It's Not Nice To Mess With Mother Nature: Hypester Stories Of Wild Life!

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by KRYPTON INC., Jan 28, 2018.

1. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Beautiful, savage, awe inspiring, fascinating, unpredictable... Nature is all that and more. As human beings we sometimes find ourselves rubbing elbows with our fellow inhabitants on this blue/green ball orbiting the sun. So... What kind of stories do you have to tell of when you or someone you knew came face to face with wild animals either in their habitat or perhaps when they took a visit to civilization?

MissMarvelous87 likes this.
  2. Elektra1 Dark Side

I live in a National park. Bears, elk, moose, wolves. They're all around here.

But we're smart enough to not feed the ****ing wildlife so they don't bug us.

Here's a PSA to the Hype: don't feed wild animals.

3. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

So, my family moved from Brooklyn, NYC to rural Pennsylvania, Monroe County, back in the 90's. Then it was still very, very rural, with some folk still hunting for sustenance. Hunting season's start was a day off from school. From what I was told, the area of Monroe was about the same as Kings County/Brooklyn but in terms of population back then it was far less than a third of the amount of people. To give an idea of the wild life situation then, each year in the county alone the hunters would bag about 300 black bears. Think about that... Those are just the ones they were able to find. How many more were out there that they didn't?

This was a new experience for me having lived 13 years of my life in Brooklyn. And the area had some honest to goodness dangerous animals I would never have encountered in the big city. Two stories...

The first one takes place after we had moved into the house where my mother and grandmother still live in today. My parents had bought a log house, a little over six acres, very wooded with a creek on the property. There is a stone bridge that goes over the creek and that's how you get to the house. With a supply of water near you of course get all kinds of animals. Now when I was in school my parents commuted to New York in those early years. This left me alone in the house with my grandmother during the week. My grandmother loves to cook and would prepare food so that when mom and dad got home they'd have dinner.

One day, I'm taking a shower, all soaped up with shampoo in my hair. I hear my grandma scream her head off. I run out of the bathroom as fast as I can thinking something terrible had happened.

"What's going on?"

My grandma was in the kitchen. She pointed to the window, shocked (she too had been born and raised in Brooklyn and now was in her early 60's then) not even being able to speak. The window was right next to the stove where she was cooking some traditional Puerto Rican style yellow rice and beans along with what ever meat she had in the stove. I walk over to the window to see what had her spooked and that's when I saw the paws.

[​IMG]

Just like in the gif. two paws appeared on the window sill and then the face of a big ole black bear, his lips smacking, noise twitching and tongue out and slobbering. I jumped back about a foot. Now you gotta understand, that window in the kitchen would be well over six feet tall from the ground, maybe even over seven. So on it's hind legs this thing was at it's head was almost able to reach inside. I closed the window fast and maybe panicking a little barred the door with a big piece of furniture. All this was being done while I had a head full of shampoo and with a towel wrapped around myself. I think at that moment my grandmother deeply questioned her daughter and son in law taking the family into the woods to live.

Another time, around the same period, my father and I were working on putting up a split rail fence in the front of the property. We were taking a rest and talking by the front of the entrance to the drive way. Now this was and still is, and unpaved driveway. Just crushed rocks and nothing else, and as I stated before, the property is heavily wooded. So there we are just hanging out around the front near our mailbox. Out of nowhere a red tailed hawk flies over our heads, lands a few feet from my dad and then takes off again... And we see in it's talons, after we heard a sudden and then quickly stopped vibration from it's own tail, what must have been a huge rattle snake. Now a red tailed hawk's wing span is quite large and I am telling you all now the snake it was clutching was about as long as the hawk's wings were tip to tip.

[​IMG]

Needless to say both my father and I were awed and a little scared. After all... Neither of us even saw that snake which was a few feet from us.

4. Perfect Cell I wish you weren't so f***in' awkward, bud

When I was a child, I went to the waterfront to get fries by the bridge. A seagull attacked me to try and steal said fries. When I tried to pull them away, a guy on a bike almost ran me over. The most dangerous animal is man.

5. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

6. matrix_ghost movie fan

My dad's family are rice farmers in my native country. They are pretty much ruthless when their chickens and ducks are attacked .

Two incidents i'll never forget.
    My grandmother woke as she does early in the morning and went to give the chickens their morning food. It was odd for her to hear fewer chickens and when she looked closer she saw a snake had already swallowed up 3 chickens after strangling them.
    She screamed which caused my cousins to run downstrairs and they went all out on that snake, pulling it out the cage , beating it and cutting it up in pieces.

Other incident involved the dog getting bit by an alligato which had comea little too cloe during floods. The alligator bit a small chunk of flesh but the dog survived. My cousin who was downstairs working on the farm machines saw the whole thing , yelled to his other brothers and father got their guns and machetes.
    Needless to say that alligator almost got the same treatment just like when bill duke yelled contact in Predator

7. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Sounds like your family should go into the leather goods business. ;)

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Not a personal story... But get a load of this:

Teelie likes this.
  9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Okay... In a movie this would be an obvious portent of something terrible happening. The dead rising from the grave, some monster about to break free from an underground prison, the beginning of some apocalyptic disaster... Something. The reverse running of the footage doesn't help either.

10. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

GOTG 3 early footage looks lit...

Teelie likes this.
  11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Forgive the Tik Tok banner... But for real... Who would have guessed that the risks of riding motorcycles in the Sub-Continent included cobras hitching a ride under the the seat?

12. Teelie Jokerface

That is one very angry (and strong) Rhino.

13. MissMarvelous87 Registered

I'll be leaving Earth, almost immediately. His reaction was "lemme handle this small detail"...

I was like BURN THE BIKE! BURN THE BIKE! Us, humans, are the most dangerous species on Earth.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  14. squeekness The mighty squeek!

He did seem awfully calm about it....

MissMarvelous87 likes this.
  15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Honestly I didn't expect it to be able to do that. Severely damage an SUV? Sure. But to just roll it like it was nothing?

16. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Maybe this is just something he does twice a week?

17. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Just... Look at the size difference between a wolf and a coyote.

[​IMG]

18. Teelie Jokerface

And yet strangely they can still interbreed. Coywolf is actually a thing.

19. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

20. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Dayum...

For real... That elephant is straight up mocking that rhino.

21. jolldan Registered

Reminds me of possibly the most zero chill dude ever lol
    [​IMG]

GunBlade, Teelie and MissMarvelous87 like this.
  22. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

"Don't make me do that again Steve."

23. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Once more...

Wolves be Biiiiiiiiiiiiig!

24. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

A group of raccoons is called a "gaze".

Teelie likes this.
  25. Teelie Jokerface

They know you have food.