Is anyone else getting a bad feeling?

YES,

OK, Although I'm still hoping this movie will be good. Thier are things that concern me greatly. The running time 1Hr and 37 min. This just does'nt seem right for a movie that's suppose to be epic, with all that's going on the movie should be longer IMO. The marjority of clips that I've seen, give me the feeling that the pacing of this film will be off. I think one thing that made X1 good, even though it was short was the pacing of the film. Now this concerns me the most Cyclops's death:eek: , with Novels and Various sources comfirming his death it seems to be true. I've been thinking that he will come back at the end in the final battle, but it does'nt seem to be the case. I just dont see how you can miss the Oppurtunity to use a character Who fits perfectly into the Story-line, regardless of how much time Marsden had on set. I fell like if they wanted him in the final battle who should and would of been there. I have'nt seen the movie so I cant judge anything based on what i've seen from clips and trailers. Hopefully this movie will still Be a Good film even with it's flaws.

Ok ill go with another post, are you seriously not going to watch the movie just becuz of so called true rumors? Or if Cyclops does die? Dont get me wrong i remember the days of X-Factor, and im not talking about back issues, i mean waiting for the new issue to come out. Cyke was always the true leader of X-men, but am i gonna knock the movie for not following it? I dont think so. I watch both X-men DVD's religiously right now, i dont complain that Wolverine has been the main focus of all of them. Its natural he is the most easy character to base a movie off of. Yes Fox could do alot better job with the Xmen but i think they hav done a great job with them so far. Can you seriously say back when you watched X1 that you would of even thought there would be another? Let alone twisting the whole trilogy into the Pheonix Saga, one of the best the comics ever had?

freshandclean said:
I really only want longer films when they're movies I plan on seeing vs. movies that I go to see spur of the moment or just because. And X-Men is my most anticipated movie this year.

yea true, and the fact that its the last stand, i just want it to last longer ya know.....i mean i highly highly doubt we will ever see these characters together on screen again*Actors i mean* and it breaks mey heart.... i just want it to last longer... thats all *cries a little*

Spidey 2007 said:
yea true, and the fact that its the last stand, i just want it to last longer ya know.....i mean i highly highly doubt we will ever see these characters together on screen again*Actors i mean* and it breaks mey heart.... i just want it to last longer... thats all *cries a little*
Me too a little. Although I wish it were longer(and would sit through a 3 hour movie) I am just glad we are getting one. And I am sure there will be a 4th movie so don't get your hopes totally down.

Spidey 2007 said:

Well I'm sure they'll all be in Superman Returns 2...

runtime better be 1h 36min 59 seconds without credits... lets milk it for w/e it's worth

tclark10 said:
Ok ill go with another post, are you seriously not going to watch the movie just becuz of so called true rumors? Or if Cyclops does die? Dont get me wrong i remember the days of X-Factor, and im not talking about back issues, i mean waiting for the new issue to come out. Cyke was always the true leader of X-men, but am i gonna knock the movie for not following it? I dont think so. I watch both X-men DVD's religiously right now, i dont complain that Wolverine has been the main focus of all of them. Its natural he is the most easy character to base a movie off of. Yes Fox could do alot better job with the Xmen but i think they hav done a great job with them so far. Can you seriously say back when you watched X1 that you would of even thought there would be another? Let alone twisting the whole trilogy into the Pheonix Saga, one of the best the comics ever had?

Well, I'm not one of those who is going to boycott this movie, and I never said I wouldn't see it. I'll be there for the midnight showing. Save for the recent rumors that Cyclops really does die, everything I have seen thus far points towards this being the best installment of the franchise.

My plan is still to se this movie 5 times over opening weekend alone.

I never had a problem with Wolverine being the major focus, because of the fact that he's always been the major focus, at least a very good percentage of the time. He may not be the poster boy of that the X-Men stand for, but he is the most notable, recognizable, iconic character of the X-Men. So I've no problem with him being the head guy.

