Is it just me?

QueerMike

Sidekick
Reaction score
Or does the internet, more specifically SHH!, ruin the ability to enjoy movies?

I, for one, can't watch anything anymore.

Tried watching the Matrix last week, fell asleep.
Tried watching No Country for Old Men, fell asleep.
Tried watching Citizen Kane, fell asleep.

A good movie comes on t.v. and I say to myself 'great, I haven't seen that in awhile.' Then I end up changing the channel, getting on the internet, or falling asleep.

I have over 200 movies I have yet to watch. Not because I don't want to, I just can't.

I believe this is because of the internet. It gets my hopes up to high and if the first 30 minutes aren't absolutely amazing I fall asleep. The only way I can
watch a movie all the way through anymore is if I'm smoking a little bit of herbal enhancement. Even then, I spend more time debating whether or not The Matrix is Keanu Reeves greatest role ever instead of paying attention to the movie.

(Hithchikers Guide to the Galaxy = Best movie ever, on weed!)

What should I do?

A. Cancel the internet and watch the movies
B. Keep the internet, smoke weed, and watch the movies
C. To hell with it, go to sleep

1. I feel you i always stare at my dvd shelf and say i wanna watch one of those movies, specially now since ps3 upscales it looks and sounds better, i go to put in the disk but than i just don't watch it, il either play skate or uncharted or il turn on science channel and sit threw a few hours of docs.

i watch movies sometimes on tv but only if i like the movie, i watch movies online too.. and so yea internet is addicting and more entertaining than movies sometimes.

A. DO NOT CANCEL INTERNET! lol
B.Do all three, but smoke weed in moderation.
C.Sleeps good, but what do i know about sleep. i barely get any.

1. I feel you i always stare at my dvd shelf and say i wanna watch one of those movies, specially now since ps4 upscales it looks and sounds better, i go to put in the disk but than i just don't watch it, il either play skate or uncharted or il turn on science channel and sit threw a few hours of docs.

i watch movies sometimes on tv but only if i like the movie, i watch movies online too.. and so yea internet is addicting and more entertaining than movies sometimes.

A. DO NOT CANCEL INTERNET! lol
B.Do all three, but smoke weed in moderation.
C.Sleeps good, but what do i know about sleep. i barely get any.

Wait a minute. PS4? Did I miss something?:huh:

Stop smoking the weed, get some exercise.

You also didn't say why exactly the internet stops you watching a film, only that it did. Why?

Stop smoking the weed, get some exercise.

You also didn't say why exactly the internet stops you watching a film, only that it did. Why?

Yes I did. I stated that it(internet) builds up unrealistic expectations for a movie and because of those expectations I quickly lose intrest.

As for quiting weed and getting some exercise... that does nothing to help me.:whatever:

I bought 3 movies last week and I've only seen 2 of them because I'm on the computer.

To be honest though mate,

All of these movies were expected to be great, much of the hype does involve the internet however it's your own intepretation of whether or not movies will satisfy you. Whether you choose to cancel your internet is entirely your choice, I rarely watch films because I'm busy or I'm on my 360 but that's because I have a really short attention span unless I'm really entertained - and that's pushing it.

The hype that we see today may have a little impact on the way we see a film but if you don't look in the spoilers before you see it, it won't spoil the experience for you.

You should do whatever you enjoy doing. However, as A.J.Rimmer(BSC) said, you should schedule 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week for exercise. Pick an activity you'll enjoy doing for that too. You'll be amazed at how much a little exercise can increase your stamina in other activities.

As far as the Hype (or the interenet) ruining my ability to watch movies, nahhh. I do skip certain movies based on Hype discussions, but others I watch regardless.

The Hype and the internet do seem to decrease my desire to do housework. (Gives me yet another method of ignoring the need to pull out the vaccuum).

Citizen Kane: well its no suprise that people today would fall asleep during the movie. Especially if your younger, you have been brought up with huge blockbuster films (in color).

The Matrix: who hasnt seen this at least once? You must have it on DVD, in which case you have probably seen it a dozen times and were probably bored with it.

