Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii is loaded with pics from the new game showing many many many of the new Pokemon.

I really like the grass snake/lizard thing. He's pretty awesome.

Also I love the fire pig, but hate his evolutions. On the other hand, I hate the otter, but love his final evolution. :p

I feel the same. The snake is alright but I expect it to be pretty pathetic.

The pig is awesome and had great potential to look like a nasty Fire/Dark Boar/Warthog. Yet it becomes some fat wrestler and then some wtf thing. The water one is the typical cute, chibi one Japanese girls will pick and has good evolutions.

I see Serebii has added pics for all of them. http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

There are more that I like. The Grass monkey, the Dark/Ground gator, the Water/Ground frog is kinda cool, the water/rock Turtle, the rock/flying bird. I LOVE the pseudo-legendary dark/dragon.

Here's all the ones I like:
512, 522-523, 537, 538, 539, 551-553, 564-565, 566-567, 589, 595-596, 610-612, 621, 622-623, 626, 627-628, 631, 632, 633-635, 638, 639, 646, 649

Ok, I take it back. Black/White has been redeemed. It's not great, but I can live with it. I'm still VERY disappointed in how the fire pig's evolution has turned out.

Last edited:
Serebii now has all of the new pokedex added, so if you want to be spoiled all the new pokes are there.

I'm with you Spidey. Black/White's new pokemon are not as good as the gold/silver or red/blue eras, but it's much better than the ruby/saphire and diamond/pearl eras were, in my opinions.

There are several of them on the new roster I really like. I love the Fire/Ghost candel/chandelier pokemon, he's pretty awesome looking.

Also the Psychic blob looking thing is neat looking.

The gator will be on my team though, I like him. :D

Oh, and the flying/psychic one eyed bat thing is really cool and much better than the previous cave dwellers.

I thought the Ruby/Sapphire was ok. D/P was just really small. This is the most added in any generation (156).

Now comes the fun part of choosing who to use. I'm still torn on the starter. Since there is (AGAIN) a dearth of Fire pokemon, I might pick the pig but be a dumbass like Ash and never evolve it. I don't like choosing water since there are so many of them in the wild. It'll depend on how good the Snake's final evolution is.

Oh, and the flying/psychic one eyed bat thing is really cool and much better than the previous cave dwellers.

Finally. After playing SoulSilver, I wanted to carry out a genocide against Zubat and Geodude.

I thought the Ruby/Sapphire was ok. D/P was just really small. This is the most added in any generation (156).

Now comes the fun part of choosing who to use. I'm still torn on the starter. Since there is (AGAIN) a dearth of Fire pokemon, I might pick the pig but be a dumbass like Ash and never evolve it. I don't like choosing water since there are so many of them in the wild. It'll depend on how good the Snake's final evolution is.

Finally. After playing SoulSilver, I wanted to carry out a genocide against Zubat and Geodude.
I'll be picking the snake right away. I'm hoping it's good to use, It'll be learning some new poison moves like "Coil Wrap"

I was looking at it's stats. It's HP, Attack, and Special Attack are poor (75), decent defenses (95 ea), and great speed (113). All 3 have a base total of 528. The moveset will make or break it for me.

I might actually go with the Water starter. For once, there aren't that many other water types and it's pretty cool in a "WTF?" way. And it might learn Megahorn.

Ooh, he seems like he would learn Megahorn. Yea, that final evolution is pretty awesome for the water.

Problem is, I kinda want the rock/water turtle as my water...he is just neat looking.

I feel the same. He's so....normal looking yet so neat.

confirmed the starters are a** stats wise/typing wise

some really really cool as hell pokemon in the leaked Dex. Some new faves so far...hopefully there are good attacks for them too.

new tier for me...Gen 1>Gen 3>Gen 5>>>>>>>>>Gen 4>>>>Gen 2

Done taking in the sprites. Now I'm studying their stats. Zoroark did NOT disappoint.

Already decided on my team (sorta). There are 3 I'll definitely use, the other 3 will be based on the starter I choose.

Prototype for Black team
isshu-pokemon-9.jpg

isshu-pokemon-18.jpg
isshu-pokemon-55.jpg

isshu-pokemon-137.jpg

isshu-pokemon-32.jpg

isshu-pokemon-110.jpg
isshu-pokemon-59.jpg

isshu-pokemon-34.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting both games so I have a lot to choose from. So we're getting the english version sometime next year?

^Likely March/April.

Nice team, Wolf.

Here's what I'm planning on so far. I'm leaning towards the Water starter and will try to get a Treecko to start. If I can't, It'll either be the Grass Monkey or the Grass/Steel.

pkmnbwteam.png

I'm getting both games so I have a lot to choose from. So we're getting the english version sometime next year?

I always get every version, but there's no plan ATM for what my White team, in fact all I have down for White is that I'm not using a starter, and that I am using Zoroark.

The games are planned for March 2011 in the US, the same month the 3DS is trying to come out.

Regarding my choices, I may drop the Mushroom Pokémon for either that kick-ass looking Monkey, or that sexy-ass Plant girl (yes, I'm attracted to a Plant Pokémon). I'm almost 100% sure I wont be using Fire Ape (it really looks like its not done evolving; like its form its in is incomplete, sadly it IS fully evolved)

I'm actually still surprised that this is not a 3DS game, the new 'dynamic' battle system seems like it would have been perfect for it.

^Likely March/April.

Nice team, Wolf.

Here's what I'm planning on so far. I'm leaning towards the Water starter and will try to get a Treecko to start. If I can't, It'll either be the Grass Monkey or the Grass/Steel.

pkmnbwteam.png

Since this is effectively a reboot like Gen 2 to Gen 3 was, you won't be able to use any old Pokemon until you clear the game. So using a Treeko won't be possible.

The cool thing is that each version this time is very different. In fact each game has its own unique area to explore, as well as different Pokemon.

Black has Black City and White has the White Forrest area.

I'll probably end up buying both also.

Since this is effectively a reboot like Gen 2 to Gen 3 was, you won't be able to use any old Pokemon until you clear the game. So using a Treeko won't be possible.

It might be possible to use DPPtHGSS to trade one over WiFi to someone who has beaten BW, then trade it back to my BW. I'm not too optimistic on that but hacking is another possibility (and probably what I will use). If I can't do any of those, I'll just send one over after I've beaten the Elite 4. I don't mind since the monkey is pretty cool. It's like the only non-starter grass that isn't an animated plant.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to just evolve the water starter to its second form. Otter-Otter-Seal makes little sense.

But the Unicorn Seal looks awesome.

Edit: and the Ghost/Fire Chandelier will be mine. :D

The fact that it completely changes species makes it better than all.

I havent been catching up with the Pokemon in any form... can I ask what is the general understanding of the console you guys are playing on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"