Is Thor the best Marvel Studios movie so far?

Iron Man
Thor
TIH/IM2

I enjoyed Thor,but seriously,people think it's better than IM ????......give your heads a shake.

Iron Man
Thor
TIH/IM2

I enjoyed Thor,but seriously,people think it's better than IM ????......give your heads a shake.

I don't know if it's better, but it's at least as good, and I don't think I have to shake my head or considermyself a fanboy, or whatever else people are going to use to discount this movie.

You had strong performances from pretty much everyone in this film. Easily the best performance of a Marvel villian, and at the heart of the movie there was a strong morality play that like the first Star Wars movie, just appealed to just about everyone in a very humanistic way.

I still like Iron Man the best.

Thor is my second favorite and when it comes to IM2 and TIH I have a hard time deciding. I usually go with IM2 because of RDJ. To be honest, sometimes I have a hard time watching TIH all the way to the end.

Iron Man 1 is the best of the bunch BY FAR.

As far as quality is concerned: Iron Man > Thor > Iron Man 2 > The Incredible Hulk

As far as my personal preferences go: Iron Man > Iron Man 2 > Thor > The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 1 is the best of the bunch BY FAR.

As far as quality is concerned: Iron Man > Thor > Iron Man 2 > The Incredible Hulk

As far as my personal preferences go: Iron Man > Iron Man 2 > Thor > The Incredible Hulk

For me
Thor > Iron Man 2 > Iron Man > The Incredible Hulk

Iron Man > Thor > TIH/IM2

Iron Man heads Thor by a hair and I will say why and I feel this is why a lot of people may slight IM over Thor (dont shoot just IMO)

I feel that Iron Man was the first true Superhero Film of this last decade that Marvel put out. Yes I know Spidey FF and whatnot but Iron Man was done BY Marvel which as we know says a lot (shame on you Fox :p)

For me it was a fantastic story but the WOW factor played a big part in it as well. I feel going into Thor we were like "ok we got Iron Man lets see it!" Our just sit and watch mentality was kind of skewed by the fact that we already had IM to stack this up against. I feel if Thor was the first of the films to have come out it would maybe of gotten a lot better recognition (not saying that is doesnt have any now) but just....better.

I hope someone on this thread can see my point of view and Im not alone in this ha.

Ive said this before and it will go on with Cap and Avengers, I feel these movies are incredible in their very own unique ways and to compare to some extent is kind of difficult.

Thor is the best directed and most visually stunning of the four films. But the whole concept is just a little too sill for me in some ways and lacks the versimilitude of Iron Man.

My ranking is:

1. Iron Man: 8.5/10
2. Thor: 7/10
3. The Incredible Hulk: 6.5/10
4. Iron Man 2: 6/10

Thor joins Iron Man as one of the few ones I'd call good and highly entertaining.

Iron Man > Thor > TIH/IM2

Iron Man heads Thor by a hair and I will say why and I feel this is why a lot of people may slight IM over Thor (dont shoot just IMO)

I feel that Iron Man was the first true Superhero Film of this last decade that Marvel put out. Yes I know Spidey FF and whatnot but Iron Man was done BY Marvel which as we know says a lot (shame on you Fox :p)

For me it was a fantastic story but the WOW factor played a big part in it as well. I feel going into Thor we were like "ok we got Iron Man lets see it!" Our just sit and watch mentality was kind of skewed by the fact that we already had IM to stack this up against. I feel if Thor was the first of the films to have come out it would maybe of gotten a lot better recognition (not saying that is doesnt have any now) but just....better.

I hope someone on this thread can see my point of view and Im not alone in this ha.

Ive said this before and it will go on with Cap and Avengers, I feel these movies are incredible in their very own unique ways and to compare to some extent is kind of difficult.

I don't know why Marvel doing it makes it necessarily better. I personally think Spider-Man 2 and even Spider-Man 1 are better than the whole of the Marvel Studios label thus far. I think outside of the first Iron Man, Bryan Singer's X-Men movies are better than the lot as well.

One singular universe is cool and Marvel has done them more faithfully, but that doesn't make them better movies. They're better than most superhero films (Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four 2, Ghost Rider, X-Men 3, Wolverine, Catwoman, etc.) but Thor is the first one that felt like it was made by a unique authentic filmmaking voice (Branagh) and even then, I thought IM1 was better.

Iron Man was solid, but the acting was not that great. Downey was just being Downey. Best acting was from The Dude.

Iron Man 2 sucked.

Incredible Hulk...........