No Country for Old Men: I'm sure its good, but I only go to the movies for a good time. Old men killing themselves over a drug deal in the country just isnt my cup of tea for an $8 ticket, so I would probably fall asleep too. I'll wait for video rental for that one.

Your best bet is to NOT LISTEN to other's opinions and use your own judgement. Just dont come here and tell everybody that you liked the movie in a thread where over 3/4 of the posts were bashing the flick or you'll have a ton of trash talkers.

It's hard for me to watch movies as well. I work in a DVD store, so I take home ungodly amounts of DVDs and Blu-Rays every week. And the people that come into my store always say, "Dude, you have to watch this movie! It's freaking awesome!" And I'll watch part of it and think, meh, then I just move on to something else. Plus, I have so many movies that I have yet to watch that it's overwhelming. I'll want to watch something, then I look at the shelf, can't decide between like 100 movies, so I just throw in an old standby like Blazing Saddles or Ghostbusters.

And I'm kinda picky about movies, so I shouldn't pay attention to what other people say about them, 'cause they're often of a very different opinion than I.

How about you learn to lower your expectations and just enjoy a movie for what it is, not for what you THINK it's going to be? :huh: :commonsense:

jag

^

I think his problem is he rather post on the internet than watch a movie. :huh:

The Hype and the internet do seem to decrease my desire to do housework. (Gives me yet another method of ignoring the need to pull out the vaccuum).

I knew you were a dirty girl, but...sheesh! :oldrazz:

^

I think his problem is he rather post on the internet than watch a movie. :huh:

So, you're saying it's a problem of lacking self control on his part? Hmmm....an interesting hypotheses, Dr. Erzengel. Perhaps we should ask Dr. Wilhelm for his prognosis as well and confer?

jag

Wilhelm is just gonna call this guy a moron. :huh::csad:

Well my prognosis is for him to stop posting on SHH all together and maybe give him a brown box to occupy his time with. :huh:

Wilhelm is just gonna call this guy a moron. :huh::csad:

Shush! You're just a intern!

Well my prognosis is for him to stop posting on SHH all together and maybe give him a brown box to occupy his time with. :huh:

An interesting therapy suggestion. I was leaning more towards a shock therapy regimen for the patient.

jag

Why brown? Racist.

I don't s'pose anyone gives a **** what I think :o

White boxes are cheap and inferiors Mee. :huh:

Or does the internet, more specifically SHH!, ruin the ability to enjoy movies?

I, for one, can't watch anything anymore.

Tried watching the Matrix last week, fell asleep.
Tried watching No Country for Old Men, fell asleep.
Tried watching Citizen Kane, fell asleep.

A good movie comes on t.v. and I say to myself 'great, I haven't seen that in awhile.' Then I end up changing the channel, getting on the internet, or falling asleep.

I have over 200 movies I have yet to watch. Not because I don't want to, I just can't.

I believe this is because of the internet. It gets my hopes up to high and if the first 30 minutes aren't absolutely amazing I fall asleep. The only way I can
watch a movie all the way through anymore is if I'm smoking a little bit of herbal enhancement. Even then, I spend more time debating whether or not The Matrix is Keanu Reeves greatest role ever instead of paying attention to the movie.

(Hithchikers Guide to the Galaxy = Best movie ever, on weed!)

What should I do?

A. Cancel the internet and watch the movies
B. Keep the internet, smoke weed, and watch the movies
C. To hell with it, go to sleep

Your problem doesn't seem to be with the internet, it seems to be about not getting enough sleep. Get some sleep, then maybe you won't fall asleep watching a movie.

Shush! You're just a intern!

An interesting therapy suggestion. I was leaning more towards a shock therapy regimen for the patient.

jag
Shock therapy to the genitals is your answer to everything. :csad:

I agree sometimes reading hyperbole statements on the internet ruins your perception of a film (a little...) but it seems if your falling asleep so much, you aint living healthy.

White boxes are cheap and inferiors Mee. :huh:
picard2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"