Is Gangnam Style Getting Old?

Gangnam Style was funny but I think it's getting old yes. Another hit will arrive soon and replace it, as usual. Harlem shake is just a dance so we'll forget it in few months

I still enjoy Gangam Style.

BTW Psy has a new song out called "Gentleman." Looks like he tried to make a new dance for it.

I didn't know what a Harlem Shake was until a month ago.

Morris Day. And the real Harlem Shake was popular more than a decade ago, so it about evens out.

True. What people do now (or were doing a month ago) isn't even the Harlem Shake. It's convulsing like idiots and trying to be funny.

I think this pretty much says it all

[YT]OfmCTl3ZbQQ[/YT]

And just when you thought it might be gone..

Gangman + Ghostbusters =

I hate Gagnam Style parodies. Gagnam Style was already intentionally comedic, it's a satire of South Koran consumer culture. "Parodies" of it aren't parodies, they're just stealing it's jokes.

What? One can't parody a parody?

It's usually not a good idea, no. Especially if one is parodying a parody as if the original parody wasn't a parody, like has happened with Gangnam style.

Parodies of any song on YouTube are mind-numbingly awful. Gangnam Style parodies are an especially horrifying brand of awful.

Now of course Gangnam Style was played out well over a year ago, but my 4 year old son still loves it. To him it's just as relevant as it's always been. Once a month or so he'll request it and sing along loudly.

I hate Gagnam Style parodies. Gagnam Style was already intentionally comedic, it's a satire of South Koran consumer culture. "Parodies" of it aren't parodies, they're just stealing it's jokes.

That's along the lines of saying "West Side Story" should never have been written because it's a take off on "Romeo and Juliet".

Most of the parodies don't even come close to touching the "jokes" in the original.

Frankly I prefer some of the parodies to the original, because I can sing along with them and know I'm not flubbing the words.

How about watching it WITHOUT the music?

As for parodies of this there are some that are very good like this one.

[YT]-xiAbDkXDgg[/YT]

Lo Pan Style. Based on Big trouble in Little China.

Gangnam Style was played at the spring training baseball game I went to. Also played at the game was a David Hasslehoff song. Not only is Gangnam Style old, but I think it's safe to say it's dead.

Hey, Hasselhoff has his own talkshow here in Sweden now. He's pretty funny! :yay:

Yes it is very old. I don't mind it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"