Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Imjenn, Dec 24, 2013.

1. smallville fan

Yes he did.

To be honest, a part of me is ok and would prefer the idea of Superman beating Batman especially for those immature internet-trolling "sophisticated" Nolanite Batfans that AngryJoe calls "Too young and too dumb" in this video which is relevant to this thread.

[YT]7gjySvkabZI[/YT]

Some would even say that due to The Dark Knight Returns, Superman's popularity got damaged. I think it's time for some payback.

Besides, David Goyer even acknowledged that Batman can't beat Superman so really is there any point in doing this?

That is unless he cheats by seducing Wonder Woman to fight his battle for him.

2. shallbecomeabat

shallbecomeabat Yes, father...

I want a fight between them. A short one, to be sure, but I want a fight. Its too much fun, when handled right. Like the quick scene in Hush maybe.

3. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I love Batman. Really and truly... But I would love to see Superman just curb stomp Batman, especially if they give him every advantage possible. Cuz... That is how it would be, near perfect mind or body be damned. The only reason Batman is still living and breathing is because Superman is there to handle the threats he could never have a hope of handling. Just saying

4. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

If anything, this film should show that Batman can really hold his own against foes with super powers...but to an extent of course.

He shouldn't be portrayed as the invincible "Bat-God" that we've seen portrayed in every DC Animation up to date.

5. smallville fan

Exactly. Also, if Batman beats Superman, what sort of message does that send to more powerful enemies that not even Superman has barely beaten e.g. Darkseid? If anything, it's gonna cause more problems for the Dark Knight.

6. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Not to mention that it'll only make Batman look more popular than Superman in the eyes of the General public, which will also undoubtedly lead to people dubbing Superman as Batman's ***** as well.

7. Juha Bach

Juha Bach Well-Known Member

I want them to fight too. This movie can be used as a myth buster of some sought. Because its getting out of hand with some batman fans who think batman can beat superman when that has never happened in comic book cannon.
    I would have superman go into this battle holding back. Batman showcases his insane intellect and battle strategies that gives superman a run for his money. Superman decides that the only way the battle ends is if he goes all out.They dont have to have him stomp the **** out of batman. A speed blitz and a jab to the chest that sends Bruce flying should be enough(am assuming that batman will have a TDKR type of suit otherwise he would be liquified) to show batman just how large the difference in their strength is. You can have superman praise him for making him fight seriously even if its for short while. I think in such an instance or anything similar, neither batman or superman will be dehyped.

8. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

They'll start on shaky grounds, they'll fight and then team up towards the end and be on the road to becoming best buds.

9. sf2

sf2 Well-Known Member

I think the complaints will thru the roof if there is no fight between them.

10. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

I'd love it if Superman was being clobbered by Batman (because of either the convenient K or some conditions arranged by Batman) and Superman just threw Batman in the air like a doll..and gently caught him before he hit the ground. The exchanges can then be more verbal and pyschological afterward, since Batman knows he will never take on Supes without reason.

11. WinterAssassinR

WinterAssassinR In Brightest Day...

Zack Snyder on who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman.

[YT]2L8q7dY2MnU[/YT]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  12. TheFlamingCoco

Both Snyder and Goyer are on the record that Supes would when that fight.

13. kguillou

kguillou Well-Known Member

Man, I want Batman to go all out in this fight. I imagine Superman will be holding back and sort of be like, "Dude, seriously? What're you doing?" while Batman is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him. I want to see all of batman's gadgets in full play here.

14. TheFlamingCoco

^ Yeah. I really liked Cavill's WTH face when he got hit by those bullets. It'd be like having a rubber band snap on your skin. It doesn't hurt much, but it's a genuine surprise.

Superman should look at him like he's crazy, and only "snap" to prove a point.

15. MoeIsBetter

MoeIsBetter Active Member

I think we'll see Batman figure out Supes weakness in Kyrptonite. Batman will not get into a physical altercation with Superman, not unless he knew he had a winning hand.

16. Masone

Masone Well-Known Member

That will make him look pathetic. It would remind of this scene from Watchmen.

[YT]TmVgEdBVWOQ[/YT]

The world's smartest man poses no more of a threat to me than does its smartest termite.

Just have Batman use weapons that overloads Superman's senses, and then have his Batwing blast him through a few walls or cars, like those jets did to Nam-Ek. Then Have Superman recover and knock Batman back into a wall. That should be it. Game over. You brought your best, it effected me, I recovered, I won. You can even put in there that Batman was holding back, maybe he had a weapon(like kryptonite) that would have allowed him to win, but he didn't use it. And we know Superman would be holding back, so it establishes that they both didn't go all out like they could.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  17. TheFlamingCoco

I want a robosuit and gauntlets against Superman. BUT only against Supes. It should be smashed and broken up, revealing the true costume of Bats.

18. kguillou

kguillou Well-Known Member

I just want a scene like this:

Superman: Look, um, "Catman" or whatever you call yourself, did you really think you could beat me using those stupid toys?

Batman (badly beaten): *panting* No, I didn't. That's why I brought my woman.

Superman: Wait, your woman--?

(Wonder woman comes in and knocks supes away with a powerful kick)

Wonder Woman: First name WONDER, Blue Boy.

:woot: Yes, I know I need mental help.

19. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't envy these producers. They can't do anything bold without first considering all the ******** they have to accommodate for. I didn't appreciate it till this year. More than any other of these cbms.
    Snyder would have so much more fun on thor.

It's ok if Lex or the various other non powered or lesser powered villains superman encounters get him on the ropes but Batman of all people.
    No Beuno.

20. TheFlamingCoco

^ I think it's because it's been twenty five years and Batman is just STARTING to look like his modern comic-book counterpart. Supes too, for that matter.

And also because Marvel Studios makes mostly good movies, though the ones they don't own the rights to (Sony/Fox/) tend to be hit and miss.

Combine that with the reactionary quality of WB forming a plan, and I say, we have a right to be concerned.

21. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

22. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I hope Batman kicks Superman's ass!!!!!!!

23. TheBat812

TheBat812 Well-Known Member

24. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Earth Bound

I hope Supes throws him into the sun.

25. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Well-Known Member

Or snaps his neck. :o