Is it dirty

8+ year thread bump?! Jesus.

there's been a lot of necro bumps lately, and they've been interesting topics. plus, as some other people have pointed out, some new threads may've already been made in the past.

Zod dammit...

Funny story...

Well not funny, pretty disturbing and sad really. At the bakery I used to work at, it was run and owned by a Lebanese family. One of the owners nephews was in an arranged marriage to his first cousin and one of his other nephews was engaged to someone whom he wasn't related to for the past three years. The first guy married who he was supposed and they had two kids, one of which is constantly and severely sick and was in and out of the hospital all the time. Take a wild guess why. The second guy was forced to break it off with the woman he was engaged to or else the family would disown him. So he married one of his cousins too, although from what I heard she was further away in the tree than the other one.
I'm a little confused, you knew two different people who tied the knot with their cousins?

and one of the pairs conceived a child that was sick all the time. well, I just remembered aside from the one family I mentioned earlier, I also remember that I have in-laws in my family, two of which were cousins that got married and they had twins - and those kids are fine. They don't seem weird/abnormal in the slightest, just like the other people I talked about. perhaps the case you mentioned was something else involved? something more?

i think when you're young (like 6), your cousin is the only sort of person that you'll get to expose to early on in life. So it's normal to have a crush.

As you get older, well you know the drill. UNLESS YOU'RE..FROM..ALA...BAMA.

Is there a reason a lot of these threads don't go past 2006?

I'm a little confused, you knew two different people who tied the knot with their cousins?

and one of the pairs conceived a child that was sick all the time. well, I just remembered aside from the one family I mentioned earlier, I also remember that I have in-laws in my family, two of which were cousins that got married and they had twins - and those kids are fine. They don't seem weird/abnormal in the slightest, just like the other people I talked about. perhaps the case you mentioned was something else involved? something more?

One family, two different people in that family and they did it fairly often with arranged marriages so it was more than that. The science boils down to that the more that the inbreeding is kept inside too little a gene pool the potential for defects crops up more. That's why pure breed dogs tend to have a good amount of issues if they aren't well bred with other lines. (I'm working off of high school biology and things I've read since then so I may be a bit fuzzy)

One family, two different people in that family and they did it fairly often with arranged marriages so it was more than that. The science boils down to that the more that the inbreeding is kept inside too little a gene pool the potential for defects crops up more. That's why pure breed dogs tend to have a good amount of issues if they aren't well bred with other lines. (I'm working off of high school biology and things I've read since then so I may be a bit fuzzy)

so within that family, 2 people were cousins that were married?

and you're saying that fairly often they had arranged marriages with cousins? I just wanna get that straight so I'm not misunderstanding. If that is the case - I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but some cultures permit that. It's not direct siblings, so they come up with logic that makes it acceptable.

Like I said, I know people who were born by parents who were cousins, and they seem like regular people.

****ing wrong'ens.
we've been brought up to believe any incest is completely wrong. but there are certain societies that will tolerate 1st cousins. I'm not advocating anything here but again, I know people who were born to parents like that who are okay. as far as I know/can tell.

Mdm0HPXW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"