Is Brie Larson the first Oscar-winning actor to lead a well-received superhero movie AFTER...

James T. Kirk

Captain
Reaction score
...winning their first Oscar?

I know Halle Berry played Catwoman after winning her Oscar but that movie was ****. And Christian Bale played Batman but BEFORE he won his Oscar.

So is Brie the first?

Last edited:
Christian Bale won his Oscar before The Dark Knight Rises. So if you want to exclude him on a technicality, you're going to need a longer, wordier thread title. ;)

Christian Bale won his Oscar before The Dark Knight Rises. So if you want to exclude him on a technicality, you're going to need a longer, wordier thread title. ;)
Good point.

Smartass.

I believe so as the only other Oscar winners have been supporting members. There are/have been quite a few of actual Oscar winners in the MCU though.
Best Actor: William Hurt (Kiss of the Spider Woman), Michael Douglas (Wall Street), Anthony Hopkins (The Silence of the Lambs), Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland), Jeff Bridges (Crazy Hearts)
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive), Benicio Del Toro (Traffic), Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
Best Actress: Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakesspeare in Love), Natalie Portman (Black Swan), Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind), Cate Blanchett (The Aviator), Tilda Swinton (Michael Clayton), Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave)

I believe so as the only other Oscar winners have been supporting members. There are/have been quite a few of actual Oscar winners in the MCU though.
Best Actor: William Hurt (Kiss of the Spider Woman), Michael Douglas (Wall Street), Anthony Hopkins (The Silence of the Lambs), Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland), Jeff Bridges (Crazy Hearts)
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive), Benicio Del Toro (Traffic), Sam Rockwell (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri)
Best Actress: Gwyneth Paltrow (Shakesspeare in Love), Natalie Portman (Black Swan), Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Connelly (A Beautiful Mind), Cate Blanchett (The Aviator), Tilda Swinton (Michael Clayton), Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave)
Hell of a list.

Gotta pay for that third house somehow

If the question is, Is Brie Larson the first Oscar Winner to then lead an origin movie, then the answer is NO.

Nic Cage won an Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas, and eventually went on to star in Ghost Rider.

If the question is, Is Brie Larson the first Oscar Winner to then lead an origin movie, then the answer is NO.

Nic Cage won an Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas, and eventually went on to star in Ghost Rider.
You're totally right. I'd completely forgotten about him.

As has virtually everyone capable of making a decent movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"