Is Life always scary?

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
This is a question aimed towards adults on this forum.

The "big question mark" of one's life and what will happens in one's life has always been scary- hell even mentioned in the media, so I know I'm not alone on this.

But, now it seems to be weighing down on me now more than ever!

I'm approaching twenty years old. And I'm scared as hell. It seems like the world is moving way too fast and expects me to be ready for it and I don't know if I am. My 'life' is finally beginning as I take on projects, some of which I don't know I'm ready for yet, but I know will help me in the future professionally... I'm scared, frightened in the worst way possible. Yet excited in the best way possible... it's very fcking confusing.

Hoping that any adults on here or those over twenty could tell me if this feeling is always there, this fear of growing past teenage life and becoming a leader/ an adult....

eventually you'll be an adult, so you'll find new milestones to keep you up at night.:)

Doesn't it suck growing up? Back in the day you had it great getting a boob if your mouth and a fresh diaper whenever you soiled yourself. But your caretakers expect outlandish things like "responsibility" and "maturity". How dare they? How dare society expect you to grow up!? :cmad:

Shut up and get over it. :down:

The "big question mark" of one's life and what will happens in one's life has always been scary- hell even mentioned in the media, so I know I'm not alone on this.

I'm approaching twenty years old. And I'm scared as hell. It seems like the world is moving way too fast and expects me to be ready for it and I don't know if I am. My 'life' is finally beginning as I take on projects, some of which I don't know I'm ready for yet, but I know will help me in the future professionally... I'm scared, frightened in the worst way possible. Yet excited in the best way possible... it's very fcking confusing.

Hoping that any adults on here or those over twenty could tell me if this feeling is always there, this fear of growing past teenage life and becoming a leader/ an adult....

Seriously:

Take life in small enough pieces to handle. Don't sweat the stuff you can't influence, Don't worry about things you can influence that are not completly under your control.

Try to figure out what it is you like to do to feed yourself,.. then pick whatever you like to do almost as well,... then learn to do both as best you can.

Life is scary because sane people should sometimes fear the unknown - because fear is a survival mech that is supposed to motivate you to survive.

Just don't let it control everything you do.

Take chances on the important stuff. Use your fear as a tool to determine what is important in your life and what should be left for fools to sweat.

V.

Yes, life is always scary. I'm terrified all day long. You should move into your mother's basement and never leave. :up:

Seriously:

Take life in small enough pieces to handle. Don't sweat the stuff you can't influence, Don't worry about things you can influence that are not completly under your control.

Try to figure out what it is you like to do to feed yourself,.. then pick whatever you like to do almost as well,... then learn to do both as best you can.

Life is scary because sane people should sometimes fear the unknown - because fear is a survival mech that is supposed to motivate you to survive.

Just don't let it control everything you do.

Take chances on the important stuff. Use your fear as a tool to determine what is important in your life and what should be left for fools to sweat.

V.

:up::up::up:

My advice: While on it... HAVE FUN!!!

As serious as it could get you gotta get a laugh. MAkes it easier.:ninja:

The reason for video games. Take the scary aspects of life and put them aside for awhile.

I'm 20, no worries here. You sound like you have some sort of anxiety disorder.....or perhaps I'm too laidback that I have yet to be bothered by any of that.

You Could Be Having Some Sort Of Early Mid Life Crisis Its Not As Crazy As It Sounds And Not As Uncommon As You Would Think

A lot depends on your temperament and what kind of support system you have around you (if any) but yeah, life is scary and it does move way to fast at times . On the positive side, at least you have enough sense to see that. :up:

You'll be okay. Just try not to take on too many things at once. :yay:

You will be fine as long as you have the balls to be a good adult. I never really felt that at any point in my life things were moving at a pace I could not keep up with. Scared? Of the things that happen in life sometimes....of course we all have those moments. But there is no excuse for anyone not to overcome their fears and become a decent adult.

The irony is, you sound like a little kid.

The answer is, life is what you make it. We all have 24 hours in a day, no more, no less and it's what you do, the choices that you make within those 24 hours that affect how your life plays out. It's simple yet profound.

I'm 20, no worries here. You sound like you have some sort of anxiety disorder.....or perhaps I'm too laidback that I have yet to be bothered by any of that.

Almost twenty here, a few months to go. I am also way too laid back. Having considered I'll be leaving home to live elsewhere for university isn't scaring me as much as it should.
The financial aspects of the future? They don't look too good :o

But eh, why worry. I'll enjoy the experience, whether its bad or good.

Almost twenty here, a few months to go. I am also way too laid back. Having considered I'll be leaving home to live elsewhere for university isn't scaring me as much as it should.
The financial aspects of the future? They don't look too good :o

But eh, why worry. I'll enjoy the experience, whether its bad or good.

Trouble is if you get yourself into financial trouble you only have yourself to blame....loads of UK people are in debt...not me though :)

Trouble is if you get yourself into financial trouble you only have yourself to blame....loads of UK people are in debt...not me though :)

Well, obviously. I've never had trouble with money so far...but, I can see that changing.
Having to be serious with my money, and not spend it on geeky nonsense?
Oh noes :csad:

Well, obviously. I've never had trouble with money so far...but, I can see that changing.
Having to be serious with my money, and not spend it on geeky nonsense?
Oh noes :csad:

You can do both.....just take care...I still buy geek stuff but also plan for the future.

growing up is indeed scary

remember that whatever mistake that you make today, is going to come back to bite you right in the ass some other day
but also remember that whatever right decision that you make will also bring much more opportunities for you to grow
don't be afraid of mistakes, they also help in your learning process
sometimes, blessings come in very subtle forms
enjoy

Thanks for some of the advice guys. Some of it came in handy.

Alot of it came from the business aspects of life, rather than being independent and financial issues.

Checked quotes by famous directors and turns out at one time or another they were also nervous about filming. I have a huge project that I'm trying to put together- a semester film outside of school next semester. And a film I have to finish this semester for a class that I need to come out great to have that semester film become a reality. Just that the business world (for me, film) is out there and that I have some control, but not complete control over it. So, it's that sense of not being in control of one's life and growing up to have to face and be ready for the business world. Just going to face it head on and hope for the best as some on here have stated. :up:

just do what you have to do, the rest of the pieces will fall into place

Once you accept the fact that no matter what you do, you're going to die one day, it shouldn't scare you at all.
What's the worst that can happen?
You'll suffer and die.
That is life.
Find ways to avoid suffering, until you die, and you will suffer and you will die.
So relax and have fun where you can.

Nothing you fear is as bad as you fear it is before it happens.
You CAN bear anything, unless it kills you.
Then, you're dead, as you will be anyway.

Fear is a silly waste of energy.
Often fear is the very thing that brings ABOUT the thing you're afraid of.

hey wil, by any chance do you happen to know a band from Seattle called Los Burbanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"