Iron Man IRONMAN Casting Thread [merged-15]

Discussion in 'Iron Man' started by Majin Boo, Sep 16, 2004.

?

Who do you want as Iron Man

1. Kiefer Sutherland

2. Collin Farrel

3. Dylan Mcdermot

4. Brad Pitt

5. Billy Cudrup

6. Johnny Depp

7. Leonardo Dicaprio

8. Matt Damon

9. Rob Lowe

10. Ewan Mgregor

11. Tad Hamilton

12. John Stamos

13. Kiefer Sutherland

14. Collin Farrel

15. Dylan Mcdermot

16. Brad Pitt

17. Billy Cudrup

18. Johnny Depp

19. Leonardo Dicaprio

20. Matt Damon

21. Rob Lowe

22. Ewan Mgregor

23. Tad Hamilton

24. John Stamos

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rizor Registered

My top choice is Cruise (it has been since those rumors many years ago). But I'd easily go for Depp. :)

2. bperlow Registered

How about Luke Wilson?
    Just shooting out some ideas

3. MJB Registered

Tom cruise: He's my top pic, and i hope he does it. Cruise has the power to hault MI3 and do IM first. Just not sure he's going to do it.

Johnny Depp:Good actor, and he would do stark proud. I doubt that NL will snag him.

Billy Crudup: Looks great and can act, but will NL invest the money needed on an actor who's unproven box office wise. Heck crudup isn't even that popular as a supporting actor. I like though.

Stuart Townsend:He has the look, and he's a good enough actor, but like Crudup he not extremely popular.

Colin farrell: Not bad, and a good actor, but he's already been bulleye. I could live with him though, but don't know how a studio will view him since he was the lead in a 160 million flick that flopped.

Dylan McDermott: I'd love to see him as Stark, he's a talented actor, but i doubt the studio will take a gamble with him.

john Stamos: Dear Lord no comment

Guy Pierce: No

Rob Lowe:???????? Don't see this guy as a box office draw. i don't know, he's always been a mediocre actor to me.

Matt Damon: didn't mean to put him this far low, but he's a good actor, and yeah i'd take him as Stark

Leo: good actor, and I have no problem with him as Stark. He actually is a decent enough box office draw.

Keifer Suderland:???? good actor, but just to blond , and looks nothing like Stark, but acting wise he could pull it off. Not my first choice.

Brad Pitt: Captain America or Thor would be better to me then stark

Luke wilson: don't see this happening, although anythings possiable.

Ewan Mcgregor: Noooooo.

Dominic West:The guy from forgotten??? i don't know, maybe he could do it. He's at the bottom on my list.

I think that whoever is chosen as Stark needs to be name reconizable.

4. reflect4ever Mutant God

I'm new in here but one thing I've been saying to friends is that Tom Cruise has the age, the acting ability, and the look to be Iron Man/Tony Starks. Smack a black caterpillar on his upper lip and its the comic book come to life. What thinks Marvel fans?

5. Morg Super Moderator

*goes off to kill Tom Cruise*

6. tamron Registered

Points taken, the problem is Cruise has films lined up, and will not be available to shoot IM in the times frame Marvel would like to. Marvel has chosen to continue the project without him.

Personally, his minus equal his benefits. He insures a good budget, box office, and media presence, but he'd also want control, and could cause schedule problems if they want a sequel. A semi-known actor like a Dylan McDermott ;) would be easy to lock in for sequel, be cheaper, and still fit the role.

7. Hunter Rider Ronin

Tom's unfortunately out of the running unless he postpones MI3.......as for mcdermot he isn't famous enough as IM isn't as well known as other marvel characters and i think they need a big star to get ppl interested,I would choose either kiefer sutherland,jim caviezel,brad pitt or Johnny depp.

8. reflect4ever Mutant God

Thanks for eveyone's input. Keep it coming.

9. Sava Dont cry, my dear

jim caviezel should be IM, the guy would be good

10. Kmack Cheers!

My vote goes for Tom:up:

11. Darth Rockwell Avengers Assemble

Depp would be good. I'd go for that.

