The Dark Knight Is Eckhart's Two-Face as good as Richard Moll's?

We all have a Big Harvey hidden inside that we repress to have normal lives so I think it's a far more interesting version than Harvey Dent becoming an angry, rage-a-holic with no history of an evil, dual personality.

The seperate personalities represent everyone's capacity to make good and evil decisions. Without two personalities it's just a pissed off guy with a coin.

We see Harvey turn to evil but it isn't clear it's because he had evil inside of him all along waiting to get out (like all of us including Batman). He just turned evil because he's angry.

You think everyone has a split personality disorder except for the film version of Harvey Dent?

...what?

Do we all have split personalities? No.

Does everyone have a dark side they try to keep hidden? Yes

also I think Two Face symbolizes everyone's capacity for good and evil decisions.

Which is what he does in the film. He may not have had a completely E-V-I-L, other personality that was dormant most of his life, but he still had a dark side.

I would like to have seen more of that dark side before he became Two-Face, but I did like how he kept moving 'closer to the edge' from the beginning of the film till he completely fell (or was pushed :cwink:) off it to his death at the end.

I think the duality of Two Face is essential to the character. This requires two seperate personalities that each fight for control.

The idea that a noble law man and a brutal gangster fight for one man's soul is alot more tragic and mythical than some good guy who becomes angry and goes on a rampage.

Nolan's Harvey Dent doesn't become Two-Face, he becomes Mad-Face.

Which is what he does in the film. He may not have had a completely E-V-I-L, other personality that was dormant most of his life, but he still had a dark side.

I would like to have seen more of that dark side before he became Two-Face, but I did like how he kept moving 'closer to the edge' from the beginning of the film till he completely fell (or was pushed :cwink:) off it to his death at the end.

Agreed.

I like Two Face the seemingly perfect guy who secretly has a ruthless, dominant personality that he suppresses until the mob pushes him too far then he lets it loose into the world.

We all have a Big Harvey hidden inside that we repress to have normal lives so I think it's a far more interesting version than Harvey Dent becoming an angry, rage-a-holic with no history of an evil, dual personality.

Harvey should have two distinct dual personalities. His physical scars and personal loses causes the wrong personality to take control, something we all must resist to some extent. The message should be even the most perfect citizen has a darker nature waiting to come out from the shadows. Nolan's Two Face isn't as psychologically complex. He just becomes angry and violent after his girl is murdered. Big whoop, there's more to Two Face than that.

I prefer Nolan's take on Two Face. Not really a big fan of the version of the character that refers to himself as "us" and robs the second bank of gotham on the second tuesday of february.

Eckhart was good, but Moll is the best Two Face of all time.

Personally, I loved the way Nolan handled Dent and Two-Face, but maybe that's just because the character of Harvey Dent and his arc was much more interesting than Two-Face; but I do love me some Two-Face.
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but I think other than Rachel's death, the thing that really REALLY pisses Harvey off and forces him to completely abandon his ties to the legal system is that the reason all of this awful stuff happened to him is because Gordon didn't listen when Harvey tried to warn him about moles in the MCU:remember the rooftop scene: "You're sitting down there with scum like Wartz and Ramirez!" - They were the ones who actually picked up Dent and Rachel.

I prefer Nolan's take on Two Face. Not really a big fan of the version of the character that refers to himself as "us" and robs the second bank of gotham on the second tuesday of february.

Same as me. That type of twos crime stuff seemed like something a gimmicky Adam West villain would do.

I agree, but don't think that there is only Nolan's Two-Face and the Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face. There is actually an awesome Two-Face, who is arguably even better than the Joker. Read Dark Victory or even Moll's Two-Face is awesome.

That whole robbing second bank at 2 am is silly, of course. That's just terrible writing by someone who doesn't understand the monster that is Two-Face.

Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face is completely different from Richard Moll's Two-Face. In The Dark Knight, Two-Face is a broken man who's surrendered his personal authority to make moral decisions to the random chance of a coin toss. In Batman: The Animated Series, Two-Face is obsessed with duality and dichotomy, thinking in very dichotic terms of good and evil. Both are valid in my opinion.

Indeed, at the end of the day, both are great interpretations of the character.

Yeah sure, TDK's version was excellent for the film (wish we had more), but it's still not TWO-FACE. Two-Face is actually the evil entity inside of Harvey Dent who fights for his soul (and often wins). So, Two-Face wasn't actually in TDK.

The character we got in TDK I believe was very limited. He served his purpose and then they had to kill him off. As he was, there was nothing else he could do, villain-wise. He killed, or put through trial, all the people he thought were guilty. After that, he had nothing else to do as his revenge was complete. And he accepts it also "You think I want to escape from this? There is no escape from THISS!" All he could have done was kill more people, without a purpose.

Moll's Two-Face is actually a villain. He is, by profession, an evil mastermind. He does crime because he's evil. He experiments with people's lives for the sake of testing chance, and he actually has a goal of having control over Gotham. What sets him apart from other villains like the Joker is that Harvey Dent still exists in him. So its basically a powerful force of evil and a (former) powerful embodiment of good sharing the same body.

I think richard moll is getting a little too much credit here. At least refer to him as the animated series two face maybe or paul dini's etc.

I don't think you can compare the performance given by eckhart to anything moll personally did on the show.

Moll also had more episodes to work with.

I think richard moll is getting a little too much credit here. At least refer to him as the animated series two face maybe or paul dini's etc.

I don't think you can compare the performance given by eckhart to anything moll personally did on the show.

Then you can say the same about Kevin Conroy's Batman or Mark Hamill's Joker, yet they are so popular and renowned. In all "Who was the best Batman/Joker?" stuff they are always an option along with Bale or Ledger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"