"It's the family name that lives on." - Tywin Lannister Appreciation Thread

Sarcastic Fan

King of Hell
Reaction score
For four seasons, he terrified everybody in Westeros, up to, including, and especially his own children.

0d31f81964fdb7aa74f85595a7b6b4189750c8fa.jpg

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Let's pay tribute to Charles Dance's amazing performance as the Hand of the King, the Warden of the West, the Lord of Casterly Rock, Protector of the Realm, the Lion, Tywin Lannister!

He was easily the best faction leader in the show, but he just had to have the one fatal flaw that came back to haunt him. For all that talk about his family, he met his end at the hands of the one member of his family that really was fit to be his heir only he never saw it. Now he's dead and presumably his idiot brother and nephew get to piss away his legacy.

Tywin Lannister is a really cool character in the books, but his performance by Charles Dance makes him the best Game of Thrones character right now.

Just look how wonderful this sadly deleted scene is:
[YT]lMXJlUIQP94[/YT]

He was easily the best faction leader in the show, but he just had to have the one fatal flaw that came back to haunt him. For all that talk about his family, he met his end at the hands of the one member of his family that really was fit to be his heir only he never saw it. Now he's dead and presumably his idiot brother and nephew get to piss away his legacy.

I wouldn't call Kevan an idiot.

Dance had a huge presence though. He will be missed.

Charles Dance simply commanded almost every scene he was in as Tywin, wonderful actor. I think probably the most enjoyable scenes with him on the show were the ones with Arya, where you could actually see a sort of sense of pride in Tywin, something he never really manifested towards his own children.

Charles Dance was simply fantastic as Tywin and one of the definite highlights of the show. One of the most interesting TV villains in recent memory, up there with Walter White I'd say. Hopefully this will lead to him getting a lot more big offers in film and TV! He'll be sorely missed :csad:

Great actor to lead the Lannister house. Hope someone can step up to replace him. The 4 main Lannisters are so good.

I wouldn't call Kevan an idiot.

Dance had a huge presence though. He will be missed.

Yeah, Kevan's not an idiot. [BLACKOUT]Varys kills him because of exactly that. He would be too good at fixing all the things Cersei messed up.[/BLACKOUT]

Charles Dance was simply fantastic as Tywin and one of the definite highlights of the show. One of the most interesting TV villains in recent memory, up there with Walter White I'd say. Hopefully this will lead to him getting a lot more big offers in film and TV! He'll be sorely missed :csad:

Charles Dance can get any role he wants by staring down every director in the industry. I look forward to seeing him as Hippolyta in Dawn of Justice.

Him and Joffrey in the throne room has to be one of the best scenes in the show.

Fantastic actor. I'll miss Tywin on the show. He was easily for me the best character. The way he acted, the way he ruled and commanded everything. He rarely had to be loud.

He will be missed for sure to me one the best scenes of Tywin was when he came into the thrown room with his horse after he battle in black water

and the scenes with Arya were epic

I like that look he had on his face when the dwarves were reenacting the War of Five Kings. :funny:

i didn't like Tywin much, but man i really enjoyed watching this guy play him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"