Is the Uncut Version of DBZ really "that" much better than the edits...?

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
First of, there is no doubt that the original Japanese DBZ is amazing! Well I started thinking about it after I wanted to start buying the whol DBZ saga recently. I want to buy the Sayian Conflict box set but learned that it was edited and the revies blasted the edited verisons and florifed the uncut ones: Reviews can be found here from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B00000ICEY/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-0289507-3835859?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=404272

I havent see the ucnut versions so I dont know, aftrer all this people praised it, I soon went to read reviews of the dvd's and learned that some of theepisodes were sort of like fillers, andmight not have been needed. Also wouldnt the dragging on episodes be even more dragged out (But not as boring) reviewsalso say that they are "OK"

So whats the deal? Are they pretty much the same or are they extremelys imilar. Or are the Vegeta Saga dvd's also not as good as teh Original Uncut Japanese....???

boywonder13 said:
First of, there is no doubt that the original Japanese DBZ is amazing! Well I started thinking about it after I wanted to start buying the whol DBZ saga recently. I want to buy the Sayian Conflict box set but learned that it was edited and the revies blasted the edited verisons and florifed the uncut ones: Reviews can be found here from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B00000ICEY/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-0289507-3835859?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=404272

I havent see the ucnut versions so I dont know, aftrer all this people praised it, I soon went to read reviews of the dvd's and learned that some of theepisodes were sort of like fillers, andmight not have been needed. Also wouldnt the dragging on episodes be even more dragged out (But not as boring) reviewsalso say that they are "OK"

So whats the deal? Are they pretty much the same or are they extremelys imilar. Or are the Vegeta Saga dvd's also not as good as teh Original Uncut Japanese....???

Well in dbz i dont think there really is much diffrence, but for other animes like YYH it is very different from the edit.

The original uncut version is way better than the edited one. In the editied one they mess around way too much with the voices and the script, the take out way too much scenes. The cut out all the good stuff, like the good hits and destructible ki blasts. And the worst part is the make the blood into sweat. The color the red blood, whit, making it look like sweat. Also sometimes when the hit their opponents really hard in the gut a whole bunch of blood bursts out of their mouths. They don't show that in the edited version. Plus the uncut version is really uncut, they show nudity and some sex. You have to check it out. Your not a true DBZ fan until youve witnessed real DBZ action. :up:

thechosen_1 said:
The original uncut version is way better than the edited one. In the editied one they mess around way too much with the voices and the script, the take out way too much scenes. The cut out all the good stuff, like the good hits and destructible ki blasts. And the worst part is the make the blood into sweat. The color the red blood, whit, making it look like sweat. Also sometimes when the hit their opponents really hard in the gut a whole bunch of blood bursts out of their mouths. They don't show that in the edited version. Plus the uncut version is really uncut, they show nudity and some sex. You have to check it out. Your not a true DBZ fan until youve witnessed real DBZ action. :up:

There is no sex in DBZ at all maybe your thinking about other anime's

thechosen_1 said:
rofl :p i have all the uncuts on dvd etc... the most ive seen nudity wise is a babies penis :/ Basically what the edits for dbz did was blot out what little blood that was in the show already. Now with the new UNCUTS theres a pretty good bit of new footage that was never released stateside I think they cut out like 10-20 episodes originally and spliced them together.. But all in all I had the patience to wait for the redubbed/re released vegeta sagas and Im happy with them I would go for the new ones Dont buy the old box sets its not worth it in my opinion... btw... I have a stupid db/z related question.... In dragonball Piccolo's blood is red But in DragonBallZ its purple... whats up with that?

I've only seen the first season uncut. I never saw the first season edited. But I would say that the uncut version was awesome. I became a DBZ fan during the Freeza saga which I saw edited. I hope they continue and make the other english seasons uncut.

D.Rex said:
I've only seen the first season uncut. I never saw the first season edited. But I would say that the uncut version was awesome. I became a DBZ fan during the Freeza saga which I saw edited. I hope they continue and make the other english seasons uncut.

all of dbz is uncut already except for the saiyan/namek sagas

the funimation releases of captain ginyu+ are all uncut on dvd

Where I live Cartoon Network did an uncut version for a couple of months last year starting at the first ep and ending with the fight were Goku knocks out Recoome.Before that I had never seen those episodes. I had only seen from Freeza on. Cool I about the DVDs. I'll have to check some out. I only own two DBZ Dvds. What I orginally meant though was I hope they continue with that uncut version on television.

D.Rex said:
Where I live Cartoon Network did an uncut version for a couple of months last year starting at the first ep and ending with the fight were Goku knocks out Recoome.Before that I had never seen those episodes. I had only seen from Freeza on. Cool I about the DVDs. I'll have to check some out. I only own two DBZ Dvds. What I orginally meant though was I hope they continue with that uncut version on television.

They stopped at goku vs recoome because thats when funimation took over.

heh it must suck going from the new funimation dbz dubs to the old funimation dbz dubs :x i remember when they used to completely change the script during the freeza saga.. they might as well redub the whole freeza saga too just to make it up to par with the rest of the series.

I just got the first four volumes of the eidted DBZ. The episodes don't suck they are pretty good. I dont see why people complain.

Tihs was the DBZ that alot of fans first saw and got them hooked

I liked alot of the voices in the pioneer version better than funi.. piccolo was better and so was vegeta

The original translated voices?Vegeta and Piccolo was better,that is certain.But i would also have to go with Goku and Gohan.

I would have to say no.CN still has a lease on Dragonball,and they will show ot.Same show,different package.But it diddent really do that well,since it was taken off the air,people have had enough of DBZ.

The only way i can see it uncut is through the subitiled version,or a different language dub.

Just saw Bardock The Father of Goku.

Uncut it has Goku's baby privates and also some blood.The only dramaticeffect the blood had was when he soaked the cloth with the blooid of his friends and than wore it aroudn his head.

tear!

Thats probably the best movie out of all of them in my opinion.

Yeah, it was pretty good! I thihnk the fight scnees could have been expaneded on a little bit more.

I also just got arrival and almost finished watchign it. Good! ANyways it weired how this DVD has no menu. This is like the old school DVD! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"