Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Discussion in 'Iron Man' started by Majin Boo, Sep 16, 2004.

?

Who do you want as Iron Man

1. Kiefer Sutherland

2. Collin Farrel

3. Dylan Mcdermot

4. Brad Pitt

5. Billy Cudrup

6. Johnny Depp

7. Leonardo Dicaprio

8. Matt Damon

9. Rob Lowe

10. Ewan Mgregor

11. Tad Hamilton

12. John Stamos

13. Kiefer Sutherland

14. Collin Farrel

15. Dylan Mcdermot

16. Brad Pitt

17. Billy Cudrup

18. Johnny Depp

19. Leonardo Dicaprio

20. Matt Damon

21. Rob Lowe

22. Ewan Mgregor

23. Tad Hamilton

24. John Stamos

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter Rider Ronin

The reason a lot of ppl think IM needs a big name is because it isn't that well Known a bit like the way Ghost Rider has Cage to give it a higher profile and the budget is $100M.that was enough to make excellent sfx and hire a big name for i Robot,so why not Iron Man ?

2. Duncan MacLeod Registered

You don't need a "name" star here. You need a good story that people will enjoy seeing, preferably over and over. Then you need actors that are capable of delivering solid performances in the roles that they've been given. And last you need a big enough budget to show on screen what the writer has envisioned on the page and make it look believable.

A big name star is not necessary in the least. No one had heard of Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil or Carrie Fisher before Star Wars came out and made them stars. Likewise who the hell had heard of Christopher Reeve prior to the release of Superman? Answer : Nobody. The actors became stars because of the movies. The movies didn't become hits because of the actors.

Pick actors who are right for the parts. throw in a few name Character Actors in supporting roles and make the best damned movie you can and people will come to see it. Oh and remember Superman's catch phrase: You will believe a man can fly!

3. Everyman Registered

4. TheVileOne Registered

The reason why not Phatman, is because Peter Cushing has been dead for about 10 years. That might have a little something to do with it.

Also, Mandarin is not going to be in this movie. The villain will reportedly be...Howard Stark.

The last time David Hasselhoff played Nick Fury...well...things didn't work out very well.

5. Dr.Fear Registered

i go with caviezal

6. BT18 Registered

What's the big attraction with Cavezial. People suggest him for everything. Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer.

Nothing is that great about him and alot is bad. Aren't you aware he brings all sorts of crappy demands to every role he plays? He's almost as nutty religiously as Mel Gibson, and it would be just moronic to decide it might be a good idea to constrain yourself with his primitve BS and damper a role (for Iron Man in this case) which is supposed to be about a guy who's deeply flawed and at least for part of his life is walking a fine moral line with his arms dealing and alcaholism and so on and so fourth.

Cavezial doesn't even look particularly like any Tony Stark drawing I've ever seen. I made a collage of them. See for yourself in the thread I started.

7. Everyman Registered

I always found Caviezel overrated. His COunt of Motne Cristo was pretty bad, but then again, the script was awful to begin with.

8. Edd Extraordinaire Registered

9. TheVileOne Registered

Caviezel is a much better choice than a lot of other suggestions I've seen...such as...Stamos, McDermot, Tom Cruise.

10. BT18 Registered

Well I think he's just as bad a choice as those others. It isn't going to be them anyway though. It isn't going to be Stamos because he's sort of a washed up tv star who's trying to get back into the game, on tv though, he's got a sitcom in production that's going to come out, so obviously he can't dump that and go to Iron Man.

It isnt' going to be McDermott because he's a fading tv star who's 45 years old and there's no indication he's got any substantial box office power.

And it probably isn't going to be Cruise, because it would involve too many constraints and delays of an already heavily delayed movie.

11. BT18 Registered

"Untitled John Stamos Project" (2005)

read it and weep. It isnt' going to be Uncle Jesse. He's having a great time making his new sitcom. Something like that can't just get abandoned to try and restart a movie career which last reared it's head since 1991.

12. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Stamos would be horrible. Cruise is worth the wait and the BS IMO.

13. BT18 Registered

Stamos can only return to his movie career if he brings back the mullet
    [​IMG]

Otherwise it's no dice

Same goes for you Coulier

14. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Ha Ha mullet!

15. Hunter Rider Ronin

Thing is you would have to be able to act as well as look like Tony.....Why don't you just post your pic on here ?

16. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

good question lets see what connor looks like

17. Hunter Rider Ronin

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=7708

according to this Mi3 filming has been postponend till september so if IM starts shooting in march as was rumored he could still play Tony as he would have 6 months before Mi3 shooting started and that should be long enough

18. green fear is the mind killer

Man it's gonna take more than a head-shot to get the fanboys around here behind you. A list of work you've done or even who you've studied with would be a good start. Full body pics and ones that look like Tony Stark would help a lot too. Good luck to ya though!

19. green fear is the mind killer

No problem man, and like I said good luck.
    The most important part I think personally is to know the character as he is written in the comics and be true to him. If you arent familiar with him, make yourself so.

20. jaydawg Registered

God, please get Iron Man rolling... if theres one guy who can be Iron Man, its Cruise....

21. BT18 Registered

It's stupid to cast him IMO. He's 5 and a half feet tall, his salary will eat up a 5th of the movie budget EASILY. And Iron Man will open up in a summer with the stiffest competition imaginable, meaning probably no sequels from Mr. Cruise if the returns bruise his ego. Think Affleck, only worse.

22. Hunter Rider Ronin

Not nessicarily true cruise may take a Back end deal so as to keep the money on screen rather than his pocket,the size thing is moot point just look at keaton.
    the thing about cruise is that he is genuine and not a greed and ego monger like other actors,if he is in the movie he'll give it total commitment and will IMO help keep it true as he is a fan

23. BT18 Registered

Dude, sorry but it will never happen. You have zero star power and they need someone with substantial power to carry a movie like this in the summer of 2006, when just SOME of it's summer competetors will be Superman, Wonder Woman, X-Men 3, and Indiana Jones.

It doesn't need to be Tom Cruise, but it does need to be one of the top 20-30 actors in the broad age/look range for Tony Stark.

Also, after looking at your pic, you don't look like Tony Stark. You don't have a strong jaw, you're relatively good looking but not anything close to the classical strong, dark, and handsome look neccessary for Tony. Look for a thread I started on this board (I'll bump it) where I post a collage of Tony pics from around the net. You don't look close to how he was ever drawn.

Not trying to be a jackass in any way. But if you want to succeed in the acting field you need to know these realities. Best of luck in the future at landing your big break.

24. BT18 Registered

Keaton is 2 inches shorter than Batman, Cruise is 6 inches shorter than Tony Stark, and doesn't have pointy ears to make him look taller in a suit.

what the hell gives you that idea? He's a nutty scientologist with the best PR people money can buy. Do your best not to buy into the hype. There's nothing that great about him.

25. Hunter Rider Ronin

Well we will have to agree to disagree as the whole scientology thing is his own personal choice and as for Buying into the hype I think not, his reputation amongst fellow actors and fans in general is undeniable,He has proven he's genuine with his action not with hype or pr ppl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.