Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by antonydelfini, May 3, 2011.

?

Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?

1. THOR

2. THE INCREDIBLE HULK

3. IRON MAN

4. IRON MAN 2

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Drizzle There's no knowing where we're rowing

I liked TIH a lot. I just feel like the others were better. Iron Man 2 only slightly edges it out for me. But I'd say that so far, Marvel has been batting 1000 with these. This just puts more pressure on Captain America, but judging from the trailer, I'm sure it'll kick all kinds of ass.

2. kguillou Registered

I dont get it..why is everybody hating on incredible hulk? what didnt peoplle like about it?

3. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

personally I think it was all style no substance, sure it was a great action film, and it was extreamly awesome having emil blonsky/Abomination appear finally, and hulk smash and all that, but it seemed (to me atl east) to lack that charm that thor or the iron man films had, tho in no way do i think its a "bad" movie

4. kguillou Registered

Thats a fair argument but...there was a lot of human drama in there too with Bruce and Betty's relationship and his struggling with the hulk. I dunno, i thought it balanced drama and action quite well.

5. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

First off, I don't think Marvel Studios has put out a bad movie. Sure TIH will probably be the least successful of the bunch, but that's mainly because it had the baggage of Ang's horrible film. I think Marvel screwed up pinning TIH as a pseudo sequel/reboot, rather than just come out and flat out say (this has nothing to do with the other film). They screwed up by initially trying to get Bana and Connelly to come back. They should have never entertained that thought, but they were trying to half appease fans of Ang's film, what few there were.

Having said that TIH is an enjoy to watch every time I veiw it. The Rio rooftop chase was way better than the one in Fast 5, IMO. More action, and a real enemy, no Absorbing Dad. By the way I remember when AICN broke the news of Absorbing Dad, and the Ang lee apologists swore that it was a lie, and said that Talbot was the main villian and it would be Hulk battling the military. Then we got Absorbing Dad, and you didn't hear a peep out of those folks.

Anyway I digress....you can have arguments all day long about which film is better, the fact is every single one of the Marvel Studio films is of the highest quality and taken seriously. No half ass treatment like the Fantastic Four movies. No pissing off the fan base ala Hulk and X3.

Thor fits right in with the MCU films, and it's more than worth the price of admission. Iron Man is my favorite of the bunch, but I'm biased because Iron Man has always been my favorite Marvel character. I've been going by the Tony Stark handle when this site was Spider-man hype! But also because it was the first of the Marvel Studios films, and it was groundbreaking.

I know it drives some people nuts how the continuity connects all these films, but that's exactly what Marvel has been about. It's been done descretely and allowing each of these films to feel like a self contained entity. Downey's cameo in TIH, does not distract from the fact it's a great movie in it's own right. Same can be said of Hawkeye in Thor.

6. Rac Deadite

Iron Man > TIH > Thor > IM2

7. kguillou Registered

Well said Tony Stark. Fully agree. I was slightly disappointed with IM 2 but that doesnt take away from the fact that it was still an above average super hero film. Marvel has put a lot of effort and time into these films and it shows. I think Captain America is going to kick ass and Avengers will be a huge success. People are already in love with Thor and Ironman. Now all marvel has to do is sell the public on Cap and Avengers will be a surefire smash success.

8. MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Holy crap Thor is winning! I would've never predicted that judging from the trailers.

Can't wait to see this poll with Captain America added. Should be interesting.

9. kguillou Registered

Not that it matters or anything but im noticing that its rating on rottentomaties is steadily declining. Couple days ago Thor was at 92% and now its at 79%....which means that there are more and more people coming out of this movie not liking it....whats going on here?!? lol Again not that it matters but this is perplexing given the critical acclaim this has garnered so far.

10. The Morningstar Registered

THe strangest thing about it is, the percentage has gone down, but the actual rating hasn't really changed.

11. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Thor's my favourite Marvel film by a small margin over Iron Man.

12. TX85 Registered

same!

13. J.Howlett Guest

Iron Man > Thor...and are there other films?

14. kguillou Registered

I think its kind of indicating that people overseas liked this much more than americans have..at least so far. The rate its going tho, i think by the end of the box office weekend it'll prolly be at 75%.

15. TX85 Registered

you do know Iron Man 2 and TIH are part of the MCU right?

16. The Morningstar Registered

17. TX85 Registered

I hate sarcasm!:(

18. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Iron Man
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    The Incredible Hulk

19. Big Lob Registered

Hulk is not a compelling lead in a major motion picture and that's why I can't get behind his movies. Iron Man 2 got bogged down in a character study people didn't need or want.

Iron Man does suffer from bait and switch (from fighting terrorists to an evil business man), but I still think it's the best. Thor is the second best.

JMO.

20. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Captain America pending, of course (I have a feeling Cap will end up being my favorite but...I'm biased, he is my guy!):

Thor - 4.5/5
    Iron Man - 4/5
    The Incredible Hulk - 4/5
    Iron Man 2 - 3/5

Iron Man I like more than TIH (but not by that much). I liked Thor most, though.

21. The Morningstar Registered

Yea you know what? I'm gonna raise this above Iron Man. After seeing it again, Loki just elevates this to a whole nother level, for me.

Yes, Hemsworth is great. He really is Thor. But honestly, Hiddleston's performance as Loki wouldn't look out of place in an Oscar bait period drama or a West End theater production.

Stane was great in Iron Man, don't get me wrong. I mean, it's the Dude!!!! But yea, Hiddleston's Loki... best comic book villain ever in my opinion.

22. batman44 Go Speed GO

Thor probably is my favorite so far, but I don't want to vote as I've only seen it once and I've seen the others enough to let those films really sink in.

23. Wolverine1988 Registered

It's a toss up between Iron Man and Thor, both are awesome films.

I think i would choose Thor by a hair just because i loved Chris Hemsworth performance

24. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Oh it is so close between Thor and Iron Man. I'll have to see Thor again, just a fun, nice, tight Marvel adventure story. They all have been at this point, but Thor and Iron Man exceptionally so.

25. Wolverine1988 Registered

Oh yeah and you know what the public likes? What are you a reporter for E Network?

You obviously get defensive when people dislike IM2 so you pull that "The public liked it" horse****. You don't know what the public likes, just because you and several of your friends liked it, doesn't make it the public. I thought Iron Man 2 was a mess and bad movie , and so did the four other people i was with think, doesn't mean iam gonna say the public think it's badYeah sure the movie made a decent amount of money, but lets not get into the argument of movies that weren't good making alot of money ad vice versa.

Same thing with "Critics liked it" Who gives a **** if critics liked it doesn't make it a definitive good movie.