BvS Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread. - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Superman movie for me is still Superman: The Movie. Even though the ending is kinda crazy. It works better as a stand alone film I suppose.

I love Superman the Movie. Its ironic too, all these years later and its still the best Superman movie.

It was one of those things they didn't want you to think too hard about. :funny:

I suspected that might have been the case, which is why I said earlier that Blue might not have turned in as good a performance if he had been hired to play MOS' interpretation of Zod instead of SV's.

Still, though, I can't help but feel like another actor (even if not Blue) could have done both. I dunno.

Oh, no question.

I understand that they wanted to portray him as very desperate, almost to the point of being slightly unhinged, but they made him look rather unintelligent in the process.

I was just all lolwut? about the business. Those Kryptonians work fast! The look on Zod's face when the towers were destroyed with the press around was priceless. :hehe: Clark was such a *****e about it.

I think if played calmer, MOS Zod would've come off better.

You know you have problems if the reaction of the henchwoman outweighs the main villain.

I only got that desperation at the end on the ship before Clark's all "Krypton had its chance! Yeeeaaaahhhhh!"

I love Superman the Movie. Its ironic too, all these years later and its still the best Superman movie.

Man of Steel tops it because of the SfX, the better Krypton scene, and the fight scenes with the Kryptoninans. Also, there was no Otis for comic relief. Some people laugh when I say that this was the best Superman film ever made, but I am not the only one saying it.

Man of Steel tops it because of the SfX, the better Krypton scene, and the fight scenes with the Kryptoninans. Also, there was no Otis for comic relief. Some people laugh when I say that this was the best Superman film ever made, but I am not the only one saying it.

I found the FX in MOS pretty average; maybe if the characters had been fleshed out more it would have made a difference but STM was a far better movie. But then being a classic (STM), I dont expect anything recent to compare to it.

I found the FX in MOS pretty average; maybe if the characters had been fleshed out more it would have made a difference but STM was a far better movie. But then being a classic (STM), I dont expect anything recent to compare to it.

That was deliberate because the producers wanted the film to appear natural to the viewer so as to aid them in suspending their disbelief. With that being said, even though you might think it was average, the liquid geo effect was very unique to film and was probably never before seen in any other motion picture.

That was deliberate because the producers wanted the film to appear natural to the viewer so as to aid them in suspending their disbelief. With that being said, even though you might think it was average, the liquid geo effect was very unique to film and was probably never before seen in any other motion picture.

One of the main criticisms I have had about Man of Steel (and the earlier Superman Returns) is that they dont really open up the Superman universe; they are too vested in trying to ground Clark Kent/Superman in reality issues, that they overlook the wider picture and dont allow the character to soar. Its why I prefer the animated adventures for anything after Superman III (which while goofy had charming moments with the addition of Lana Lang.)

I consider MOS the best superman film as well.

But...I'm really not a fan of the Reeve movies (aside from Reeve himself) and hated SR, so...it wasn't exactly hard for MOS to top those for me. Not as big a compliment as it seems coming from me.

One of the main criticisms I have had about Man of Steel (and the earlier Superman Returns) is that they dont really open up the Superman universe; they are too vested in trying to ground Clark Kent/Superman in reality issues, that they overlook the wider picture and dont allow the character to soar. Its why I prefer the animated adventures for anything after Superman III (which while goofy had charming moments with the addition of Lana Lang.)

That's what today's movie goers want to see (films that are more grounded in realism). Anything else is not well suited for summer block busters.

The title of this thread is such a downer, it's bumming me out.

But...I'm really not a fan of the Reeve movies (aside from Reeve himself) and hated SR, so...it wasn't exactly hard for MOS to top those for me. Not as big a compliment as it seems coming from me.
My thoughts too. Supe78 and MoS are the only live action films which I deem decent. The old classic and the modern reinterpretation.

That's what today's movie goers want to see (films that are more grounded in realism). Anything else is not well suited for summer block busters.

Harry Potter, The Pirate of the caribbean among others say hello.

there is place for everybody.

But i think that a superman more grounded is a good idea.

Superman, the Movie and Superman II were great films for their time, but would neve be considered block busters if they were released today. The spcial effecs are too archaic to be believed in this day and age.

Harry Potter, The Pirate of the caribbean among others say hello.

there is place for everybody.

But i think that a superman more grounded is a good idea.

I really don't get why anyone would complain MOS was too grounded in realism.

I actually thought it was the opposite of that. It was much LESS grounded in realism than I expected. It came across as epic fantasy. And in places, quite comic booky.

But that was part of my dissapointment, because the trailers and interviews had so built it up to be more in the TDK style of realism storytelling... and they didn't really deliver that.

That's a personal taste thing tho. I was really looking forward to a Superman the GA would finally take seriously like they've been able to with Batman.

Superman, the Movie and Superman II were great films for their time, but would neve be considered block busters if they were released today. The spcial effecs are too archaic to be believed in this day and age.

Even today, many people working in entertainment still cite Superman The Movie as their favorite superhero/superman movie and credit it for inspiring them. But what really made the movie such a legendary classic, was the chemistry. Its something other movies have attempted since but failed to get right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"