Is "V" Gay?

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Aquari0217, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Tangent

Tangent Guest

I don't know about the graphic novel, but as far as the movie version is concerned, I dont believe V was even hinted at being gay. As someone said, i dont get that "vibe" from the character at all, and there was wayyy to much chemistry between him and Evey going on. :D As far as the prisoners of the facility are concerned, I just figured it was a mix of everyone they considered "undesirables", not just homosexuals.

Also, the idea of him being Valerie...I don't buy it....In a comic book world I can see it being like "OMG its really...*dundundun*" ...kinda like the whole Spiderman clone bit, but it'd be too convoluted in the long run. :spidey:

Anyways, besides...as (Edited lol*) Miss Swan would say.... "He looka like a man." :)

/im very very tired lol

2. Manic

Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Ms. Swan. :p

3. Tsunulia

Tsunulia Queen of the Kitties

Ok I read halfway through this thread and I'm gettin tired of the V being Valerie idea. V said himself that he's a DUDE!!!! And I quote-

Evey Hammond: "Who--who are you?"

V: "Who? Who is but the form following the function of what... and what I am is a man in a mask."

Evey Hammond: "I can see that."

V: "Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking on the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."

-end quote.

4. BannanaMan

BannanaMan Guest

judging from the opening speech on the TV, he could have been any of these:

gay
    muslim
    jewish
    other religion
    black
    other race
    already didnt approve of the government

5. Razorbat

Razorbat Registered

We intentionally don't know who or what V is. That's what gives him his power as a symbol; because he could be, and even is, everyone. If you identify with him as being gay, then he's gay. Same goes for black, Muslim, female, Jewish, Atheist, or just a plain old dissenter. V is the part of everyone that is or feels oppressed by those in power.

6. Sandman138

Sandman138 Registered

Yes they did. He was there to make sure that they were being treated "humanely" and he got paid a huge salary to lie about the facility. At least that seemed to be what the journal implied.

7. PhoenixFire

PhoenixFire Registered

I like this.

While I think a very interesting argument can be made for "V is Valerie" those who take the man coming out of the fires at Larkhill as a debunkment of the theory can consider:

V as a person was destroyed. Surridge notes the patient of cell V having no recollection of his previous life, his sole goal becomes vengeance for all of the oppressed.

This destruction of self results in him being, as he likes to trumpet, not a man but an idea. V is the avatar of all that Sutler & Co. have oppressed and destroyed.

He's Valerie, he's muslims, he's even art and expression. He's . . . V.

8. Superhobo

Superhobo Registered

La voie.

La verite.

La vie.

9. Kabuki_Jo

Kabuki_Jo Registered

V's Creedy's worst nightmare...hehehehe.
    To answer the question, no, V's not gay.

10. Imran

Imran Guest

V is not gay. Simple as.

11. thedarks0ldier

thedarks0ldier Registered

You dont know that

12. SickBoy

SickBoy Registered

I could see him being gay. I don't think it matters what he was though. We don't need to know.

13. chosen1

chosen1 Registered

ummmm.... the dude was brushing his hair in the opening scene and they did'nt throw him in one of those lockers because they felt like it...