"Its like a Ferrari without a paint job." Hugh Jackman on the leak

The finished movie is now being screened for journalists so we should start to see comments coming through. I was reassured by Jonathan Ross's twitter as I know he loves both comics and movies.

The 29th April can't come quickly enough for me!

I'll probably like Wolverine more then X1, and probably watch it more often then X1. Does that make it better? Maybe it just makes it more entertaining, but sense movies are to entertain, does that make it better? But to Singers reputation, I don't think there will be an X-men movie made that I like more then X2. It's possible, but...well Fox would have to do something really special, like let go of the rights :)

Whhy is nobody talking about the full helicopter scene on SHH front page? ... where is this discussion! I figured it would be a huge topic by now...

Probably because most have already seen the leak.

Who was screaming for the blob? Listen...maybe not any of us, maybe not anyone on this board...but trust me...the blob fans are out there, and they scream. And Marvel Movies want to fullfill that. Blob wasn't in the other 3 x movies...so they thought they could throw him in here. Whether he belongs or not, idk, i don't care, he's small part, i like the actor, he served his purpose in my opinion.

Blob is a boring minor character that cant work without CGI imo all i wanted to see is deadpool,gambit,sabertooth they packed the film with nobodys who cant act alongside them (Will I Am, the chinese guy, and the amazingly bad Stryker Brian Cox seems a world away from that bland guy they used imo) and the balance of X2 and even X3 was completely lost the movie has that clean studio feel that just stinks for me.

Whhy is nobody talking about the full helicopter scene on SHH front page? ... where is this discussion! I figured it would be a huge topic by now...

Mainly because it's an horrid stream, and not different AT ALL from the leaked one.

Ok, we can talk about it. Does it show Wolverine as "I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice"? 1 Helicopter, 2 Hummers, 1 Mutant...several human guys...dead. It was pretty cool. I mean who doesn't like Hugh Jackman riding around on a motorcycle cutting things up? He is sooo sexy.

It beats the hell out of the Danger Room scene in X3...i really expected more of, idk, actually seeing the Sentinal... That was a scene that looked like a stage shoot.

Of course...being in the Danger Room, maybe that's the point? *shruggs*

Blob is a boring minor character that cant work without CGI imo all i wanted to see is deadpool,gambit,sabertooth they packed the film with nobodys who cant act alongside them (Will I Am, the chinese guy, and the amazingly bad Stryker Brian Cox seems a world away from that bland guy they used imo) and the balance of X2 and even X3 was completely lost the movie has that clean studio feel that just stinks for me.

Danny Huston is an EXCELLENT actor.

Have you seen The Proposition?

*I haven't seen Wolverine yet, but I'm really digging Danny's Stryker from the trailers ALOT more than Brian Cox's.

I haven't seen Danny mess up yet, so let's see.

Blob Guy was awesome in Lost.

He was annoying in 310 to Yuma...but he served his purpose...funny thing is in both those roles he gets stabbed in the throat!

From what I've seen, and considering I don't care for the character the blob, he's fine. But i'm not picky about things i don't care about.

And I liked Danny Huston's Stryker.

Danny Huston is an EXCELLENT actor.

Have you seen The Proposition?

*I haven't seen Wolverine yet, but I'm really digging Danny's Stryker from the trailers ALOT more than Brian Cox's.

I haven't seen Danny mess up yet, so let's see.
I have to say, Huston was great as Stryker. But yeah nothing beats his roll in The Proposition. Huston should play more villains.

I thought Cox was way better then Huston. I was actually looking forward to Huston after seeing him in the trailers but I felt he was very lacking in the leaked version. Maybe it was the writing, but Stryker didn't have nearly as much personality or depth as in X2.

I thought Cox was way better then Huston. I was actually looking forward to Huston after seeing him in the trailers but I felt he was very lacking in the leaked version. Maybe it was the writing, but Stryker didn't have nearly as much personality or depth as in X2.

Look at it this way. After all he's been through: Vietnam, the death of his wife and son, the failed Weapon X experiment and his sore feet I would imagine that made him the bitter old man that he is in X2. Huston's character was just laying the seeds for what is to come.

Huston is not bad, but Cox IS a better actor than him.

Huston is not bad, but Cox IS a better actor than him.

I dissagree. Alot.

All Cox has to show for himself is Michael Mann's MANHUNTER.

That's it.

Danny Huston is great in everything I've see him in - Eden, 30 Days of Night, The Kingdom, The Number 23 and of course - The Proposition.

All Brian Cox has to show for himself is Manhunter. Give me a break.

Last edited:
All Bryan Cox has to show for himself is Manhunter. Give me a break.

What else you got?

I don't consider The Long Kiss Good Night, Troy and Red Eye to be strong displays of his acting skills.

He's always the old British guy (Match Point). Or the old Irish guy (The Boxer). Or the old Scottish guy (Braveheart).

:whatever:

*Anthony Hopkins smoked his Hannibal anyway.

Younger Stryker was a different character then Older Stryker. Younger Stryker acted like a know it all, I'm better then you, type character...older stryker had that, but not as much showing off.

Younger Stryker was a different character then Older Stryker. Younger Stryker acted like a know it all, I'm better then you, type character...older stryker had that, but not as much showing off.

Yeah, Huston's Stryker gives me this diabolical vibe...

"You can live knowing that the woman you loved was hunted down, or you can join me. I promise you will have your revenge."

Cox's Stryker gave me an insane vibe...

"I was piloting black hawk missions in the jungles of North Vietnam when you were suckin on your momma's tit at Woodstock, Kelly. Don't lecture me about war. This already is a war."

The moment I saw the teaser trailer in December with Huston's voiceover, I knew Hood and Jackman had re-invented Stryker.

Hood confirming it in the interviews was no surprise.

What else you got?

I don't consider The Long Kiss Good Night, Troy and Red Eye to be strong displays of his acting skills.

He's always the old British guy (Match Point). Or the old Irish guy (The Boxer). Or the old Scottish guy (Braveheart).

:whatever:

*Anthony Hopkins smoked his Hannibal anyway.

X2, Bourne 1 and 2, 25th Hour, Adaptation, The Escapist is meant to be amazing.

From the realeased stuff Huston just looks bland he may be a good actor but Cox as Stryker just smokes him out of the water when comparing the two. He just doesnt carry a vibe of a hard guy i know its a younger stryker but the seeds of a hard soldier hould be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"