First Avenger Is this the same costume or 2 different costumes?

They may seem like they are but there are subtle difference. For all intents and purposes, the one the right seems as if is styled after the one on the left.

Isn't the fact that the Braces/Suspenders are identical, right down to the buckles and metal end tabs on the straps, a strike against the modern suit theory. The seams on the chest piece are identical. Why keep the seams on the modern suit?
Are there minor differences?.... absolutely....... the original concept art was altered as production decisions selected or discarded features, and period materials were used in fabrication, but at the end of the day the design is exactly the same.

The costume on the right is obviously the modern day...just look at the design of it. It has a much more "futuristic" appearance to it...while the other just screams WWII.

Isn't the fact that the Braces/Suspenders are identical, right down to the buckles and metal end tabs on the straps, a strike against the modern suit theory. The seams on the chest piece are identical. Why keep the seams on the modern suit?
Are there minor differences?.... absolutely....... the original concept art was altered as production decisions selected or discarded features, and period materials were used in fabrication, but at the end of the day the design is exactly the same.

Exactly what I said! :woot:

They seem like the same costume.

At a glance they share most of the same basic elements, sure, but a closer look shows a lot of differences that, in terms of design, would seperate the 2 by several decades.

I believe one is the WWII version, and the other is the modern day version.

They may seem like they are but there are subtle difference . For all intents and purposes, the one the right seems as if is styled after the one on the left.

We are talking a difference of 70 years....1941 to 2010, does it make sense that the changes would be subtle?
Now if your talking differences between approved concept art and the suit in practice, subtle fits very nicely.

We are talking a difference of 70 years....1941 to 2010, does it make sense that the changes would be subtle?
Now if your talking differences between approved concept art and the suit in practice, subtle fits very nicely.

Yes, subtle changes would make sense if S.H.I.E.L.D. goes in with a 'if it aint broke' sensibility to the costume that [presumably] is in disrepair when Steve is found. They've just updated the materials and made minor changes, which is pretty much common sense.

Here's a better [if crude] side by side comparison of various aspects:-

capcomp1.png

As I said, subtle differences but differences all the same. Stylistic differences that suggest a more modern aesthetric, for a more contemporary costume.

At a glance they share most of the same basic elements, sure, but a closer look shows a lot of differences that, in terms of design, would seperate the 2 by several decades.

What Wobbly said.

Brian Braddock, you just chopped up Captain America:wow:

Surfer

All's fair in love and war when you're trying to prove a point.

Anyways, I'm Captain Britain - I've got to eliminate the competion. :D

Unless the action figure is for the avengers, then The first concept suit we got is the suit he'll wear in the movie. However chris said that there will be several suits inthe film so the best guess is that he wears both. The first suit which will be the more comics accurate suit, will be the one he uses in the uso show then when he arrives in the battlefield he'll use the one in the new concept art.

As the story progresses he will make updates and add bits of armor like the shoulder pads ultimately by the third act using the more modern looking suit. Its logical that if the costume of the action figure is for this movie then that will be his final suit in it.

Does indeed seem"WWII & MD Costumes"to me too,I sure love both either way!.

This actually is a Marvel Press release photo of CAP:
Cap.jpg

I still feel that they are 2 seperate costumes and the design of the Captain America Toy seems to prove that to me. It has the cuffed boots and long gloves and textured shoulder brace/pads... while this production art has short gloves, regular combat boots and no shoulderpads to be seen.

This actually is a Marvel Press release photo of CAP:
Cap.jpg

I'll say again like I did in the other thread (cause I like to give people a chance to defend, correct and/or realize error): source please?

I thought that was a photo maniputlation that surfaced a while ago... right after Chris Evans was cast. No way that is official.

Unless the action figure is for the avengers, then The first concept suit we got is the suit he'll wear in the movie. However chris said that there will be several suits inthe film so the best guess is that he wears both. The first suit which will be the more comics accurate suit, will be the one he uses in the uso show then when he arrives in the battlefield he'll use the one in the new concept art.

As the story progresses he will make updates and add bits of armor like the shoulder pads ultimately by the third act using the more modern looking suit. Its logical that if the costume of the action figure is for this movie then that will be his final suit in it.

There is absolutely no way the "modern" suit concept is assembled ad hoc by Rogers.

LOL, official pic from Marvel. That's great. the funny part is, he's one of many who believe that.

I need the wings. It just doesn't work for me without the Wings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"