World Iron Man: The Animated Series (201?) - Part 1

RealIrOnMaN

Shellhead
Reaction score
1_1334958905.jpg

THR: Because Marvel is now part of Disney, are you looking into more Avengers series?
Marsh: Two months ago, we launched Marvel Universe on Disney XD, which became the exclusive home for new Marvel television content. We've developed Ultimate Spider-Man. Subsequent to the success of the Avengers movie, we've been developing a new Avengers Assemble. We're talking about a Hulk series and an Iron Man series, too. They're going to spend $150 million to $200 million to make these [movie] properties and then half of that to market them; I'm sitting here thinking, "Thank you, Lord, you've made me look good."
Link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...arsh-avengers-miley-cyrus-shia-labeouf-340251

To be honest, I'm pretty excited for the idea of the new Iron Man series, considering that the last time the character's long and rich history was given a proper treatment was back in the 90's with the Iron Man Animated Series Season 2. While Armored Adventures has made some attempts at the famous classic comic book stories, it's still far from being a definitive Iron Man show (although the second season is quite good). Whether the new animated interpretation of Tony Stark is going to be closer to the comics or the MCU (or the Avengers Assemble show at that point) remains to be seen, but either way - cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.

Oh, and I hope they keep this Adrian Pasdar guy (who voiced Stark in the Japanese Iron Man & USM) as far away as possible - he's pretty terrible at voicing the character. However, I'm all hands for Eric Loomis (he does a terrific job at bringing some life into IM with his RDJ-esque voice in both IM2 video game and EMH).

Thought about something, regarding the new show and its ramifications:

1) The announcement possibly means, that Marvel might cancel Armored Adventures (besides, only a few episodes left before the end of Season 2 and they got all the plot lines sorted out nicely) in favor of the new series.

2) Perhaps Disney/Marvel perfectly understands that RDJ won't be there forever for Iron Man franchise (you know, no problems with IM3 and Avengers 2, but after that the age and the desire to do other projects can really get in the way), so they decided that the best way to keep the character's popular status alive is through the other project and the new comic books (Fraction is officially out).

Isn't the new avengers show MCU-esque but in the USM world supposedly?? So will this be AA's Iron Man but his solo cartoon?

Ever since Loeb jumped on he has wanted to do nothing but get through and distance himself from anything EMH related...I would be shocked (though pleased) if they actually used any EMH voice actors in their new shows. Pasdar was horrible, but I won't be surprised if Loeb winds up using him.

I'm pretty excited for a new Iron Man show because he's not as over-exposed as Spidey, but dammit I want a Thor solo series already.

I'm VERY leery about ANY new animated series coming from Marvel/Disney in the foreseeable future with all the stink being raised about them and the creative people in charge as of late...

I'm VERY leery about ANY new animated series coming from Marvel/Disney in the foreseeable future with all the stink being raised about them and the creative people in charge as of late...

Yep. It's all potential, and very loose potential at that.

I hope it turns out good. All I need to know is tone/art style for the show. And who is the writers and producers on it. And hopefully it turns out to be a good show. And like I said in tv section just cause of the mistakes they made with usm shouldn't deter all future shows. Everything isn't going to be just usm style. More so if its over before this series ever makes it out. Also who's to say loeb/joe q is going to be in total control of all future shows. For all we know they could just be a more hands off control and be just in name producers like stan lee is on any marvel product. And judt be the dudes to sign the checks and who ever is show runners have more control. Or what if loeb leaves marvel, quiets, is fired, steps down.

Last edited:
It's a shame really because I enjoy Armored Adventures. It was fun and had a ton of characters from the wider MCU. And with this announced it more or less sets in stone it's end at Season 2.

Thought about something, regarding the new show and its ramifications:

1) The announcement possibly means, that Marvel might cancel Armored Adventures (besides, only a few episodes left before the end of Season 2 and they got all the plot lines sorted out nicely) in favor of the new series.

2) Perhaps Disney/Marvel perfectly understands that RDJ won't be there forever for Iron Man franchise (you know, no problems with IM3 and Avengers 2, but after that the age and the desire to do other projects can really get in the way), so they decided that the best way to keep the character's popular status alive is through the other project and the new comic books (Fraction is officially out).

Third season

Story Editor Brandon Auman says work for a third season is being talked about in December 2011 and specifically introducing Wolverine to the series if the third season is confirmed.
On May 25th 2012, James Harvey reported from Nicktoons that the 2012 finale will be a specific season end, and not a series end. "The network is slated to air new episodes of Iron Man: Armored Adventures weekly through the summer, up to the final episodes of the second season."Nicktoons has not confirmed when such third season will be released such as tie-in for the 2013 Iron Man 3 live action movie or 2014. No major plotline of such third season has been revealed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man:_Armored_Adventures

I was originally leary of Iron Man: Armored Adventures because any Iron Man fan cringes when they hear Teen Tony, but the series was actually pretty good.
My only complaint is when a series is made for Iron Man or an animated movie, it does not follow the comic, they are reimagined, even the 90's series did not follow the book, I understand they can not take direct from the books, but I dont really want to see another Iron Man and is friends vs. Mandarin and is lackies in a secret war. I would like a series where we get a mature Tony dealing with business, and Global threats by his enemies, not worring about did he miss his history test.

