - Heavy Construction Suit "Striker/Thumper"
It was designed to help with construction. It’s powerful jackhammer-like arms can pulverize concrete. It can withstand high temperatures and electrical surges.

Mark XXVI (26) - Heavy-Construction Upgrade "Gamma"

Mark XXVII (27) - Chameleon Suit "Disco"

Mark XXVIII (28) - Radiation-Zone Suit "Jack"

Mark XXIX (29) - Nimble-Construction Suit "Fiddler"

Mark XXX (30) - Silver Centurion Prototype "Blue Steel"

Mark XXXI (31) - High-Velocity Centurion Suit "Piston"

Mark XXXII (32) - Enhanced-RT Suit "Romeo"

Mark XXXIII (33) - Enhanced Energy Suit "Silver Centurion"
The Silver Centurion has a slight protective force field, which allows the suit to attract or repulse objects using magnetic polarity. The suit is capable of firing pulse cannons that build in intensity the further they travel.

Mark XXXIV (34) - Disaster Rescue Prototype "Southpaw"

Mark XXXV (35) - Disaster Rescue Suit "Red Snapper"
Known as Red Snapper, this armor was designed to survive in dangerous places. The suit has extendable arms and claws making it ideal for disaster rescue.

Mark XXXVI (36) - Riot Control Suit "Peacemaker"

Mark XXXVII (37) - Deep Sea Suit "Hammerhead"
Known as Hammerhead, it’s designed to be able to travel to the deepest parts of the ocean. It can withstand extreme pressure, and it has high-power work lights to allow visibility in murky waters.

Mark XXXVIII (38) - Heavy Lifting Suit "Igor"
Known as Igor, this armor actually wasn’t designed for battle. It was created for heavy lifting and carrying heavy objects.

Mark XXXIX (39) - Sub Orbital Suit "Gemini"
Known as Gemini, it is designed for otherworldly journey. It has an integrated, removable booster pack and zero-gravity maneuvering thrusters.

Mark XL (40) - Hyper Velocity Suit "Shotgun"
It’s designed for hypersonic speed. It can travel in excess of Mach 5.

Mark XLI (41) - Skeleton Suit "Bones"
It’s a black and gold lighter version of a full Iron man suit. It’s purpose is speed and maneuverability.

Mark XLII (42) - Prehensile Suit "Prodigal Son"
Made out of separate pieces that can fly to Tony Stark and form a suit around his body. It’s controlled from a state-of-art chip implanted in Tony Stark’s left forearm. Tony Stark can summon the pieces with just his thoughts.

OTHER NOTEWORTHY ARMORS:

Iron Monger
Whiplash Mark I
Whiplash Mark II
War Machine Mark I
War Machine Mark II
Iron Patriot

Last edited:
Just a heads up proxy, some of those pictures are missing and some aren't working.

hey, why no love (a pic) for the mark 7. that's my favourite armor.

Thanks guys. Changed to 42.

Also just been looking for a good depiction of marks 4 and 7. Perhaps a gif since the differences arent as visually apparent.

Thanks guys. Changed to 42.

Also just been looking for a good depiction of marks 4 and 7. Perhaps a gif since the differences arent as visually apparent.
You can pop some DVDs in your computer and do some screen captures.

Mark III
As soon as he lands in Golmira to fight the terrorists.

Mark IV
When he stands up after flying into the Stark Expo in the opening scene.

Mark VII
The Avenger DVD where he flies up and says, "His name was, Phil."

Last edited:
I'll definitely do something like that when I get home from work tonight. :word:

Maybe you should start with the Mark I from top to bottom instead of bottom to top.

Actually that one was intentional. Figured people would rather see the IM3 stuff first.

Nah, I figure it would be a better progression if it started from the older suits to the newer ones in numerical older.

I doubt anyone cares if the Iron Man 3 ones were first....

Last edited:
Maybe use these to make the first post more uniform and clean.

304px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_I_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

310px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_II_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

291px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_III_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

268px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_IV_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

266px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_V_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

272px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_VI_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

282px-Iron_Man_Armor_MK_VII_%28Earth-199999%29_001.jpg

Is there anyway I'm going to be able to put more than 10 images in the OP?

Combine the pics into one image using a picture editing program like Photoshop, even MS Paint would work

And where are you finding the full body shots of Igor and Heartbreaker suits? Havent seen those yet. I REALLY hope they release similar shots/specs for all the Armors up to Mk42

Right. Even if they save some for the movie/after the movie/even the blu ray special features. I just hope they don't leave a bunch of mystery armors.

I started this thread for that reason. We've seen Mark numbers for about 13 out of 42. Including those seen in the trailer we've probably still seen less than 20 suits total.

And where are you finding the full body shots of Igor and Heartbreaker suits? Havent seen those yet. I REALLY hope they release similar shots/specs for all the Armors up to Mk42
They're on the IM Facebook page in the Armor Unlock section.

Love the Red Snapper armor lol. Maybe cause it's Texas' armor :D

We need the full body shot in this thread to see the arm extensions

Last edited:
Even though these armors are
drones
, do you think it is possible for Stark to suit up in any of them if he wants? I'd love for him to suit up in Silver Centurion and the Heartbreaker armors.

Has it been said that they are drones?

I was pretty sure they are fully operational suits of armor that could also be controlled by Stark with Extremis if necessary.

Especially since they ALL have the word "SUIT" after their names

Has it been said that they are drones?

I was pretty sure they are fully operational suits of armor that could also be controlled by Stark with Extremis if necessary.

Especially since they ALL have the word "SUIT" after their names

I saw someone mentioned the word "drone" so I assume that that's what they are. If they're suits that can be remotely operated by Stark using Extremis, it would be even better. And I also hope these armors won't go away at the end of IM3; I want to see them in Avengers 2 and beyond.

I think 42 suits seems pretty excessive D:

Should've been just 20 or 25

/:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back