The Wolverine Its that time again to rank the X-Men movies!

Reaction score
For those who have seen The Wolverine already, I might watch it tomorrow. Rank the first 6 X-Men movies from best to worst! :woot:

Ive watched them all on blu ray this week leading into Wovlerine. I gotta say that X2 is still technically The best. X1 is my favorite, its got a special place in my heart. First Class is good fun and a well made movie.

The Wolverine Ranks among them for sure if not topples them. I wouldn't argue with anyone that says the Wovlerine is the best, but it is just a Wolverine centric movie. I have a feeling DOFP will easily easily top X1 and 2.

Also The Wolverine does a better job of what X3 was suppose to do... The Wolverine is so good it makes X3 a better film By legitimizing and making us CARE for a certain relationship. How is that possible... haha.

X2
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine
X1
X3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

1)The wolverine
2)First Class
3)X2
4)X-men
5)Orgins
6)X3

X2
X-Men

The Wolverine
First Class

The Last Stand

Origins

Glad to see The Wolverine is being so well received, well, it doesn't have a the best reception but i'm glad to hear it's good enough to be rated alongside the x-film involving Bryan Singer. X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't just a bad wolverine movie, it was a really bad film.

X-3 was a medíocre film, not bad, but not great, it just failed as an x-men film. Until now my rank goes:

1-X-Men 2/ First Class
2-X-men 1
3-X-Men 3
The line of terrible
4-XMO:Wolverine

X-2 is probably a better film than First Class though, but the film was still a great effort and had an amazing result considering the time they had.

1. X-Men 2
2. X-Men 0
3. X-Men 1
4. Wolverine 2
5. X-Men 3
6. Wolverine 1

I'm glad to see The Wolverine is doing so well in this poll. I saw it last night and was completely blown away.

My list:
1) The Wolverine
2) X1
3) First Class
4) X2
5) Orgins
6) X3

For me, it's as follows, having just seen The Wolverine last night.

1) X2
2) First Class
3) X1
4) The Wolverine
(the above four are all REALLY close in terms of excellence, and I thought The Wolverine was the best superhero film this summer, to be honest...)
5) Origins
(Didn't hate Origins as much as everyone else here. I see it as dumb fun, a guilty pleasure. However, WAY down below Origins...)
6) X3
(Hate. This. Film.)

The Wolverine 8.5/10
X-Men First Class 8/10
X2 7.5/10
X-Men 7/10
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 5.5/10
X-Men The last Stand 5/10

I can't wait to watch TW again. It has so many classic Wolverine moments. Hugh Jackman, you finally became the Wolverine in my eyes.

I'm impatient and want to get in on the fun, so I'll put my current ranking without Wolverine. Who knows when I'll get to see it.

1. First Class
2. X2
3. X1
4. X3
5. Origins

I'm hoping I join everyone putting The Wolverine at the top. I know this isn't a unanimous opinion on the Hype, but, for me, this has been a good year for super hero films. MOS is my favorite and I loved it and I thought IM3 was actually pretty darn good (I didn't rage quit at the Mandarin). To see that The Wolverine could be great, too, puts a smile on my face. Hopefully, Thor follows suit.

X2
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine
X1
X3

I am tempted to tie First Class and the Wolverine! The Wolverine was that good.

I saw a timeline once on the x-men films wikia and another website that says that X-Men and X2 take place in 2004, The Last Stand in 2005...and then The Wolverine in 2006 (though that's gotta be wrong). I would say 5 or more years since Jeans death

I saw a timeline once on the x-men films wikia and another website that says that X-Men and X2 take place in 2004, The Last Stand in 2005...and then The Wolverine in 2006 (though that's gotta be wrong). I would say 5 or more years since Jeans death

I steer clear of timelines since the X-Men one makes no sense when you add stuff like First Class. Might feel differently after DOFP.

The Wolverine
X2
First Class
X1
X3

Origins

1. X-Men 2
  2. X-Men First Class
  3. X-Men
  4. The Wolverine
    --------------------------
    Then we go down a couple of notches on the quality bar
  5. X-Men: The Last Stand

Then we get to a point were we can't even see the quality bar from down here.
  6. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

As of now:

X2
TW
XFC
X1
X3
XMOW

Last edited:
X2: X-Men United
X-Men: First Class -- The Wolverine (tie)
X1
X3

First Class is a little overrated, IMO, and The Wolverine is just as good as it (if not an even better film). The thing that ties them for me is the First Class really works well for an "X-Men" movie, whereas The Wolverine is truly a solid stand-alone story. Yeah, there are a few other mutants present throughout, but nowhere close to the amount we saw in Origins. So this was a really great one-off story that doesn't have too much bearing in the overall X-Men universe, per say, but does justice to the Wolverine we've come to know and love.

I corrected mine. The more I think about it, the more I like TW more than XFC.

X2 is still my favorite, but The Wolverine is a definite top 3 for me. in fact, i think it's neck & neck with First Class for the #2 spot. here's how i rank them:

1 - X2
2 - First Class
3 - The Wolverine
4 - X-Men

i pretend Origins and X3 don't exist

I can't wait to see The Wolverine so I can accurately make my list, I hope it's in my top 3.

Family and friends that i know have seen it loved it! AHHHH I need to see this already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"