Thor was decent. Not great, not crap...just decent. But it's definitely the only Marvel Studios film with the best acting, and for that, it gets the nod just above Iron Man.

Downey "just being Downey" is an ironic statement, considering that was the movie that made him a movie star and created that persona. Before that most people didn't know what "Downey being Downey" was (he was Chaplin, a Wonder Boy, GNAGL, etc. and a recovering drug addict).

I also think IM1 made great use of Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges, but eh. Actually, even the worst of the Marvel Studios movies (IM2 and TIH) still had good acting. Getting top notch talent has not been Marvel's problem. All four films have had stellar casts who usually get wasted (Mickey Rourke, Don Cheadle, Liv Tyler, William Hurt and now Natalie Portman). But while Thor was probably the better directed film, I prefer IM1 because Favreau got so much zany, kinetic energy out of his performers that watching Downey, Paltrow and Bridges was just a joy.

Downey was just being Downey.

Well I disagree but that's neither here nor there. The important point is, was he also being Tony Stark? If so(and I think he was) then who really cares if he had to change or just stay himself to accomplish the role? Same result either way. A faithfully portrayed character on screen.

I feel if Thor was the first of the films to have come out it would maybe of gotten a lot better recognition (not saying that is doesnt have any now) but just....better.

I agree :up:

In terms of most well made films
Thor>Iron Man>TIH>Iron Man 2 ( maybe a tie between tih and im2 )
but when it comes to the most enjoyable films, id say
Thor>Iron Man 2> TIH> Iron Man

^ I think Iron Man 2 is pretty enjoyable as well.

Iron Man & Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

The Marvel studio films are solid..but not "great". Even though i ranked thor and iron man on the same level, Iron Man is the only marvel studio film that comes close to being called "great". Personally, I think its overrated and was a movie that was saved by the perfomances and favs. People hate Iron MAn 2cause of the Avenger tie ins...me....I wouldnt be half as interested in the movie if fury and widow werent around.

But yeah, no Marvel Studio film has come close to equaling or surpassing the likes of Spider-Man 2 and X2. The Avengers has a shot, though.

Call me silly, I enjoyed all the Marvel Studio films! ;)

Iron Man & Thor
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

The Marvel studio films are solid..but not "great". Even though i ranked thor and iron man on the same level, Iron Man is the only marvel studio film that comes close to being called "great". Personally, I think its overrated and was a movie that was saved by the perfomances and favs. People hate Iron MAn 2cause of the Avenger tie ins...me....I wouldnt be half as interested in the movie if fury and widow werent around.

But yeah, no Marvel Studio film has come close to equaling or surpassing the likes of Spider-Man 2 and X2. The Avengers has a shot, though.

The first Iron Man was definitely better than X2, and arguably better than Spider-man 2. X2 was really just a remake of the first one with a larger budget. The plot is pretty much identical.

thats great, tony. now ask me if i care.

if i sound harsh...oh well. I've been reading this thread, and you cant seem to stand the fact that people dont think the same way you do.

Keep in mind that those are both sequels that had good foundations to build upon, Thor pretty much laid the foundation for an epic sequel as well.

Iron man 2 had the great drone fight scene. Thor had the frost giant fight and the thor vs loki battle, TIH had two great battles. What did iron man have? lol. not much. Although, i saw iron man in theatres 4 times, tih once, iron man 2 twice, and so far have seen thor twice

Keep in mind that those are both sequels that had good foundations to build upon, Thor pretty much laid the foundation for an epic sequel as well.

Thor 2 POTENTIALLY being as good as SM2 or X2 really dosent have anything to do with how Thor compares to SM2 or X2.

Not to mention that first movies can be epic. Many people like Superman: The Movie and Batman in comparison to later sequels. In fact, first movies being better than their sequels was usually the norm back in the day.

I never got what anyone saw as so special in those films. I usually chalk it up to fan bias(nothing wrong with having a favorite property) or a bit of nostalgia since we now have a bit of space between where we are now and when they came out. Anyway, glad you liked'em all to one extent or another. In my own way I did as well(though I'd rank'em very differently to suit my own fanboy tastes).

The first Iron Man was definitely better than X2, and arguably better than Spider-man 2. X2 was really just a remake of the first one with a larger budget. The plot is pretty much identical.

This

X2 is highly overrated in my opinion and Spider-Man 2 is overrated as well, but SM2 is alot closer to being as good as people say it is than X2.

They're both very good cmb films but they're not the "end all be all" of cmb films that people make them out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"