BvS Is anyone else hoping they don't fight?

Batman, a street-level hero, taunting a man with the fate of the world in his hands for killing a genocidal maniac? I dunno. I guess it depends on how it's done.

Trying to demean one character in favour of abnother does not really add to your argument.

Batman, a street-level hero, taunting a man with the fate of the world in his hands for killing a genocidal maniac? I dunno. I guess it depends on how it's done.

cavav2_zps597b07d0.gif

Trying to demean one character in favour of abnother does not really add to your argument.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but as per usual, you're being more surly than necessary. "Street level" wasn't meant to be demeaning at all. Batman isn't a galactic level fighter on his own. And I think it would be in poor taste for Batman to mock Superman for making a choice from a position that batman wouldn't be in.

Yes? And? What do you consider Batman? Intergalactic hero? The world's savior? He's not. Unless he's aided by the JL or made into Bat-god. He fights on the streets of Gotham.

Last edited:
For real? He fights on the streets of Gotham unless aided by the JL. Maybe you're being sarcastic. I can't tell.

Maybe it won't be a physical battle but a legal one. They could both end up as adversaries in court, but Batman decides to represent himself and pulls out his Matt Murdock routine.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but as per usual, you're being more surly than necessary. "Street level" wasn't meant to be demeaning at all. Batman isn't a galactic level fighter on his own. And I think it would be in poor taste for Batman to mock Superman for making a choice from a position that batman wouldn't be in.

Yes? And? What do you consider Batman? Intergalactic hero? The world's savior? He's not. Unless he's aided by the JL or made into Bat-god. He fights on the streets of Gotham.

Batman, as it is, isn't known for his sensitivity to the feelings of others.

d54XW.jpg

I think Batman should initially be a less-than-likeable character who reforms near the end of BvS, and Superman should lack a sense of being fully at terms with himself. Thus, both characters have an arc.

^Well, I could get on board with him saying stuff like that if he was supposed to seem unlikable. Saying something like that would make him seem pretty hot-headed and like he didn't understand what really happened that day or what was at stake. But, I guess that could be appropriate for a batman who thought he knew better. And you're right, he isn't the most sensitive to peoples' feelings.

^ Still can't tell! Damn Caviezel is hard to read!

Bah!

tumblr_inline_mq7a1xAErb1qz4rgp.gif

I'm with the OP, I hope it doesn't com down to a mere physical fight. IMO, that would be stupid and cliche, the two heroes fight at first then come together to beat a common foe. It's been done.

I'm with the OP, I hope it doesn't com down to a mere physical fight. IMO, that would be stupid and cliche, the two heroes fight at first then come together to beat a common foe. It's been done.

Yes, yes, yes. In the MCU alone, we've had Ironman vs War Machine, Ironman vs Thor (with a late step in from Cap), Hulk vs Black Widow, Hulk vs Thor, damn near Cap vs Ironman, and Black Widow vs Hawkeye. Let DC do something different.

If there absolutely has to be a physical confrontation, I hope it's done like TAS meeting. Superman makes Batman angry, Batman judo tosses him across the room and Superman is too shocked that Batman would do it to even stop his flight. That's it.

Yes, yes, yes. In the MCU alone, we've had Ironman vs War Machine, Ironman vs Thor (with a late step in from Cap), Hulk vs Black Widow, Hulk vs Thor, damn near Cap vs Ironman, and Black Widow vs Hawkeye. Let DC do something different.

If there absolutely has to be a physical confrontation, I hope it's done like TAS meeting. Superman makes Batman angry, Batman judo tosses him across the room and Superman is too shocked that Batman would do it to even stop his flight. That's it.

Agreed. of course then you would get Superman fans who are clueless about the basic principles of Judo, complaining about how Batman shouldn't be able to do that.

Agreed. of course then you would get Superman fans who are clueless about the basic principles of Judo, complaining about how Batman shouldn't be able to do that.

Yeah I would like Batman to do something that makes Superman shocked but throwing him across the room is a wee bit much.
Perhaps if we just disappears without Superman knowing?

Throwing him across the room is a bit much... but disappearing from the guy who has super vision and super hearing isn't???

It will be very hard for them to write this fight without causing eye rolls from either Batfans or Superfans. It will surely be picked apart, which is why I was surprised when they tentatively called this movie Batman vs Superman. It's a bold and risky move.

Throwing him across the room is a bit much... but disappearing from the guy who has super vision and super hearing isn't???
Don't you know how his disappearing act works?

tumblr_ll4dorPppI1qhtihqo1_500.png

Oh, yes, it makes perfect sense for a guy who can defy the very laws of gravity and fly/levitate, bench press a jumbo jet, and move at sonic speeds to somehow fall victim to the "basic principles of Judo." :whatever:

Why? If you know and understand that the basic principles of Judo teaches one how to overcome larger and stronger opponents. Superman was simply not prepared and ready for Batman performing such a move. he was relaxed , and not being familiar with Batman's martial skills, didn't realize that putting his hand on him was a bad idea. Granted, that one throw would have been all Batman got, but having got in that one throw was perfectly believable.

Oh, yes, it makes perfect sense for a guy who can defy the very laws of gravity and fly/levitate, bench press a jumbo jet, and move at sonic speeds to somehow fall victim to the "basic principles of Judo." :whatever:

Like I said, if you understood Judo, then you'd know that's a perfectly valid concept. Superman's powers are irrelevant in this scenario, he was relaxed and unprepared for Batman's reaction to his putting his hand on Batman's arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"