Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Discussion in 'Thor' started by antonydelfini, May 3, 2011.

?

Which Marvel Studios movie is the best?

1. THOR

2. THE INCREDIBLE HULK

3. IRON MAN

4. IRON MAN 2

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 8wid Registered

All of the Marvel Studios' films have been weak so far, but Thor is definitely the best.

2. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Well you can simply check CinemaScore which is exit polling. Also RT's audience rating % is pretty good. You seem to be the one who's getting defensive that people might actually have liked a film that you didn't. In any case, I don't give a s***.

3. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I for one am certain they haven't.

4. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah we had to do that lastnight for Paramount. We called them with the totals when the people left.

5. Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Indeed, even if you found any of these movies (or even all of them) underwhelming, disappointing, mediocre, etc.. there's no way any of them are bad. I personally, have loved them all. I just love IM and Thor a level more than TIH and IM2.

6. Isildur´s Heir Registered

Wow, talking about a biased poll....

Ang Lee´s Hulk is still the best Marvel movie so far

7. BigThor God of Thunder

^ *sigh*

This poll is about Marvel Studios films and Ang Lee's Hulk was NOT a Marvel Studios film.

Oh and there's nothing biased about thiking those films are better than Ang's because most people actually do.

8. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

What does Ang Lee's Hulk have to do with Marvel Studios films?

9. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

You're getting a little overly defensive too...how about taking a deep breath and settling down?

10. dru-zod2501 Registered

Even though I like the character Iron Man more than Thor, I'd have to say Thor was the best of the new crop of Marvel movies to date, and this is coming from someone who loved IM2

11. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I we ever do indeed get an extended cut with the missing footage, I could easily see this rising in my MCU ranking. At it's heart that's the only thing I truly think is flawed about it. We needed more.

12. S.A.A.D. Registered

Thor
    Ironman
    The Incredible Hulk
    Ironman 2

13. Isildur´s Heir Registered

First, my bad, i didn´t saw the Studios part only the Marvel.

Second, i called it biased because there was only 4 options (look at the answer above)

Third, Ang Lee´s Hulk is light years better than any Marvel movie made so far
    Was it pefect? No, but i was the only movie that actually understood the character and made a movie about his inner struggle.
    There was some diferences with the comic, hence the all "it wasn´t perfect", but when it comes to "what is Hulk", it got it perfectly.
    Not many can say the same, not even Nolan´s Batman, which is, imo, the best comic book movie so far (the second, not the first).

14. Shazam Registered

Just saw it!! Blown away!!

And he twirled the Hammer!!! Outstanding!!

15. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

There can only be 4 options because there have only been 4 Marvel Studios movies.

It's also a safe bet that Ang Lee's Hulk would not win any poll if it were included. :oldrazz:

16. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I'm VERY happy with all the times he did that too. :D

17. weezerspider Registered

After a few days, I still can't vote. I need to see Thor again and , honestly, I need to see all of the other MCU films again to make a fair judgment. I will say that the Odin/Thor/Loki scenes were probably the best drama scenes in the four films and Loki wasn't one dimensional, which is good, but he needed more screen time. Now as far as films based on a Marvel property, regardless of MCU or not, I don't think anything will ever top Spiderman 2 for me.

18. Blade X Registered

I saw it and I thought it was great. And yes, it is the best Marvel studio movie that has been put out so far.

19. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

This is by far the most Epic of Marvel's films. It's Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Superman all rolled up into one film.

I'm not going to vote on this, because as I said, it's a very different film from Iron Man, even though they share the MCU.

But I definitely agree with what Richard Roeper wrote, that it's the most exciting and thrill packed superhero film since Spider-man 2.

20. TomPiltoff you are all diseased

Yeah but if it makes a lot of money then it's fair to say the public liked it.

21. Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

If you ask this question in the Iron Man forum you'd be seeing different results, or if you asked it in a few weeks you'd be seeing different results. I say no. The story did not have the flow or tension of Iron Man. It was a good movie, but Iron Man remains to date Marvel Studios' one GREAT movie.

22. Heretic Registered

I think the answer is Iron Man, with Thor a close second.

Thor had SO MUCH more to accomplish, so it rushed several things through (and did a good job of that, in my opinion) while Iron Man had one goal...tell you about Tony Stark and how he became Iron Man. Both movies nailed their characters, and had good humor. Both had slightly underwhelming final battles...but Iron Man simply had less to accomplish...so it could do what it did even better than Thor. Iron Man 2 was a little closer to what Thor had to accomplish plot and character wise, and mostly fell on it's face.

23. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

No, Thor was a GREAT movie in it's own right. Wheather or not it's better, I'll leave to others. Thor was epic in a way that no other Superhero movie has been since the first Superman movie. It was completely Shakespearian, and it's no wonder that Branagh was drawn to want to direct it.

I was blown away by the scope of the movie, and at the same time amazed when I hear people like you completely miss that, as if you watched a different movie.

24. Marvel Registered

Well said as usual. TIH would be right at the top had they not been afraid of another Ang Lee poorly paced film and simply left some of those deleted scenes we've all seen on the DVD in place. Add about 20 minutes of the Bruce/Betty relationship stuff and all the General Ross/Army fleshing out and TIH is a masterpiece. We NEED a director's cut of that film.

Iron Man is an instant classic and Iron Man 2 followed it quite well. Despite some whining by a few individuals, IM2 delivered the goods.

Thor is as good as most are saying.

I'm honestly having trouble pulling the trigger and voting in this poll. Marvel is four for four with all films hitting 8/10 or above. Congrats to them.

25. UltimateJustin The Hype's Black Purist

Other than the first Iron Man, the Marvel Studios efforts don't even feel like movies to me. They are sporadically entertaining commercials for the next down the line. It used to feel like a bigger deal to me when a new hero's world was finally realized on film, and you got to revel in a universe dreamed up for them. Now I practically see the paint dripping off the numbers. I'm in the extreme minority here and I realize most people love this film/Iron Man 2/being dead inside, and I'm sure Thor is going to be a huge success as everyone in my theater enjoyed it and the always interesting same Samuel L. Jackson cameo so if you enjoy these products, my best goes out to you.

#150 UltimateJustin, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011