Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this Zorro you posted has his mustache a bit too thin, but that's the basic idea. :D

You guys know the first Latino to actually play Zorro was Antonio Banderas?

Give me Tom Cruise and I'd be satisfied.:o

It's great to see New Line give the go ahead on the script,that's very good news,now comes the question who will direct the film, David Fincher would be a good fit,IMO.
I am also looking forward to seeing what the producers decide on what the armor will look like, I am hoping for a tradional looking armor with Gold and Red color scheme, hopefully they will hire Stan Winston or ILM to design the armor.
As for the discussion on who should star,as much as I would have liked Tom Cruise,it's highly unlikely he will have the time,one guy I thought who could do it Julian McMahon (pardon the spelling), is doing F4 as Dr.Doom,so he's out. I like Dylen McDermett,but would he be able to carry a movie by himself,he looks like Stark and he's a very talented actor,time will tell.

Dylan McDermott is a very talented actor and looks like Stark,it would be a great vehicle for him to launch his movie career,but would New Line take a chance on a TV actor for what New Line has said will be their next franchise following in the footsteps of Blade (the franchise that started the Marvel stampede),that's the question.
Michael Jai White would be excellent as Jim Rhodes and I would be very happy to see him sign on.

Tom Clancy wrote the books Sum of all Fears,Ops Center,Patroit Games,Hunt for Red October. His books revolve around (and correct me if I'm wrong)esponiage,black ops,spies,etc.

Gambit_Fan said:
Amen to that but i think he will be too busy

Agreed,Tom Cruise would be great,but he's got alot of films to do in the next several years,he's not going to have time to do Iron Man,although it is Hollywood,you never know.

TheVileOne said:
You guys know the first Latino to actually play Zorro was Antonio Banderas?

Off course. It was the first Zorro movie in ages. In the racist Hollywood from the 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and even 80's a latino would never get a shot in playing a, well, latino supehero. Just sick.

Do any of you think Johnny could make a good Tony Stark?
Johnny Depp
johnny_depp_13.jpg

Kmackintrush said:
Do any of you think Johnny could make a good Tony Stark?
Johnny Depp
johnny_depp_13.jpg

Johnny could pull it off, but his script tastes are notoriously quirky. His roles lately have been kind of a surprise, b/c he usually doesn't pick blockbusters like "Once Upon A Time In Mexico," and shys away from franchises, but has agreed to a "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel. If they got Depp, I wouldn't be mad at all, but he's a tricky one. I think McDermott is the man for Iron Man, though!

high316 said:
Can You Dig It
SSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!:unishr:
Highly unnecessary.:o

There are only three choices for Tony Stark / Iron Man as I see it.

1. John Stamos - Yes, that John Stamos. He wouldn't suck the project's budget away, he is a damn fine actor, and he looks so much like Stark it is not even funny. Recently, he took over for Antonio Banderas in a Broadway production, so that says something about the "Latino look" you all want.

336184.jpg

stamos.jpg

2. Billy Zane Billy Zane is great in the suave rich guy roles. Just make him grow some hair or slap a wig on him, grow the stache, and you have a great Stark right there. I saw a manip of his as Tony Stark and its stuck with me as I still bring him up for the part.

billy_zane.jpg

BillyZaneFashion%201.jpg

3. John Cusack John Cusack is one of the most underappreciated actors out there. He has performed well in a variety of roles. He could bring underlying pain to Stark while still being the ladies' man that we all know and love.

cusack-john-photo-john-cusack-6205245.jpg

John_Cusack_Cusack_John_Bild_1_Foto_Hochglanz_k.jpg

There are other actors that could do Tony Stark justice. Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo), Johnny Depp (Blow), Dylan McDermott (Runaway Jury), Mark Wahlberg (I Heart Huckabees), and even Jim Carrey (The Majestic) come to mind.

high316 said:
You right,please forget me dude,I'm so excited about IRON MAN movie news.
That was a big mistake from me,I'm sorry dude.:)
I know you were kidding and I was too.:) BTW I'm not a "dude";)

As far as the supporting cast goes . . .

Howard Stark, Tony's father, is supposed to have a vital role. Having just watched King of New York, I can't help but think Christopher Walken for the part. He's a great actor who has drawing power.
walken.jpg

Obadiah Stane has been rumored to be vital as Stark's corporate opposition. For the villainous CEO, I'd cast Clive Owen. He's one bad place of an actor who can be downright villainous.
heropreg.jpg

Happy Hogan is Stark's friend and confidant. For the comic relief, I'd cast one of two people. If you want a star, get Scott Caan. He's great at comedy and drama and really looks the part.
scott_caan_1.jpg

If you want a smaller actor who can also be great for comic relief, hit up Jeff Anderson. He's been nominated for an Independent Spirit Award thanks to his role of Randal in Clerks.
jeff.jpg

Pepper Potts-Hogan is another of Stark's friends who works for Stark Industries. It isn't a big role, but it can be important for Stark to have true friends in the midst of his business dealings. Kadee Strickland is the beautiful star of Anacondas who is not very well known, so she'd be cheap to get.
5136f9f766.jpg

Finally comes Jim Rhodes. There are a lot of great actors who could take the role. I lean toward Boomtown's Mykelti Williamson. He's a good actor who is big enough (6'1) to intimidate.
Mykelti%20headshot1_small.jpg

I'd like to see Burton direct the film if they go with the gray suit. I seriously want to see him direct another superhero movie and this would be a great one. As for actors, Johnny Depp is actually a great choice if they could get him. He and facial hair go together like bread and butter. There's plenty of guys who can play Stark, you can go from Clooney to Zane(couldn't think of any actors with "a" for a last name.) Just as long as they don't go with an unkown.

Brian2887 said:
There are only three choices for Tony Stark / Iron Man as I see it.

1. John Stamos - Yes, that John Stamos. He wouldn't suck the project's budget away, he is a damn fine actor, and he looks so much like Stark it is not even funny. Recently, he took over for Antonio Banderas in a Broadway production, so that says something about the "Latino look" you all want.

336184.jpg

stamos.jpg

2. Billy Zane Billy Zane is great in the suave rich guy roles. Just make him grow some hair or slap a wig on him, grow the stache, and you have a great Stark right there. I saw a manip of his as Tony Stark and its stuck with me as I still bring him up for the part.

billy_zane.jpg

BillyZaneFashion%201.jpg

3. John Cusack John Cusack is one of the most underappreciated actors out there. He has performed well in a variety of roles. He could bring underlying pain to Stark while still being the ladies' man that we all know and love.

cusack-john-photo-john-cusack-6205245.jpg

John_Cusack_Cusack_John_Bild_1_Foto_Hochglanz_k.jpg

There are other actors that could do Tony Stark justice. Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo), Johnny Depp (Blow), Dylan McDermott (Runaway Jury), Mark Wahlberg (I Heart Huckabees), and even Jim Carrey (The Majestic) come to mind.

what about Tom Cruise

Kmackintrush said:
Who is TOM CLANCY?!?
mr clancy is the author of the NETFORCE a series of novels about a federal agency with jurisdiction over computer crimes as noted before his specialty is black ops and espioage novels

Seth71 said:
Tom Cruise IS out of question. He can't do it.

Yeah. He's got War of the Worlds, M:I 3, and something else all going on at once. I'd say Depp's out too just because Pirates of the Caribbean sequels will be filming back to back next year.

Just a though about who could direct this. How about Nicholas Meyers? He's has a talent for science fiction. So I could see it working. What does everyone else think of this idea?

I agree cb48026. Meyers was the director of the 2 best Star Trek movies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"