12. LordSimen Registered

Tom definatly gets my vote. =)

13. Ironman24 Golden Avenger

I like Tom Cruise for the role,but barring a major miracle,Tom Cruise won't be in it,due to his very busy schedule. Marvel looks to be filming in late January early Febuary,and Cruise is still working on War of the Worlds then MI:3.
    Marvel has said they will court a major Hollywood actor,but no hints on who.

14. Kmack Cheers!

If not Tom hopefully Jude or Depp....

15. jaydawg Registered

I am so ****ing sick of hear Jude for this hero, Jude for this villain.... he's not even that good of an actor.

16. reflect4ever Mutant God

I would definitely agree with Depp if Cruise can't do it. I love Depp as an actor. He has proven such an incredible range. Surely he would get into character for this one.

17. BT18 Registered

I used to not think Tom had the right look to play Iron Man, although I did find one rendering of Tony Stark that looked just like him. But he certainly does NOT have the ideal age or height. I highly doubt that Iron Man was already 43 when his comic tales started. I assume he's a contemporary of Reed Richards which means he should be about 30-ish as the ideal for this movie, and then he'll still be in his 30's for the sequels and what not. Although one of my choices is also almost as old, Johnny Depp (one big reason why it would be great is that Depp starred in Cassevtes' previous movie "Blow"). However I haven't put as much thought into it as I should. It's probably going to be someone on the hollywood A or B list though, which counts out Dylan McDermott as suggested above. He's also too old to cast when he brings not that much else to the table.

18. BT18 Registered

But I can't emphasize enough how wrong I think a 5 and a half foot Tony Stark would look.

19. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Cruise is stark period.

20. Morg Super Moderator

21. Hunter Rider Ronin

is too:p .truthfully though him and depp are out of the running.who do you want morg ?

22. Morg Super Moderator

Neither, do you really want a high price actor that will jake up the movie cost when it will be expensive enough with the special effects?

23. Hunter Rider Ronin

i take your point but i think IM will need a big star to give it the promotional push as he's not as famous as some of the other marvel characters.....I think some one like sutherland or cavieziel would be well known enough without costing to much

24. Phatman Creative Crumudgeon

I think David James Elliott (JAG) would make a decent tony. He's got the height 6'4" the look, and he's played a similar part on TV. Reviewing the screenplay You could get Tom Selleck (He could have played Tony inthe 80's ) to play Tony's dad.
    Other casting notes:
    Jamie Foxx as Rhodey-
    Ashley Judd as Bethany Cabe
    Peter Cushing as Justin Hammer- Micheline and Layton Both say he inspired Hammer so why not cast him?
    David hasselhoff as Nick Fury (can't have a Clancy style story without THE spy.)
    Chow yun Fat as the Mandarin (I really don't like him, but he's a core IM villian.)
    I really want Donald P. Bellasario to produceand direct Iron Man. This project is perfect for him. His experiences with Magnum P.I. and Jag make him a natural for developing Iron man's political and corporate stories.

25. tamron Registered

I'm sick of people saying Iron Man needs a star. Is this a movie or a popularity contest? You need a guy that can fit the role. That's what you need. IM is gonna need all the money it has for CG and effects, don't dump it all in the lead, when you can get a good actor who can fit the role for cheaper, and lock them up for a franchise quicker. One actor can't save the film by himself. If the script sucks, if the the director lags, the film will bomb, no matter who is in the armor.

Depp, he's great, I'd have no problem with him. But will he like the script? Will he sign on for sequels? Johnny is picky, most stars are.

Personally, I think all of us may be stumping for actors that are too old, not for comic book Stark, but for movie Stark. We all know the story is about a father/son dynamic, so we honestly don't know what age this Tony is. I get the feeling they are going to make Tony like 20-ish instead of an older adult, to make his playboy ways merely a part of his growing up, rather than of part of who he is. If my hunch is right, I could see a guy like Victor Webster for the part. But if they go with an older Tony, well, my choice is no secret.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.