Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

1:The Avengers
2:The Incredible Hulk
3:Iron Man
4:Captain America
5:Iron Man 2
6:Thor

For me, IM still hold it's place as the finest Marvel Movie thus far. 9/10 but Thor does not miss the mark by much, I would score it as 8.5/10. An exceptionally well made film, with stellar performances by all the primary cast members.

Very much looking forward to Thor :Dark World. They are going to have a hard time topping the original.

As a big Hulk fan,I have to go with TIH.I think it's about as good a Hulk film as I could've hoped for.:bh:

What made Thor so interesting was that it was a marvel character that was not well known, wasnt like had a cartoon or made any appearences in any of the cartoons like the 90s spiderman ..which made it interesting since if u didn't read comic you really didn't know about him

Another thing that made it so interesting was how flamboyant and imaginative Marvel's version of Thor is. And yet, it was perfectly translated into a movie. That is why I don't like how the majority of the movie was on Earth. But that couldn't fixed for the sake of the story. The Asgard scenes were easily some of the best parts of the movie.

My Updated rankings -

{1} Avengers.
{2} Iron Man
{3} Thor
{4} The Incredible Hulk
{5} Iron Man 2
{6} Captain America.

Just out of curiosity, why do a lot of you guys ranking CA the lowest? The corniness is what made one of my favorites.

Just out of curiosity, why do a lot of you guys ranking CA the lowest? The corniness is what made one of my favorites.
Captain America was ok I guess nothing that really stands to get my interest for repeated viewings in fact I still have a soft spot for the 1990's low budget Cap movie.

I'm actually quite surprised that Thor is even close to Iron man on the poll, let alone winning. When I watched the first Iron Man movie it really blew me away + Robert Downey Jr's role in the movie enabled Iron Man to seem more relate able as a human. Thor on the other hand acted as if he had a stick up his ash, and that is why I voted for Iron Man.

I rank Thor and Iron Man 1 equally. I can't really choose between them.

Thor: What I love about this movie is the non-Earth scenes. Being a fan of mythology, I was very keen to see how the movie would show me what I have only been imagining when reading the mythology books. I am aware that the movie is based on the comic books which I have not read but I was still fascinated to see what the live action of the myth would look like. I was disappointed with Clash of the Titans. Thor, I enjoyed very much. The Earth scenes were okay, but I usually skip these scenes when I watch the blu ray. I love Asgard, Jotenheim, Ygdrassil. I love all the scenes with the Asgardians, particularly Thor Loki and Odin. I love the family dynamics. I wish there were more.

Iron Man: Again, not having read the comics, I was more interested in how they are going to show the iron man suit. I enjoyed the scenes in the cave, when Stark is building and testing his suits, JARVIS, whenever the suit is in action.

I am not a fan of romance in action movies so I didn't enjoy the Thor/Jane or Tony/Pepper scenes.

Both villains in the films are amazing but I would place Loki higher since I find this Loki sympathetic. I like my villains to be ambiguous. I want to be kept guessing. There has to be more motivation to a villain other than greed.

I'm actually quite surprised that Thor is even close to Iron man on the poll, let alone winning. When I watched the first Iron Man movie it really blew me away + Robert Downey Jr's role in the movie enabled Iron Man to seem more relate able as a human. Thor on the other hand acted as if he had a stick up his ash, and that is why I voted for Iron Man.

That just means you like Iron Man's character, because that's a part of Thor's personality in the movies AND comics.

I didn't get the impression that Thor "had a stick up his ash". I am not sure the phrase is correctly being used here. My understanding of the phrase is when someone is being very strict or conservative, does not know how to have fun.

Thor certainly knew how to have fun. Didn't he and Selvig get drunk? Then in the deleted scenes he and Selvig were drunkenly singing while walking down the streets?

Just finished watching Thor(I've lost track of the number) and it still remains my favorite of the Phase One movies, minus The Avengers obviously.

I am so amped for T:TDW! I hope it really is going to be a cosmic fantasy ride and absolutely mind blowing. Iron Man as a whole has a very dramatic storyline but it lost it's way midway through IM2 and that's why I feel Thor is the best solo story to date. I am just so pumped and don't want to be dissapointed in Phase 2, and I don't think I will either.

Is "Phase One" what Marvel Studios official calls the first films? Or is just a fan name?

What made Thor so interesting was that it was a marvel character that was not well known, wasnt like had a cartoon or made any appearences in any of the cartoons like the 90s spiderman ..which made it interesting since if u didn't read comic you really didn't know about him

I agree with you that Thor is not so widely known. But he did have an animated show in the 60's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q631uZ6DQzg

How widely known is Norse mythology? See I knew about the Norse myth first before I knew about the comics. So for those who didn't know the comics but only knows the myth, the Thor movie might be interesting to them.

Depends on where you are Lei.
The U.S. is pretty open to anything lol

{1} Avengers.
{1} Iron Man
{1} The Incredible Hulk
{2} Thor
{3} Iron Man 2
{4} Captain America.

Just watched Thor for the first time in a long time and I still love this movie, Avengers hasnt stood up to repeat viewings too much for me, but Thor does this no problem, so (and I never thought I would ever say this, as a Hulk and big Whedon fan) I actually think Thor is still number 1 for with the Marvel movies.

1. The Avengers
2. Thor (Like AVEITWITHJAMON, I seem to enjoy Thor more with every viewing, but that's not the case with the Avengers, and I've watched both films the same number of times, so it might overtake the Avengers)
3. Iron Man 2
4. Iron Man
5. Captain America
6. The Incredible Hulk

^I havent watched TA any were near as many times as Thor, yet I still find myself enjoying Thor more still, I just think Thor has a deeper emotional core to it which gets you more involved in the story.

^I havent watched TA any were near as many times as Thor, yet I still find myself enjoying Thor more still, I just think Thor has a deeper emotional core to it which gets you more involved in the story.

Agreed. I was going to say I was going to cut TA a little slack, since there are so many characters to bring together. But there are a lot of characters in Thor1, too.

1. Iron Man
2. The Avengers
3. Captain America
4. Iron Man 2
5. Thor
6. The Incredible Hulk

So no.

I voted for TIH, because this poll was posted before Cap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"