Is there a comic where superman is the only super powered being in the series?

Luke234

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not a comic reader but have read a few here and there. I enjoy the artwork but comics from any company seem to get over saturated with so many characters and there are just too many stories to cover to GET the whole story. Especially when I hear there are alternate worlds like in the Flash show.
I'm very much more a visual tv/ movie guy but I would enjoy a superman where he's the only hero vs. alien attacks and such.
When I asked at a comic store the woman said that stuff doesn't exist but I figured with so many maybe she just didn't know of one. Anyone?

Not that I know of. Maybe those Earth One Graphic Novels?

There's a bunch and usually they're origin books, Elseworlds (DCs version of the What if? comics from Marvel where anything can happen since they aren't canon) or insane and terrifying.

There's Superman: Birthright, (Origin), Superman Secret Identity (Elseworld), a bunch of other alternate takes on origin books like Earth One.

Then there's my personal favorite which is insane, terrifying and makes no sense whatsoever. It's called Superman at Earths End. Please don't read that. Here's a hint as to why you shouldn't.

superman.png

Yes, that is Superman looking like Santa Claus holding a massive gun bigger than he is and yes he does kill people with it. Specifically Hitler. Two Hitlers. Really.

I think it's a bit of a fool's errand to think you could get the "whole story" given close to 8 decades of published books. If you mean are there solo, contained Superman stories... Uh, yeah, of course there are.

I considered Superboy-Prime, which led me to DC Comics Presents #87. Problem is that Superman discovers that world and so there are two super-people.

Earth-Prime only ever had Superboy until multiversal stories started connecting him to the bigger picture that is the DCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"