Is a 170 pounds for a 5' 7" male fat?

No thats deff NOT fat, i think 160 is deemed "normal" but 5'7 and 170 is in NO way "fat"

all depends on what doctor you talk to. I've seen a 30lbs difference between what is the "healthy" weight for a person's height depending on who I've been to.

Depends, my good friend is 5'7 190 and isnt fat at ALL. I have another buddy whos 5'9' 180 whos a bit chubby. Have to give more details as to whether you work out and such.

it depends on the frame, bmi, and posture

No, i disagree with the rest, 5'7 and 170, no matter how you slice it, is not fat. Regardless of frame, or posture. You can not be "fat" at that height and that weight. Period.

I'm 6' and once I went down to 165 lbs. I also looked sickly ill (probably because I was at the time).

That sounds like a pretty normal weight for that height, but again it depends on their frame.

BMI says that it's overweight. And it does sound fat to me.

I'm roughly about the same height and weight and I don't see myself fat although I do have a slight gut and double chin but my arms and legs are what you might consider thin.

I'm roughly about the same height and weight and I don't see myself fat although I do have a slight gut and double chin but my arms and legs are what you might consider thin.

Its hard to say you are thin AND have a gut and double chin.

Most Americans are fat. Even what most Americans think is "normal" is fat to many people outside the US.

I'm American btw, just something i've noticed.

170 is morbidly obese. Tell your "friend" to develop an eating disorder. Bulimia is easy but bad for your teeth. I'd crash diet and get no sleep whatsoever. It's healthy, I'm a doctor.

if your friend is healthy at 170 lbs then he's not fat... I weigh about the same but I'm 5'11

Most Americans are fat. Even what most Americans think is "normal" is fat to many people outside the US.

This is true from what I've seen as well.

hard to tell just by a number....
your actually weight doesn't matter as much as, how you carry it, muscle to fat ratio,...ect

I am only like 5'9" myself, an about 200 pounds....

Last edited:

Some people are just built very oddly. My boss is not fat but he has a belly from when he used to drink himself stupid. Can't get rid of it, but he's thin-to-normal everywhere else.

I'm Chinese, so everyone will tell you you're fat until you're on death's door from starvation. :funny: I finally had a relative tell me I was frighteningly thin when I was teetering under 100lbs (I'm 5'5") after getting the stomach flu and not being able to eat anything but apples for a month. :oldrazz:

170lbs at 5'7" could be chubby depending if there's muscle or lack thereof. But I wouldn't consider it fat.

Unless he's got a lot of muscle mass then yes. I speak this from personal experience, as someone who is 5' 8" and has been that weight before. It's not outright obese, but there's going to be a bulging / floppy belly and saggy butt cheeks going on.

i'm 5'5, 175 lbs and i'm definitely not FAT. i guess i could be considered chubby by fitness/health freaks, but i look pretty normal.

i'm 5'5, 175 lbs and i'm definitely not FAT. i guess i could be considered chubby by fitness/health freaks, but i look pretty normal.

Gonna say the same. I could lean up a bit; but the way I'm built I'm more muscle than I am fat, even without working out.

However, being this short does have a sharper curve. If I gain five to ten pounds, then it really shows.

170 and a 5'7" frame looks like one doesn't miss any meals, yet isn't terribly over weight.

I have absolutely no idea what 170lbs looks like on a man, now that I think about it lol

170 lbs is considered overweight for a male who is 5'7. BMI is like 26.6 when healthy is considered 18-24.

don't feel bad spoons, i'm having a hard time picture what 5'7 looks like as a man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"