IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Discussion in 'Iron Man' started by Majin Boo, Sep 16, 2004.

?

Who do you want as Iron Man

1. Kiefer Sutherland

2. Collin Farrel

3. Dylan Mcdermot

4. Brad Pitt

5. Billy Cudrup

6. Johnny Depp

7. Leonardo Dicaprio

8. Matt Damon

9. Rob Lowe

10. Ewan Mgregor

11. Tad Hamilton

12. John Stamos

13. Kiefer Sutherland

14. Collin Farrel

15. Dylan Mcdermot

16. Brad Pitt

17. Billy Cudrup

18. Johnny Depp

19. Leonardo Dicaprio

20. Matt Damon

21. Rob Lowe

22. Ewan Mgregor

23. Tad Hamilton

24. John Stamos

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Techno Bat Registered

[​IMG]

Is this the Victor Webster your talking about?

2. GammaMike Registered

Stuart Toensend is a good suggestion, Victor Webster is the electricity dude from Mutant X right? If so he'd be ok.

3. eris discordia

Pierce Brosnan

4. Kingfish Sick Boy

kiefer sutherland

[​IMG]

5. Strange Registered

For Tony Stark I like, Dominic West. He played Ash in the new movie The Forgotten. He played a drunk ex-hockey player and when I saw that I thought of Tony Stark.

[​IMG]

6. Master Kenobi Jedi in Exile

Thanks GammaMike!

7. Nightwing: Endgame Registered

Stuart Townsand isnt a bad choice @ all actually. Good call man.

Dylan McDermott would be a good choice 2 and he's got the look down already...
    hes not 2 busy of an actor and he wouldnt cost a ton. Hope AVI sees that...lol :D

8. Crimson Dynamo Registered

Okay, I'll start this thing with the latest news, taken from IGN:

"Exclusive Iron Man Update
    The status of Shellhead's movie!

October 21, 2004 - IGN FilmForce has learned that screenwriter David Hayter's latest draft of Iron Man has won over New Line Cinema and the studio is immediately going out with it to directors who can get the film up and running by early 2005!

Sources advised IGNFF that this draft of Iron Man is very Tom Clancy-esque in tone and involves the conflict between Tony Stark and his father Howard over Stark Industries. The Armored Avenger's origin has been updated from the Vietnam back story used in the comics.

Actors like Tom Cruise and Nicolas Cage have been mentioned for the project over the years but with Cruise now busy doing War of the Worlds and Cage prepping for Ghost Rider, New Line has several other movie stars in mind.

Iron Man is produced by Avi Arad and Kevin Feige of Marvel Studios, who are currently on the set of Fantastic Four in Vancouver, and Don Murphy of Angryfilms, who is also busy with DreamWorks/Paramount's live-action feature version of The Transformers, which is slated for a summer 2006 release."

Okay, so they're obviously going for a real-world feel for this movie.
    Does this mean we can rule out more outlandish super-villains such as M.O.D.O.K and Titanium Man?

9. tamron Registered

Now that Iron Man's script has been given the go ahead by New Line, it's time to stump for our casting choices. We all know they coe to the Hype from time to time, so hopefully someone's listening.

I think Dylan McDermott is the man for Iron Man. I think he's got the look, he can play a troubled character, and he is recognized as a solid actor, having been nominated for an Emmy, and winning a Golden Globe for his work on "The Practice." Really, he's been a star in the making for a while, he's just needs that break out movie role, like Bobby Donell on "The Practice" gave him on TV. To me, he's the best guy out there.

I don't know if Jim Rhodes is in this reworked Iron Man origin story, but if he is, Michael Jai White needs to play him. He looks just like Rhodey as he is drawn in the comics, especially Scott Benson's intrepretation in the War Machine solo series. He's not the greatest actor, I'll admit, but I think he's solid, and can pull this off well. While I'll admit that there are a lot of black actors who could nail the role (Jason George, Omar Gooding and Mehki Phifer, just to name a few), I'd really like to see MJW in the role, and get a few fighting scenes to bust some heads.

As you can see, my sig is now dedicated to these casts, and anyone who's with me, feel free to do the same. Supes have Caviezelians and Bailey Boosters, lets be the McDermott Mob!

10. Crimson Dynamo Registered

Aaaw, man, I just started a new thread for this stuff..

11. TheVileOne Registered

The problem with this is that White is a bad actor :) .

And keep Dylan McDermot away from Iron man!

