Is reaching 10,000 posts really a big deal?

well, it really isn't raybia, when you get down to it.

Prior to 2003 (when the spam newbs invaded the Hype), reaching 5000 posts to get your own custom title was a big deal... and it could take one or two years to do it, because everybody posted in relevant threads.

Sometime in 2003, we saw the first of the newbs that could get up to 1000 posts per MONTH, and now it all seems like a moot point.

I've seen people here with more than 30 000 posts and have been here less than 2 years, while I've yet to achieve that mark in my 7 1/2 years at the Hype... and I practically post on a daily basis.

:csad:

If not then what number would be considered a milestone?

I think people look into the number of posts a little to much. It just means some of us are on the computer a bit more than others. Honestly, as a fellow poster, I don't care if you have 45,000 or 3. If your posts are decent and halfway intelligible and you're not a complete dukee, then you're alright in my book. :up:

dont think its much of a dig deal, more of a accomplishment.

The posting milestones are 6,000 and 10,000 posts. Once you get 6,000 posts, you get that 100x100 avvy, lose your n00b reputation, and establish that you are a big dog of the Hype. Achieving 10,000 posts is just a milestone in it's own right. You become a veteran.

Of course, overall reputation and join dates may transcend these.

Having 10000 posts doesn't mean jack. I could sit here all weekend and type in "LOL" "sweet" or any other one word waste of internet space and get to my 10000. I am getting a little pumped to be able to get my first avvy though.

If not then what number would be considered a milestone?

I keep telling myself it is. It's wierd that I've been on here for so long, yet I'm not at that count, and some people who've been around for a year or so have exceeded it. Evidently, I'm a slacker.

I keep telling myself it is. It's wierd that I've been on here for so long, yet I'm not at that count, and some people who've been around for a year or so have exceeded it. Evidently, I'm a slacker.

Nope... you're just NOT a spammer. :yay:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, after close to 91 consecutive months of practically posting daily at the Hype, is my 30 000th post.

:word:

I know what you mean, I've been on since 05, but didn't get into it until October.

You really need to get your priorities straight! :cwink:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, after close to 91 consecutive months of practically posting daily at the Hype, is my 30 000th post.

WOW! Congrats.You shoulg get a 12" x 12" avvy for that.

*confetti*

Congrats! You are one of the oldest posters I've seen on the Hype. You predate many of the heavy hitters. Do you remember when posters like Wil and jag first joined? What were they like?

What was it like around here in 2000?

The posting milestones are 6,000 and 10,000 posts. Once you get 6,000 posts, you get that 100x100 avvy, lose your n00b reputation, and establish that you are a big dog of the Hype. Achieving 10,000 posts is just a milestone in it's own right. You become a veteran.

Of course, overall reputation and join dates may transcend these.

:wow: You're considered a n00b until you reach 6,000 posts?

Personally, I've never been a n00b :bh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"