BvS Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

I'd love to see Wonder Woman and Superman beating the **** out of each other.

Batman... I'm not sure how they would make him fight Supes. Something in the lines of Dark Knight Returns? I don't know... but I'm interested to see what will be Bruce's thought process in this film.

Someone posted a scene in the write-your-own scene thread that I thought was great-it started with Superman being confronted in a room with kryptonian atmosphere by Deathstroke, who promptly beats the crap out of Superman. Than batarangs come in and Batman saves Superman. That I like better than the cliche "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but let's fight! "

I threw a Zod through a wall
To stop him destroyin' it all
You watched the news as he fell
And now you're in my way
I'd trade my ship for a wish
To rebuild Metropolis
I wasn't looking for this
And now you're in my way

Your fist was hittin'
Kryptonite laced armor fittin'
Gotham night, wind was blowin'
Who do you think you're fighting Batman?

Hey, I just met you and this is crazy
But here's my number, so fight me maybe
It's hard to win against you Batman
Hey I just met you and this is crazy
And all Lex's villains try to kill me

You took your time with the prep
I took no time with it all
You hit me with the Batmobile
And still you're in my way
I punch and kick and throw
At our first fight but I know
I can't unleash all my strength
Or I'd just blow you away

Your fist was hittin'
Kryptonite laced armor fittin'
Gotham night, wind was blowin'
Who do you think you're fighting Batman?

It's hard to hit you with my laser vision
Hey I just met you and this is crazy
And soon Doomsday will try to break me

Before you came into my life
I was the only hero
I was the only hero
I was the only only hero
I was the only hero
And you should know that
I was the only heroooo

It's not hard to look right through you Batman
And here's my number, so fight me maybe

And I already know you are Bruce Wayne
So here's my number, so fight me maybe

Lois was all I had
Lois was all I had
Lois was all I I had
Lois was all I had
And you had Diana
So fight me maybe

But why do they HAVE to fight?

''Because it's AWESOME!''

Zack-Snyder-at-the-Berlin-001.jpg

Someone posted a scene in the write-your-own scene thread that I thought was great-it started with Superman being confronted in a room with kryptonian atmosphere by Deathstroke, who promptly beats the crap out of Superman. Than batarangs come in and Batman saves Superman. That I like better than the cliche "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy, but let's fight! "

:lmao:

Who says that they are gonna fight? Maybe they team up?

5wxs.jpg

yuhz.jpg

I would like it if it's just like how it was handled in the cartoon. They sorta throw down but that's far as they get physically fighting. I mean again Superman just needs to rotate Batmans head just a little to the left.

The recent Batman/Superman comic is even better. They throw down but the motivations are different. Batman knows he can't win so he tries to distract and get the hell out of there. Superman isn't trying to kill this guy so he holds back. The point is they both underestimate each other and never both to talk to each other.

Again this is the last fight they have and so it's not a vs comic.

Isn't there a quote/scene where Batman punches Superman, and Superman says something to the effect of "Good thing I rolled with it, you would have been crippled" or something like that? I haven't read the comic in question, how would people like to see that scene?

I posted this in the "Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman thread" but maybe it belongs here:
What if everyone expects them to fight but they are buddies the whole movie instead. It could be the ultimate bromance! :hrt:

Superheroes fighting amongst themselves has never made much sense to me. It comes across as lazy and pointless fan (mis-)service.

I posted this in the "Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman thread" but maybe it belongs here:
What if everyone expects them to fight but they are buddies the whole movie instead. It could be the ultimate bromance! :hrt:

I honestly really hope that at some point they hug it out and do become bros. None of this "Batman will never truly trust him boohake"

Isn't there a quote/scene where Batman punches Superman, and Superman says something to the effect of "Good thing I rolled with it, you would have been crippled" or something like that? I haven't read the comic in question, how would people like to see that scene?

It's from Death in the Family, when Joker kills Jason Todd. I'd love to see it, but I'd rather wait until they introduce a Robin and have him killed. Makes the trust and tension between the two.

