Iron Man 2 Iron Man vs Iron Man 2

There were actually more blows thrown in the "friend fight" than the entire Iron Monger battle and the third one was an awesome flight scene topped off with the Hammer Drones battle (awesome) & Whiplash fight (average).

Which is one damn shame as that friends fight was absurd. We all knew they weren't killing each other. It was a big budgeted alley fight between drunk friends (one drunk, one trying to control him). If that was the best IM2 had to offer action-wise then IM1 beats it by a long mile.

The last fight was a classic explosion feast. Lots of robots, lots of shooting, etc. Not bad, but that alone can't save a movie.

The amount of time he was actually in the Iron Man suit in the second film was MUCH longer than the first film.

I might have addressed that when I said "It might have been more, or with more expensive special effects, but the times in IM1 were so much better."

Which is one damn shame as that friends fight was absurd. We all knew they weren't killing each other. It was a big budgeted alley fight between drunk friends (one drunk, one trying to control him). If that was the best IM2 had to offer action-wise then IM1 beats it by a long mile.

Whether they were trying to kill each other or not doesn't take away from the fact that there was more actual fighting done in that scene than the Iron Monger fight from the first film.

The last fight was a classic explosion feast. Lots of robots, lots of shooting, etc. Not bad, but that alone can't save a movie.

I for one love Iron Man 2's final fight scene, the flying sequence was spectacular and the battle with the Hammers Drones is one of favorite battles in the IM series.

I might have addressed that when I said "It might have been more, or with more expensive special effects, but the times in IM1 were so much better."

Well in that case I simply disagree, in my opinion the times of Tony being Iron Man in IM2 were better than they were in IM1.

I think Iron Man 2's final fight scene was too short. The fight with Obidiah Stane was better.

The fight with Obadiah was longer, but it was kinda lame because Tony's armor was low on power and he was prety much helpless for most of the fight.

The 1st one, no contest (despite the fact that the 2nd wasn't bad by any means)!

The fight with Obadiah was longer, but it was kinda lame because Tony's armor was low on power and he was prety much helpless for most of the fight.

I think it added to the tension of the fight.

It did and it also showed that despite having armor with superstrength and whatnot, Tony at heart is a thinker and he'll always use his brain to win a fight.

I think it added to the tension of the fight.

It absolutely did. the final fight in IM2 was just let's see how cool the good guys' armours can look/sound/feel. And of course Tony will rescue Pepper on time!

I'm surprised so many people like IM2 so much.

I don't hate it, personally, but it's still no match for the awesomness of IM1.

I'm surprised so many people like IM2 so much.

I don't hate it, personally, but it's still no match for the awesomness of IM1.

Well more people liked IM1 and that for a SHH forum about IM2 is a loty to say. You know, even Transfomers 2 has a lot of fans in the TF2 forum.

There would've been plenty of tension anyway because Obadiah's suit was far more powerful than Tony's, he would've had to resort to using his brains whether his suit worked or not.

Tony's armor being a full strength would've just made the fight alot more of an actual "fight" than what it was, I'm still pretty satisfied with how it turned out though.

Well more people liked IM1 and that for a SHH forum about IM2 is a loty to say. You know, even Transfomers 2 has a lot of fans in the TF2 forum.
Yeah, but I think part of the reason why is because the poll was made right after Iron Man 2 was released. If the poll was made today, my guess would be the results would look much different.

Yeah, but I think part of the reason why is because the poll was made right after Iron Man 2 was released. If the poll was made today, my guess would be the results would look much different.

How so? And why exactly?

IM1 for me. IM2 wasn't terrible but it's nothing I have the urge to ever watch again.

^ Yep, that guy made a pretty good point indeed.

IM 1 was the better movie, and I can say a large part of that is attributed to never having seen Iron Man onscreen before, and it was just incredible to see the suit for the first time, coupled with the incredible effects. Nothing beats the first time.

I also felt that the original took itself more seriously than the sequel did. Not to mention was much better written. Just a better overall film.

The Dark Knight Rises.

Wait. :confused:

Iron Man: ***/*****

Solid, but Downey was more of a show saver than a stealer. Plot was serviceable, but felt like a watered down Batman Begins.

Iron Man 2: */*****

Sucked. Bad acting, poor character writing, poor pacing, awful party scene reminiscent of Spider-Man 3 dance number, whopper of a deus ex machina with the "element in the diorama", overflow of Avengers references bogging down the screenplay, forced "message from beyond the grave" father/son moment, dull climax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"