Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by antonydelfini, May 3, 2011.

?

Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?

1. THOR

2. THE INCREDIBLE HULK

3. IRON MAN

4. IRON MAN 2

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

Exactly. Some of those scenes just needed more room to breathe. The beginning especially I think could've benefited from another 3 or 4 min of backstory before jumping into the "passing of the crown" scene.

2. hugekent

hugekent Well-Known Member

Didn't quite pip Iron Man for me, but it was sure close.

3. The Morningstar

The Morningstar Well-Known Member

Yea i'd put it just behind the first Iron Man. It's vastly superior to IM2 and TIH.

4. Zionite

Zionite Well-Known Member

Thor is the one for me.I see it to be as good as the Dark Knight

5. kirbyfan

kirbyfan Well-Known Member

I haven't seen Thor yet, but what I've already seen let's me know that I like it better than all the others.

For me Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk are equal, both very good movies, two of Marvels best. I want to remind people of the first Blade movie, that's a Marvel movie as well so I would include it as another one of their best.

IM2 was a waste, I like the directors cut of Daredevil and FF42 better!

Thor's the one though, I'm going to get a 46 inch HD flat screen and blu ray player now because they are finally doing the kind of characters I really want to see. You have to have blu ray for movies like Thor and Green Lantern!

Now if someone would just do the New Gods!

6. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I've yet to see, it so I'm not going to vote yet. However, I'm going to evaluate Thor on it's own terms. Just as the Thor comics were very different from the Iron Man comics (excluding Avengers and crossovers), Thor and Iron Man are likely to be very different in tone.

I think the first Iron Man, was exactly what Iron Man should be, a futurist. Now let's be honest about believablility in comics, none of them are believable. But Iron Man to me feels the most "believable" because they didn't try to make some dystopian city, ala Batman Begins. It was very much set in the real world, and dealt with real issues like terrorism, and weapons in the hands of terrorists, which was far more contemporary than anything delt with in any other Superhero move.

I don't at all expect Thor to do that. It has to work on it's own terms, so to put it on that scale would be futile. Honestly anyone comparing Thor to the Dark Knight needs to have their head examined. Two totally polar opposites.

7. kirbyfan

kirbyfan Well-Known Member

Tony Stark, you can compare them as to their quality though. How good of a movie they are, which one gave you the more entertaining experience. Which one met your expectations.

From what I've seen, Thor is going to do that for me, I can't wait!

8. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

You can compare them in the sense that they're both comic book/superhero movies and which you as a viewer enjoyed more. It WILL undoubtedly lead to a TDK debate hijacking the thread if not watched closely, though.

For myself, I enjoyed Thor 1000% more but then I'd rank just about any superhero film above TDK; even ones that have vastly poorer production value like Catwoman & Elektra(hey, they suck ass, sure but at least they never did the cinematic equivalent of peeing on my leg while trying to convince me it's raining).

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  9. DavidRocky

DavidRocky Member

Thor is the best for me.With Iron Man a close second.

10. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i like thor more than the other superhero most of the superhero movies that came out. i loved seeing cyclops using his optic blast in x-men, i loved seeing the silver surfer flying on his board and leaving earth's orbit. thor and the green lantern are the movies though i really wanted to see.

thor if the best marvel film for me so far, im sure avengers might come close, though seeing asgard and all that stuff was the best part for me. i know in the avengers it will probably not show asgard, so thor might still be the best marvel film for me. i just like the character more than iron man, cap, and the hulk. so it's a no brainer for me, thor is the best so far.

11. elsewhere

elsewhere The Dark Knight

Iron Man still remains my favorite.

12. paulogonza

paulogonza Well-Known Member

IM still the best, but Thor is great too and i like TIH too

13. Superhero 101

i'd say
    1.Iron Man
    2. Thor/The Incredible Hulk
    3.Iron Man 2

14. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

Id put Thor over Iron Man, which I always felt was a bit overrated. I enjoyed it more.

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  15. Sgt.Pepper

Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

I enjoyed both of them equally but if I have to choose, then I would pick Iron Man over Thor. But by an inch.

16. The Riddler

The Riddler WITH NEW MATERIAL

iron man far above thor. i would say it's:

1. iron man
    2. incredible hulk
    3. thor
    4. iron man 2

also, i laugh at the notion thor is a better film than tdk. but i guess anyone is allowed an opinion, regardless of how asinine it is.

17. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

He also said that "Elektra" and "Catwoman" are better than TDK, and you chose to laugh at him saying Thor is better TDK?

18. kedrell

I laugh at the notion that TDK is in any way shape or form a good movie. But as you said, I don't begrudge anyone from the right to have an opinion that makes no sense.

19. kedrell

Do not think that I was saying Catwoman or Elektra are good movies. They aren't. But at least they aren't runing a con on the audience.

20. The Morningstar

The Morningstar Well-Known Member

Well said. The Dark Knight is pretentious, overwraught twaddle that thinks it's more than your average superhero movie... but actually has more plot contrivances and corny, exposition heavy dialogue that a lot of other more stereotypical superhero movies. Plus is just isn't fun to watch, it's a chore to get through.

/End rant.

21. kedrell

I'll respond, but in PM's as I don't want this thread to become another TDK debate.

22. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I actually like TDK, but I have to agree that it is quite a chore to get through.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  23. Zionite

Zionite Well-Known Member

Second d this opinion.It took me 2 viewings to understand what the fuss was about.Thor only took one

24. conan69

conan69 Cimmerian

Ill take a film that attempts to say something and may fail, over a film that gives me nothing to think about anyday. Unfortunately, not only most superhero films, but most films in general are brainless, and dumb, and thats why I watch so few movies and dont watch any television except whats really on premium channels(since they have the freedom to deal with more weighty issues).

Superheroes are really mythology - Superman, Batman,etc.. these characters often deal with themes that go way back through classic storytelling. They dont have to be dumb action films.

Yes TDK has plotholes and it isnt perfect, but it deals with themes I find interesting.

25. El Payaso

El Payaso Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is demanding as a movie. Nothing wrong with that unless you can't/don't want to go through it.