X2: X-Men United Is Pyro to be considered an X-Man?

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
X2:

Since Iceman, Rogue and Nightcrawler became proper X-Men during the movie, could Pyro be considered an X-Man as well, until the time he switched side with Magneto (at the very end)?

No. He was just a student.

And Kurt,Bobby and Marie only became official X-Men after they survived the Alkali Lake flooding.

No. He was just a student.

And Kurt,Bobby and Marie only became official X-Men after they survived the Alkali Lake flooding.

Agreed.

So in X2 we just got 7 X-Men:

Cyclops
Jean Grey/Phoenix
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Nightcrawler

Agreed.

So in X2 we just got 7 X-Men:

Cyclops
Jean Grey/Phoenix
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler was there to help, but he didn't formally join
Iceman didn't become one until The Last Stand
I don't even recall Rogue becoming more than a student in the OT

I still say bobby,rogue and kurt were not official X-Men in X2, but then i don't think wolverine technically wasn't either.

i suppose it comes down to the title and meaning behind it.

Do you need to be given the status of X-Man or is it just something you get if you end up going on an adventure.

Do you need to be given the status of X-Man or is it just something you get if you end up going on an adventure.

In the cinematic universe, I think it's the latter. And even when you're given an uniform (even Angel had one in the production stills lol).

List of X-Men in the OT:

Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Iceman
Rogue
Colossus
Shadowcat
Beast

Technically speaking, Xavier is not an X-Man. Right?

Last edited:
No Angel didn't join the X-Men. He wore the suit for promotional pictures, because him shirtless or with a casual clothing wouldn't look better in the promo pics. He didn't even interact with the X-Men in action.

While Nightcrawler was obviously meant to be upgraded for a X-Men status especially in X3. Though the writers of X3, were clueless to write a proper role for him. He was a full time member in the videogame though.

No Angel didn't join the X-Men. He wore the suit for promotional pictures, because him shirtless or with a casual clothing wouldn't look better in the promo pics. He didn't even interact with the X-Men in action.

:gngl:

He joined the school, had a role (albeif if a minor one) in the last battle and, at the very last scene of the movie, it is implied he has become one of the X-Men or at least he's deeply associated with them.

Possible X-Men recruited after 'ORIGINS' and who had left the team before 2004 ("X-Men"):

Emma Silver Fox/Silverfox
Sean Cassidy/Banshee
Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver

:gngl:

He joined the school, had a role (albeif if a minor one) in the last battle and, at the very last scene of the movie, it is implied he has become one of the X-Men or at least he's deeply associated with them.

Possible X-Men recruited after 'ORIGINS' and who had left the team before 2004 ("X-Men"):

Emma Silver Fox/Silverfox
Sean Cassidy/Banshee
Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver

No he didn't join the final battle, he was there to rescue his father.

No he didn't join the final battle, he was there to rescue his father.

Yeah, but it was an "action" nonetheless.

Food for fan fiction, even.

In the while, we can say that Xavier has been an "X-Man" only in First Class (Timeline 2 in my scenario). As well as Erik. Both without codenames (yet).

Nightcrawler was there to help, but he didn't formally join
Iceman didn't become one until The Last Stand
I don't even recall Rogue becoming more than a student in the OT

Yeah because Iceman become one when he defeated Pyro, and Nightcrawler was never seen again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"