What I do have a problem with is not remaining faithful to the essence of the source material. I'm not happy with Cyclops dying, and Wolverine essentially getting his role. It's not a matter of screentime. I could deal with 5 minutes of screentime, because Cyclops leaves the team because he's too grief striken. At least that would have some basis for it in the source material. And if Marsden had such limited availability that he couldn't have a big role, that's what should have happened. Not killing him off.

I'll see this movie in theatres. And I'll probably enjoy the hell out of it. If Cyclops does die, it will severely hamper my outlook on the movie, and the franchise. But I'm 100% positive that otherwise, this will be a movie that I enjoy. I will buy it on DVD. And I'm sure that I'll be watching all 3 movies straight through in one sitting the day it comes out on DVD. I'm a supporter of this movie 100%.

That doesn't mean I'm happy about certain "creative" decisions though.

This whole arguement becomes moot if Cyclops lives, however. If he does indeed survive, this will be my favorite of the 3.

chaseter said:
And neither do you. Stop your whining. People that complain and whine 24/7 need to stop and realize they are getting another X-Men movie in the first place. Be happy with what you get.

Stop whining about other people's whining.

The Guard said:
I seriously doubt this is the "last stand".

well it definatly is for now. it doesnt make sense to have an x4 a part of this trilogy when this is indeed the last stand.

FieryBalrog said:
Stop whining about other people's whining.
Stop whining about me whining about other people's whining.

nah ill delete it, lol its yur comeback,, lol edit your post above this one then ill edit this, lol.

JustABill said:
Wait. There's no Phoenix flames? Who said this? Where is this?

No, it's not an official confirmation or anything . . . there just aren't any featured in the new clip, which is what brought up the whole notion in the first place . . . I'm sure there will be Phoenix flames--they would be complete morons to not include them.

The short running time only bothers me because of all the great looking spots and photos that have been spoiling all of us. I was hoping for a longer running time because Ratner seems to know what fans are looking for (Sentinels, Iced up Ice Man, Juggs, Phoenix, a flying Storm, fastball special, and if only he gives us a powered up Rogue, i'll be happy). I can see why they would leave Gambit out with only the 100 minute running time.

well it definatly is for now. it doesnt make sense to have an x4 a part of this trilogy when this is indeed the last stand.

The end of the movie obviously leaves the franchise open to sequel possibilities. Clearly sets up a way the school and the concept can go on.

BMM said:
No, it's not an official confirmation or anything . . . there just aren't any featured in the new clip, which is what brought up the whole notion in the first place . . . I'm sure there will be Phoenix flames--they would be complete morons to not include them.

Actually a guy two days ago on IMDB said he saw the film and liked it and blah blah blah. I usually don't believe that, but this guy called everything. Everything he said has been right, and he even called the extra scene.

He also said Phoenix's power were cool, but there were no flame effect or 'fire bird'.

We shall see May 26th. :(

freshandclean said:
That's kind of sad...

Sad but true...I do this atleast once every year for major summer movies...I wake up, check the boards look for a new clip or interview...go to work come home...repeat...all the way to release day...but only within a month of its release...never like this 6months ahead...hell no, that would be sad...anyway I was like this last year for ROTS, and in '04 for Spiderman 2...'03 for X2...and on and on...never usually more than one movie though...but there is a life outside of all of this...its merely an escapist's way to have fun and hobby that I don't just call my own, but rather...share it with the rest of you here...sad to who?

Yeah, I'm getting nervous, too. The 7-minute preview last night was good, but I wasn't spellbound. I'm worried that the movie just won't live up to the hype. I'm not sure if the new director is to blame, if it's the plot, the characters, or what.

I also really want to like the movie but am afraid I will be disappointed.

If you have to blame anyone, blame the studio

There was a "fire"bird Phoenix effect at the end of X2, so how is it they're not using it?? That's really lazy of them, maybe they're saving it for the final release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"