Is Batman an athiest?

There's a song that could describe Bruce Wayne's religious devotion. It's a somber song by Nick Cave titled "Into your arms". It starts something like this:

I don't believe in an interventionist God...

El Payaso said:
Such a great believers.

- Hey, man, you heard? There's another God. And it's cooler.

- Great, i'm going with that one.

Humankind never ceases to disgust me.
Does it upset you when we move on from one scientific principle to another?

It's the same principle really.

Man looks for an answer.

He finds one.

But he keeps looking. Digging for a better one.

He finds it, discards his old, now incorrect answer, and moves on.

Christianity is, I think everyone can agree, much more believable than Greek/Roman Mythology, and thusly the world as a whole discarded said Mythology.

IMO.

Thanks God that Batman is an atheist...
:confused:

CConn said:
It's the same principle really.

Man looks for an answer.

He finds one.

But he keeps looking. Digging for a better one.

He finds it, discards his old, now incorrect answer, and moves on.

And how is this scientific?

Mythology has nothing to do with science. They didn't find those answer as much as they made up those answers.

They didn't know where the thunder came from. They made up Thor. But science tells us there's no gods behind the thunder but a natural phenomenon.

CConn said:
Christianity is, I think everyone can agree, much more believable than Greek/Roman Mythology, and thusly the world as a whole discarded said Mythology.

How is God more believable? Because we're living in an era where (most?) people believe in God? Because God wins by majority of votes?

Greeks believed in Zeus as much as we believe in God. Once the myth is proven wrong, then it's non believable anymore. I can see our God being proven wrong sooner or later and being studied as Mythology in next centuries.

Mythology tries to explain the unexplainable. Being the beginning of life and universe still unknown (what "God" existance tries to explain partially), God still can reign over us. Once he mistery's solved he will fall by his own weight cause he won't be necessary anymore.

in NML he makes some women swear with "god as thier witness" an oath to promise they will look after a baby together

personally i think it would be dumb if batman believed in god mabye his father could have but not bruce it just doesnt make sense to me

APPERANTLY GOD MADE THE EARTH IN 7 DAYS IF HUMANS WHERE CREATED ON THE 2ND DAY OR SUMTHING AND ANIMALS WHERE RUNNING AROUND ON THE 4TH MABYE THAT WOULD MEAN HUMANS AND DINOS WOULD BE RUNNING AROUND AT THE SAME TIME AND EVERYONE KNOWS THATS NOT TRUE. WE EVEN LAUGH ABOUT IT WHAEN YOU SEE IT IN REALLY OLD CARTOONS OR MOVIES!!!

GOD JUST DOESN'T EXIST

Dark Night II said:
APPERANTLY GOD MADE THE EARTH IN 7 DAYS IF HUMANS WHERE CREATED ON THE 2ND DAY OR SUMTHING AND ANIMALS WHERE RUNNING AROUND ON THE 4TH MABYE THAT WOULD MEAN HUMANS AND DINOS WOULD BE RUNNING AROUND AT THE SAME TIME AND EVERYONE KNOWS THATS NOT TRUE. WE EVEN LAUGH ABOUT IT WHAEN YOU SEE IT IN REALLY OLD CARTOONS OR MOVIES!!!

GOD JUST DOESN'T EXIST
well,it's a way better theory than saying something like"we were all created out of nothing".

god simply HAS to exist.that whole "big bang" theory just doesn't convince me.

anyway,to be back on topic,as another poster already said somewhere,batman's not religous.just spiritual.

El Payaso said:
Greeks believed in Zeus as much as we believe in God. Once the myth is proven wrong, then it's non believable anymore. I can see our God being proven wrong sooner or later and being studied as Mythology in next centuries.

Mythology tries to explain the unexplainable. Being the beginning of life and universe still unknown (what "God" existance tries to explain partially), God still can reign over us. Once he mistery's solved he will fall by his own weight cause he won't be necessary anymore.

The existence of God cannot be proven true or false. It's a matter of faith, not science.

I acknowledge the truth of science and that a lot of the Bible is myth that is used to explain God's love but can't be taken as literal fact. I've questioned my faith before but in the end it comes down to my belief that life is too special to have just happened by chance.

As far as Batman goes, the correct answer as Triumph would put it is "who gives a ****?". Not defining it one way or another allows the reader to decide for himself, and his religious beliefs or lack thereof have no bearing on him being an awesome crime fighter.

Hulkamania thinks that superman is the messiah lmao. Bwhahahahahahahaha imagine.

Don't need to lmao. Your one of his biggest hardcore fans.

Bizzybone said:
Don't need to lmao. Your one of his biggest hardcore fans.

Please do everyone on this board a favor and get back on your meds. Plus it is "you're". Yes, I am a Superman fan. What is your point?

:rolleyes: Why don't you lmao...do you pray to supes each and every night???

Bizzybone said:
:rolleyes: Why don't you lmao...do you pray to supes each and every night???

This wasn't funny before and it sure isn't now. Stop pretending to be a moron. See, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are indeed not a moron, just playing one on the Internet.

