Is the TAS Creeper the Batman version of Freakazoid?

ganstaman56

Civilian
Reaction score
i just got finished watching the episode of TAS where the Creeper is introduced on YouTube and his personality combined with the WB animation is basically exactly like the cartoon superhero Freakazoid by Steven Speilburg. so what do you think was the TAS Creeper inspired by Freakazoid?

No. The Creeper is a real villain in the DC Universe. I believe he was even in the Secret Society of Villains at one point.

trustyside-kick said:
No. The Creeper is a real villain in the DC Universe. I believe he was even in the Secret Society of Villains at one point.
no i mean the TAS version of him not in the DC universe.

trustyside-kick said:

The Creeper isn't a villain. He's just out of his ****ing mind. He's one of Clark Kent's co-workers in the comics.

The Question said:
The Creeper isn't a villain. He's just out of his ****ing mind. He's one of Clark Kent's co-workers in the comics.

Well he was in the Secret Society of Villains. I know he is not much of a villain but still. It said he was on it.

trustyside-kick said:
Well he was in the Secret Society of Villains. I know he is not much of a villain but still. It said he was on it.

I don't think he was.

Creeper was a member of the Justice League Unlimited, you can even see him in the background of the poster where they stand in one line.

trustyside-kick said:
Check wikipedia. It says under his affiliations.

anadinseawater, Well cartoons are never 100% accurate. Explain that then? When that knowledge came from the comics.

The Creeper was originally a sort of anti-hero, as was said before he was quite nuts. He was created sometime in the 70's (IIRC)by Spiderman's original artist, Steve Ditko.

Yea...villain or not the point is he is crazy and could be both at different times I guess you could say.

I have to admit my first time seeing the Creeper was in that Batman episode. But after reading stuff about him I am not completely sure. Seems he is a bit of both. What confuses me most is why on wikipedia says that one of his affiliations was The Secret Society of Super Villains.

Who knows? :O

Hey there ya'll, just figured Id help clarify things a little here since I'm a huge fan of the character and I might as well put that to some positive use :). No the Creeper isn't a villain he might have the odd bout of mental instability, but his moral compass is set in the right direction.
The confusion about his status in the hero/villain department stems mostly from the medias attitude toward him ( much like Spider-man) and it's not surprising considering his appearance and general behavior, because of this both hero and villain alike are left scratching their head when considering him on the rostra. Understandably the Secret Society slipped up with this issue as well, basing his eligibility to join on his negative reputation.
Having been offered membership under the notion that he was a fully fledged evildoer ( by Star Sapphire of all people), the Creeper accepted recruitment into the society as a ploy to infiltrate the group and defeat them from within (either that or to hit on the scantily clad woman whos just approached him in the rain, I'm not sure). Anyway the general point is that he tends to play that angle somewhat leaving him seeming ambiguous in both enemy and ally's mind in terms of moral stand point. This in turn adds to the level of unpredictability he possesses since criminals cant be sure how he'll play things ( especially since he's more lax about the odd bad guy winding up dead, though never at his hands) , but no matter how perceived hes always been portrayed as a hero ( maybe not a very good one, but still).

Hope that helps somewhat since, like I said, I'm a huge fan of the yellow loon and should you want anything else explained about him I'm sadly more than qualified *sigh* ( its sadder that I could probably quote issue numbers too ).

Thanks for reading
~*M'Lady*~

Wow. Great, we found a fan of The Creeper. Thanks for clarifying stuff for us. Especially me...that whole affiliaton to the society really confused me. :p :up:

Hey there ya'll, just figured Id help clarify things a little here since I'm a huge fan of the character and I might as well put that to some positive use :). No the Creeper isn't a villain he might have the odd bout of mental instability, but his moral compass is set in the right direction.
The confusion about his status in the hero/villain department stems mostly from the medias attitude toward him ( much like Spider-man) and it's not surprising considering his appearance and general behavior, because of this both hero and villain alike are left scratching their head when considering him on the rostra. Understandably the Secret Society slipped up with this issue as well, basing his eligibility to join on his negative reputation.
Having been offered membership under the notion that he was a fully fledged evildoer ( by Star Sapphire of all people), the Creeper accepted recruitment into the society as a ploy to infiltrate the group and defeat them from within (either that or to hit on the scantily clad woman whos just approached him in the rain, I'm not sure). Anyway the general point is that he tends to play that angle somewhat leaving him seeming ambiguous in both enemy and ally's mind in terms of moral stand point. This in turn adds to the level of unpredictability he possesses since criminals cant be sure how he'll play things ( especially since he's more lax about the odd bad guy winding up dead, though never at his hands) , but no matter how perceived hes always been portrayed as a hero ( maybe not a very good one, but still).

Hope that helps somewhat since, like I said, I'm a huge fan of the yellow loon and should you want anything else explained about him I'm sadly more than qualified *sigh* ( its sadder that I could probably quote issue numbers too ).

Thanks for reading
~*M'Lady*~

............i think i'm in love:hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt::hrt:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"