12. Crimson Dynamo Registered

If only!

13. Crimson Dynamo Registered

Okay, well as it's looking like my number one choice for Stark (Cruise) is looking less and less likely, I'm going to have to find a back-up. My current thinking is Ethan Hawke.
    Now, Hawke is a good a good actor..I think he proved that in Training Day. My main issue with him is that I worry he may not have enough 'screen presence'.

14. Ironfan72 Golden Avenger

Thanks Crimson for starting a Iron Man thread,I am looking forward to this movie big time.
    I agree that Tom Cruise looks to be less likely that he will star,due to his schedule,I like Ethan Hawk,another possible actor could be Clive Owen or Dylan McDermett,both would be great,even James Caviezel would be great since he didn't get the role of superman.
    I am very interested in seeing who will direct the film and who may be some of the other actors who will play charactors like Jim Rhodes,Howard Stark among others.
    I look forward to this thread becoming the official thread for Iron Man.

15. Ironfan72 Golden Avenger

I like Michael Jai White,he would be a great Jim Rhodes,I would have to guess Rhodes will be in the movie,he has always been a major charactor in the book and would be a injustice if he isn't in the film.
    As for who should play Stark,that's tough, everyone has great ideas for who should star,I would have liked Tom Cruise but it's ovious that he's to busy. Dylan McDermott might do a good job,so would Johnny Depp would be good,others like Ethan Hawk or Clive Owen should get seriuos consideration,IMO.

16. Crimson Dynamo Registered

James Caviezel would be a good choice. He'd certainly bring a bit of much needed gravity to the role. Not so sure about Clive Owen though.
    As for James Rhodes..some people have mentioned Jamie Foxx as a good candidate for the role, but whether or not he's even IN the film is uncertain.

17. Crimson Dynamo Registered

What about Johnny Depp?
    (Personally I think he's a little "vunerable" looking for the role, but it could be argued that that is exactly what is required to bring Stark to life).

18. Crimson Dynamo Registered

He certainly looks the part. I haven't seen him in action though - is he a good actor?
    And where did you get those manips from?

19. Crimson Dynamo Registered

Michael Duncan Clark (?) is gonna need a BIG suit of armour if he's gonna play Rhodey!
    I don't believe they'll introduce the War Machine Armour in the first film to be honest. If they do I imagine it'll be an easter-egg or something along those lines. Rhodes should still make an appearance though.
    As for Stark himself: I'm not sure who I'd want in the armour at this stage. I really wanted Cruise, but may have to settle for someone else.
    I'm open to ideas.
    Who d'you think the main villain should be?

20. MJB Registered

Tom Cruise as IM/Stark, and jamie foxx as Jim Rhodes.

21. Son_of_Kalibak Registered

My father said it before his posts mysteriously disappeared, and I'll agree. Michael Dorn would be better for Jim Rhodes than Michael Jai White.

I like Jai White, but he was Spawn and he'll probably play Spawn again, if they ever get a sequel off of the ground.

Hi RajunCajun!!!
    Apologize to anyone lately?;)

22. Son_of_Kalibak Registered

The Mandarin with Ultimo. That would be pretty cool.

23. 3dman27 super-hero wannabe

i like the mock ad for iron man very good

24. Seth71 Registered

MarvelMovies, I totaly dig what you're saying about stark having a draker complexion. He always stiked me as a latino type of guy. His mother's name is maria, so maybe he is of latino background. I just hope they don't cast a blond guy and don't make him at least dye his hair balc, like they did with Val Kilmer in batman Forever. When the heck has Bruce Wayne been blond? Stark definetely must have BLACK hair, not even dark brown like Bale is getting away with. BLACK hair for Stark. I mean, how easy is it to dye a hair? Like Reeve did for Superman. I ahve no idea why their let the Batmen get away with it. It's like have left Alba's hair black on FF or make a Wonder Woman movie with a blod actress. Well, I guess I'm getting off topic here. But as I said, for me Stark was alyways a tanned dude with a Zorro type of mustache.

25. Seth71 Registered

Tom Cruise will not be IM. Time to get over it I guess. It's obvious he will not. It looks like the Tom Welling people trying to push him for Supes when everybody knew he wouldn't get the part. Well, I guess one can still dream if one wants to be unrealistic. But Cruise is not my first pick anyway. Too old, too short, too big a star and can't be anybody else but himself in every movie he makes. Just my opinion of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.