Just cause they talked about doing a third season doesn't mean that it got anywhere past idea stage. Plus with disney/marvel merger. Maybe there was a set time nicktoons had rights left to use ironman.

I really enjoy the Nick show, but having an adult Tony and Pepper and Rhodey is so much more fun to watch.

I hope they spend the first season without anyone else showing up. No Cap, no Hulk, No Spidey, no SHIELD. Just have it be Tony's inner circle.

Probably not. They have two Iron Man DTV featuring Iron Man this year plus he's a regular in Avengers Assemble.

They are probably going to want to focus on Thor and Cap in animation next or Avengers-related stuff.

Picked up EMH finale for 15.00 at best buy with my BB card

I would be excited about the show, but, considering the majority of Marvel's animated programs are aimed for lobotomized children - Avengers Assemble is the wildcard-I have very low expectations.

Hmm, to do an Iron Man cartoon real justice they'd need to really push the envelope with what you can get away with in a kids cartoon. Iron Man's best stories were always more adult themed in nature so I'm not sure how it'll do as a cartoon series. IMO the 2nd season of the 90's cartoon is the best they got to in this medium and it was still not all that good. IM:AA apart from some cool redesigns of some of the villains was about on par with the 90's show. Still, I'll check it out when it airs.

considering that the last time the character's long and rich history was given a proper treatment was back in the 90's with the Iron Man Animated Series Season 2.

THANK YOU IRON ZEALOT! I wish more people, young and old would take the time and sit down watch this entire mid 90's, 13 episode 2nd season of IRON MAN (and FANTASTIC FOUR's 2nd season) from beginning to end. It is THE pinnacle of 90's perfection of how a Marvel comic book property animated series should be handled.

The gravitas, the voice casting, the tone, the animation, the character designs, the music, the Marvel Universe inclusion, the adherence to weave source material from current and classic comics was impeccable. A feeling (just like FF S2) as a viewer as if you were literally air-dropped into the on going Marvel Universe. And a feeling I haven't had since, till maybe AVENGERS EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES. And even THAT was built from the ground up unlike IM 90's which didn't club you over the head with origins.

From DC, YOUNG JUSTICE is the one I would point to from DC that gave me feeling even over JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED. JLU was more of a developing universe wrought from BTAS and moreover STAS continuity. And YJ you felt like you were just boom-tubed in into an on going DCU as a viewer.

I STILL haven't seen an IRON MAN animation adaptation come close since. SOME might even consider it (both seasons) the first actual Avengers animated series!? Because it was essentially the West Coast Avengers/Force Works concept where IM was a lil more lone wolf in the uber-enhanced and retooled season 2. The lineup was;

Iron Man
War Machine
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Century
Scarlet Witch

My ONLY quibble at the time I remember was that due to some bizarro rights issues they had to substitute Hawkeye for Captain America in S2. In the episodes "Armor Wars" (in the vault), and "Iron Man On The Inside" (when IM shrinks down to enter Cap's body and treat Steve's eroding and toxic SSS in the comics) Hawkeye ends up pinch-hitting for Cap and I couldn't get my head around it at the time and made me hate individual character rights pettiness. I REALLY wanted to see Cap return in animation because he hadn't been seen since the Spidey-Friends at the time.

The Mandarin's perfect portrayal on that show is the Mandarin that's always my ideal Mandarin forever seared into my brain. And one of the key reasons I really disliked the IM3 film utter irresponsible butchering of the character.

Last edited:
THANK YOU IRON ZEALOT! I wish more people, young and old would take the time and sit down watch this entire 13 episode 2nd season of IRON MAN (and FANTASTIC FOUR's 2nd season) from beginning to end. It is THE pinnacle of 90's perfection of how a comic property animated series should be handled.

The gravitas, the voice casting, the tone, the animation, the Marvel Universe inclusion, the adherence to weave source material from current and classic comics was impeccable. I STILL haven't seen an IRON MAN animation adaptation come close since. SOME might even consider it (both seasons) the first actual Avengers animated series!? Because it was essentially the West Coast Avengers/Force Works concept where IM was a lil more lone wolf in the uber-enhanced and retooled season 2. The lineup was;

Iron Man
War Machine
Spider-Woman
Hawkeye
Century
Scarlet Witch

My ONLY quibble at the time I remember was that due to some bizarro rights issues they had to substitute Hawkeye for Captain America in S2 in the eps "Armor Wars" in the vault, and "Iron Man On The Inside" when he shrinks down to enter Cap's body and treat Steve's eroding and toxic SSS in the comics. I REALLY wanted to see Cap return in animation because he hadn't been seen since the Spidey-Friends at the time.

The Mandarin's perfect portrayal on that show is the Mandarin that's always my ideal Mandarin forever seared into my brain. And one of the key reasons I really disliked the IM3 film utter irresponsible butchering of the character.

Quoted for both the truth and because I agree with every single thing that you said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"