BvS Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snark88

Civilian
Reaction score
No i'm not trying to be edgy or go against the current here. But this movie already has two kisses of death by the names of Goyer and Snyder. You've got David Goyer who's just proven spectacularly that he can't write his way outta a paper bag, and Zack Snyder the guy who wrote Sucker Punch. I enjoyed Man of Steel, but i'll admit it did have some glaring problems in terms of it's story.

I'm sorry but these guys have not proven themselves worthy at all. If I were a studio exec, I wouldn't trust these guys with a project of this caliber.

The thing is, most studio execs don't think bout what makes good movies, they think about what's the best guarantee to make money in the short term. Man of Steel made a lot of money, so they keep the creative team.

And yeah, I'm not thrilled. Team up films are super hard, and I don't think Goyer or Snyder have the chops to make it work.

The thing is, most studio execs don't think bout what makes good movies, they think about what's the best guarantee to make money in the short term. Man of Steel made a lot of money, so they keep the creative team.

And yeah, I'm not thrilled. Team up films are super hard, and I don't think Goyer or Snyder have the chops to make it work.

It immediately sounds like they're taking it in the wrong direction, which is a Versus movie. I get that there would probably be some tension between the two during a first meeting, but having the two fight shouldn't be a main focus of the movie.

Couldn't this have been discussed in the numerous World's Finest threads splattered throughout this site? This didn't need a new thread.

I'm worried about a new Batman being shoehorned into a Superman movie. First time we see the actor in the role, a new suit, and possibly a new Gotham, in a Superman film.

This is probably not the best way to go about it.

yeah, we really don't need more threads on this. however, just to speak my mind, all we have is a title for a movie that likely doesn't have a finished script, a quote from DKR that according to Snyder doesn't say anything about the plot, and a very early logo design, and word that snyder and goyer are working on the script (and being this early on, that could change as well). I think it's far too early to be a drama queen and say you feel nothing but dread. It's much more fun to be excited, and since all we really know for certain is that we're getting a MOS sequel that Batman will have an as yet unknown level of involvement in, I see no reason to jump to conclusions, a batman/superman movie has been a long time coming, and since we've seen nil so far, even though I would've preferred another MOS solo film before this, a batman/superman movie is filled to the brim with potential, and I'm gonna choose to be happy at this point, because choosing to get upset when so little is known, is just silly.

Couldn't this have been discussed in the numerous World's Finest threads splattered throughout this site? This didn't need a new thread.

They really need to make a board for WF, because I don't know where the main discussion is taking place.

70% excitement, 30% dread. Honestly, I don't think WB will let Goyer and Snyder **** with Batman. But it's WB.

They really need to make a board for WF, because I don't know where the main discussion is taking place.

How about in Superman Sequels.... you know.... where the talk of the sequels for MoS take place at... :cwink:

How about in Superman Sequels.... you know.... where the talk of the sequels for MoS take place at... :cwink:

LOL, I keep checking there but there isn't a "main discussion" thread. It's just Batman casting and villain polls.

LOL, I keep checking there but there isn't a "main discussion" thread. It's just Batman casting and villain polls.

Everyone is hanging in the Sticky: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) right now

We just need to get the ball rolling for the new film is all :D

Well , I loved MOS and am as excited as I was for the Avengers. In fact, Only the above mentioned Avengers beats it for me as a CBM so I really really am excited.

Can't say I go in for the Goyer/Snyder hate bandwagon myself. I'd have preferred a straight up MoS2 (with maybe some DC cameos), but a Batman/Superman movie is many fanboys wet dream and I personally loved MoS.

It immediately sounds like they're taking it in the wrong direction, which is a Versus movie. I get that there would probably be some tension between the two during a first meeting, but having the two fight shouldn't be a main focus of the movie.

It won't be that way. But they will sell it that way. Doesn't make it any better.

I just hope WB let's a few more capable writers take a crack at a draft after Goyer is finished with his.

But they are saying this Batman/Superman movie IS MOS2!
It is not world's finest, it is a Superman movie with Batman in it!
And Batman is just going to be a "single element" in it.
So he will have an itty bitty part.

Didn't you get the memo? :oldrazz:

But some people are saying it's a team up movie. :funny: I probably missed something. Comic-Con was overwhelming.

Batman with an itty bitty part? :lmao:

I missed the part where the size of batman's role was made clear, as much as I think that's how it will play out (though I think batman will be a little more than an "itty bitty part") we do not have much to go on, all the conclusion jumping going on on this board is ridiculous.

I missed the part where the size of batman's role was made clear, as much as I think that's how it will play out (though I think batman will be a little more than an "itty bitty part") we do not have much to go on, all the conclusion jumping going on on this board is ridiculous.

It's happening on TA2 board as well. It's what happens when fans are hit with something unexpected. :o

I'm not upset about the inclusion of Batman, I'm just sceptical. My reaction to the announcement was mixed/neutral.

This thread is in this current position...
jump-off-cliff.jpg

Last edited:

Agreed, it should not be a versus movie. Both of them should be fighting against the overarching villain aka Lex Luthor/insert Batman villain here. On top of that there's A LOT of stuff in MOS that needs to be addressed. AngryJoe said it best here.

[YT]L43JaaWcT-M[/YT]

That said, I'm also not opposed to idea that they could portray Batman as an actual villain of the movie to Superman, who I hope will remain as the main focus as JeremyJahns said.

[YT]zrg5w6f-JEg[/YT]

I like the idea of doing something new to already familiar and milked characters like Batman. Am I not the only one who is not excited by the idea of the same old Batman we've seen in the past? Be it comics, video games and past movies?

'That said, I'm also not opposed to idea that they could portray Batman as an actual villain of the movie to Superman, who I hope will remain as the main focus as JeremyJahns said.'

A villain is a strong word. I prefer 'misinformed hero.' Like Knuckles in the old Sonic series.

Seriously, how many threads on this do we need?

^ This. I'm starting to not know my way around or where I'm posting at anymore whatsoever, lol. Anyway, I don't dread it at all. I'm actually stoked. I just hope they stay true to Supes and allow this to be HIS movie first and foremost. I'm confident about that.

Nothing but excitement on my end. Cautious excitement, but excitement never the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"