It is possible to be a fan of a character and not treat them like a deity. I am a Christian, not a worshipper of Superman. I could go around typing bull about "hay guyz bizzybone worships Goku and seez them as gods. am i rite guyz?" But I don't, because that would just be annoying and terribly unfunny.

hulkamania85 said:
This wasn't funny before and it sure isn't now. Stop pretending to be a moron. See, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are indeed not a moron, just playing one on the Internet.
LMAO....YES IT WAS FUNNY NOW DEAL WITH IT YOU FAN BOY. i'M NOT A MORON OKAY, I POST THE FACTS; YOU ARE INDEED IN LOVE WITH THE MANOFSTEEL. THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO PROVE IT FALSE OTHERWISE.

It is possible to be a fan of a character and not treat them like a deity. I am a Christian, not a worshipper of Superman. I could go around typing bull about "hay guyz bizzybone worships Goku and seez them as gods. am i rite guyz?" But I don't, because that would just be annoying and terribly unfunny.
Looks like the hulkmania is wrong again. You love superman like a box of sweet loving candy. By the way, i'm a goku fan, but my biggest fan of them all is cyclops. Get your facts right and head to bed.
icon12.gif

titan101 said:
well,it's a way better theory than saying something like"we were all created out of nothing".

Is it?

And why you say out of "nothing". Who said "nothing" was the alternative?

titan101 said:
god simply HAS to exist.that whole "big bang" theory just doesn't convince me.

HAS to exist?

Again, why IF the Big Bang is a fake, God is THE alternative?

hulkamania85 said:
The existence of God cannot be proven true or false. It's a matter of faith, not science.

Same was the cases of Zeus and co. They just believed those gods were real, no science was behind those.

Now you can ask me, how can YOU prove there is no God? but how can we prove there's no Zeus?

Zeus is supposed to not exist. God is supposed to exist.

hulkamania85 said:
life is too special to have just happened by chance.

Who said "by chance"? Who said "out of nothing"?

You two are making this look like "If it's not God then it's nothing or just random". Why?

There could be many other explanations. A truth we are not even close to think or suspect.

And God easily could be none of those.

El Payaso said:
Is it?

And why you say out of "nothing". Who said "nothing" was the alternative?

HAS to exist?

Again, why IF the Big Bang is a fake, God is THE alternative?

Same was the cases of Zeus and co. They just believed those gods were real, no science was behind those.

Now you can ask me, how can YOU prove there is no God? but how can we prove there's no Zeus?

Zeus is supposed to not exist. God is supposed to exist.

You two are making this look like "If it's not God then it's nothing or just random". Why?

There could be many other explanations. A truth we are not even close to think or suspect.

And God easily could be none of those.

goddamit,i knew i was going to get flamed.

Dark Night II said:
APPERANTLY GOD MADE THE EARTH IN 7 DAYS IF HUMANS WHERE CREATED ON THE 2ND DAY OR SUMTHING AND ANIMALS WHERE RUNNING AROUND ON THE 4TH...
This was all done on the sixth day.

Dark Night II said:
...MABYE THAT WOULD MEAN HUMANS AND DINOS WOULD BE RUNNING AROUND AT THE SAME TIME...
Right.

Dark Night II said:
...AND EVERYONE KNOWS THATS NOT TRUE.
That may be what they teach in school, but that doesn't mean that it has to be true.

(how long before this thread is closed for being OT?)

I didn't say out of nothing. From the big bang theory we certainly came out of something. But if there isn't a higher being and the big bang just happened then existence did sort of happen just by chance. The various things that make up life happened to come together on this planet, while other planets did not develop to get these attributes. There would have been no reason for it other than that is the way things developed by chance.

hulkamania85 said:
From the big bang theory we certainly came out of something. But if there isn't a higher being and the big bang just happened then existence did sort of happen just by chance.

Then you DO think it happened (?).

hulkamania85 said:
The various things that make up life happened to come together on this planet, while other planets did not develop to get these attributes.

Not that WE know.

No planets that WE know.

hulkamania85 said:
There would have been no reason for it other than that is the way things developed by chance.

But that means it was done by that God that sent us ten specific commandments? And told us to go to church on sundays?

El Payaso said:
Then you DO think it happened (?).

Not that WE know.

No planets that WE know.

But that means it was done by that God that sent us ten specific commandments? And told us to go to church on sundays?

The Big Bang? Sure it happened I guess.

I don't think it was God that said go to church on Sundays. I guess that it is how keep holy the sabbath was interpreted over time.

This thread has really gotten off topic.

hulkamania85 said:
The Big Bang? Sure it happened I guess.

I don't think it was God that said go to church on Sundays. I guess that it is how keep holy the sabbath was interpreted over time.

This thread has really gotten off topic.

Don't be afraid dude.

We're all alone in this universe.

Dark Night II said:
personally i think it would be dumb if batman believed in god mabye his father could have but not bruce it just doesnt make sense to me

Why it would be dumb if he believe in one? Why it matter if a fiction character believe in something you don't or whatever? You don't read the book just to see if he an atheist do you? And that sound like you're saying people who believe in God are dumb with saying it make Batman dumb if he does. :p

EVERYONE KNOWS THATS NOT TRUE.

Not everyone. Maybe to many, but not everyone. I'm not one of "everyone" you mention thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"