• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Is Dane Cook funny? Are his movies funny?

Colossal Spoons said:
I'm proud to say that I was a fan long before there was a bandwagon. Back he was just the crazy comedian who'd appear on Leno in a black and yellow biker jacket. I actually don't like that fact that soo many people like him now. Not because of the usual "dislike things that are popular" emo crap, but I'm getting tired of hearing people totally bomb impressions of him. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Yeah i've liked him fopr the longest time. ever since i saw his 30 min comic show special on comedy centeral a few years ago. and when ifound out he had a cd i was like cool so i picked it up. and that cd was called Hard to swallow. and then i was waiting and i'd see him in bit parts in movies. i got his new cd last year then which i don't know how to spell but it starts with a R.

plus the walgreen and monkey/van jokes are great.

he's currently filming a Raunchy R Rated Romantic Comedy ALA 40 year old virgin in vancouver called Good Look Chuck with a one miss Jessica Alba.

so i will both way.

"Harmful If Swallowed" and "Retaliation"

There really is no point in having any kind of discussion about comedians because they vary so much that it's almost like trying to get somebody to like your favorite food.

Colossal Spoons said:

There really is no point in having any kind of discussion about comedians because they vary so much that it's almost like trying to get somebody to like your favorite food.

Agreed. It's all about people tastes.

Colossal Spoons said:

that said I havn't played his cd to anyone that hasn't laughed at some point, except my nan...but she's death

The end of Retaliation where he tells the joke about being late for his job at Video Horizons is just gold.

Colossal Spoons said:
The end of Retaliation where he tells the joke about being late for his job at Video Horizons is just gold.

That's Harmful if Swallowed.

But I love that bit. I can relate to that. The best part is when he talks about waking up. :up:

theShape said:
That's Harmful if Swallowed.

But I love that bit. I can relate to that. The best part is when he talks about waking up. :up:

I can't find that joke on either, the last on harmful for swallowed for me is the 'pick a number sketch' and on ratalliation its the cashew trick

gvcool2 said:
I can't find that joke on either, the last on harmful for swallowed for me is the 'pick a number sketch' and on ratalliation its the cashew trick

It's a hidden track on Harmful if Swallowed.

theShape said:
It's a hidden track on Harmful if Swallowed.

how hidden? do I need to open up the cd and do a da vinci code? I can't find it

gvcool2 said:
how hidden? do I need to open up the cd and do a da vinci code? I can't find it

Ha?

Listen to the CD?

Colossal Spoons said:

sorry i messed them up it was about 4 in the morning and i wasn't thinking right.

but your right his style of comedy really isn't for everyone.

I bought Harmful If Swallowed a couple weeks ago and laughed my ass off.

Stand up is great. His SNL wasnt that awsome but that was the fault of SNL. They havent been funny for years. He's been good in what I've seen him in so far. You can't really ask if his films are funny because he really hasnt been in anything on his own yet and before Waiting it was just bit parts to keep working. The only thing that bothers me now is that I love his work but I dont want to seem bandwagon. I remember back in the day when he was just doing short standup on comedy central.

Cook amd Milanakis were the only parts of Waiting worth talking about lol.

Colossal Spoons said:
Cook amd Milanakis were the only parts of Waiting worth talking about lol.

i wanted to shoot Milanakis and that other guy in the face.

he was so damn annoying.

but lieki said beforew good luck chcuk should be good. one of his first starring roles. and it also a good thing Jessica Alba is co-starring in it.

Colossal Spoons said:
Their rap at the end was HILARIOUS

"I finger bang poodles" thats funny?

if that idioit can get his own show on mtv then i'm sure i can.

Yeah.....that kid's got his own show I mean....wtf?

Cook's funny as hell. He's a great comedian. He's probably number 2 on my list, behind Dave Chappelle.

Actor though? I dunno....there are some comedians that don't make good actors. It's different things. I mean, he could make a movie and be funny as hell in it....does that make him an actor? Or just a comedian using a movie as his stage?

Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Farrell.......those guys are comedians. I wouldn't call them actors, really.....

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Yeah.....that kid's got his own show I mean....wtf?

Cook's funny as hell. He's a great comedian. He's probably number 2 on my list, behind Dave Chappelle.

Actor though? I dunno....there are some comedians that don't make good actors. It's different things. I mean, he could make a movie and be funny as hell in it....does that make him an actor? Or just a comedian using a movie as his stage?

Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Will Farrell.......those guys are comedians. I wouldn't call them actors, really.....

ben stiller was an actor first no? owen wilson i wouldn't really call a comedian at all, and will farrell i feel has made the transaction so succesfully that he can very much be considered an actor

But, isn't that the problem some people have? I mean....you get stuck with that label, b/c your funny....and I don't most people consider it acting b/c they pretty much are the same dude from flick to flick.

Jim Carrey was never actually seen as an actor until a few years of some dramas earned him the actor name.

I dunno.....I mean, I think they just fit into the term comedians for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"