It's from Death in the Family, when Joker kills Jason Todd. I'd love to see it, but I'd rather wait until they introduce a Robin and have him killed. Makes the trust and tension between the two.

Thank you! I've heard reviews and know the basic overview of the story, but never got a chance to read it myself

I don't think they'll fight physically, but I do think one will neutralize the other to take him out of the equation during some kind of pivotal scene during the movie. It could be Batman using kryptonite, for example.

Superman and Wonder Woman should get into a physical fight and then start making out while Batman leaves and saves the day.

It's probably what would happen if Frank Miller were writing this.

I actually believe 'being awesome' is a good enough reason for something to be.

At this point in time, I trust Zack Snyder's handling of Batman more than Frank Miller's :dry:

Dude, is that 80's Frank Miller, or 2000's Frank Miller ?

80's Frank Miller would write a Batman story that people would be
talking about in 50 years time. ( IMO DKR and BM Y1 are the best
Batman stories ever, and I really liked the O'Neill Legends of the Dark Knight, and the current stuff Snyder's been doing with the Owls,
but it's never topped Miller's immortal stories from the late 80's ).

2000's Frank Miller would write a Batman that we'd spend that long trying to forget. IMO.

Now, having said that, I think that Miller could write a pretty decent Superman story. It would have been interesting to see what Superman, Wonder Woman and their daughter Lara would have done after the events of the Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Although I didn't like DKSA in general, more execution of the ideas than the ideas themselves, I liked his depiction of Superman in DKSA , as guilt-burdened and browbeaten (sort of the next logical step downwards after the conflicted Superman of Dark Knight Returns) but eventually rediscovering his inner hero, or something like that -and then kicking ass.

But yeah, the way Miller has been going, he's not the guy to bring Batman back to the screen - well not unless he rediscovers his old form. IMO.

This is what I'm talking about

DK2SuperMonster.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, is that 80's Frank Miller, or 2000's Frank Miller ?

80's Frank Miller would write a Batman story that people would be
talking about in 50 years time. ( IMO DKR and BM Y1 are the best
Batman stories ever, and I really liked the O'Neill Legends of the Dark Knight, and the current stuff Snyder's been doing with the Owls,
but it's never topped Miller's immortal stories from the late 80's ).

2000's Frank Miller would write a Batman that we'd spend that long trying to forget. IMO.

Now, having said that, I think that Miller could write a pretty decent Superman story. It would have been interesting to see what Superman, Wonder Woman and their daughter Lara would have done after the events of the Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Although I didn't like DKSA in general, more execution of the ideas than the ideas themselves, I liked his depiction of Superman in DKSA , as guilt-burdened and browbeaten (sort of the next logical step downwards after the conflicted Superman of Dark Knight Returns) but eventually rediscovering his inner hero, or something like that -and then kicking ass.

But yeah, the way Miller has been going, he's not the guy to bring Batman back to the screen - well not unless he rediscovers his old form. IMO.

The key word here is TIME. And Frank Miller of today isn't suited to the job.
asbr-03-017.jpg

80's Frank Miller Batman ranged from merely interesting to AMAZING, but was always gripping, visually arresting, and generally well-written.

And Dark Knight Returns is probably the reason many casual fans act like Batman always beats Superman. Heck, it was even quoted for the announcement of this upcoming movie.

The best fight the two had was in Lex Luthor Man of Steel.

As far as Miller goes I wish 80s Miller had have gotten a crack at Superman because he even said the Superman in TDKR was not the way he saw Superman and that he had a Superman story he wanted to tell someday. Of course now I think he'd royally F it up. I hope someone does a before Watchmen type thing with Dark Knight tbh cause I want a prequel that shows what happened and why Superman became a puppet like he was in that story but I don't want Miller anywhere near it. I'm sure there are many capable writers/artists that could do it.

As for DKSA that was an awful intepretation of Superman. I don't believe he was in that place at the end of Dark Knight. I always felt he would continue on as the hero he was before he became the presidents lacky. Also that panel pisses me off because Superman is human. He may be an alien but at his core he's as human as everyone else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"