It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Not Jake, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

thats always a pain in the ass

2. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Also, if you hated the evolutions via trade, they're back.

A lot of pokemon sort of have a Gen 1 counterpart.

3. .Rorschach. Hurm...

Never played a Pokemon game yet but planning on getting heart gold/soul silver and diamond/pearl asap

4. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

In other words, evolutions I need to cheat for.

5. .Rorschach. Hurm...

Playing Pokemon Black now...wish I could read japanese

6. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I updated the list I made. Included when they evolve and version they're in. Only caveat is 588-589 and 624-625 don't have evolution info up yet.

[​IMG]

7. Mogwai Fanboy

^thanks for that, spidey-bat. i can't wait for this game.

8. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

9. HighFivingMF Welp.

I would have liked that during Red/Blue. I'd have a Charizard by the time I finished beating Erika unless I stalled it. I would have liked if I was supposed to keep the started longer.

10. CTCurry99 Chris

You know, I had stopped playing Pokemon after Diamond/Pearl... but reading that review I'm kinda excited to try out Black/White. I guess if I got with some of you that really get into it that could help me enjoy it. I never really get to enjoy trading, questing, etc. because none of my gamer friends try out Pokemon. They're all Halo this and Call of Duty that. But I think talking with you guys about the quest, gym matches, etc. could help me really get into/enjoy the game.

11. Mogwai Fanboy

12. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    Got a Japanese copy of White (wanted Black, but whatever). Haven't gotten to playing it yet (haven't gotten to playing any of the other 5 games I bought recently).

13. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    I think I finally got my Black team finalized. This may actually be the team I play. I'm (at the moment) VERY satisfied.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Daikenki (Shell Armor) – Hydro Pump, Megahorn, Ice Beam, Revenge
    Baokki (Blaze) – Fire Blast, Crunch, Grass Knot, Yawn
    Gigaiasu (Sturdy) – Stone Edge, Earthquake, Heavy Bomber, Explosion
    Roophushin (Guts) – Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Payback, Mach Punch
    Shibirudon (Levitate) – Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Acid Bomb, Volt Change
    Zoroark (Illusion) – Night Burst, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Nasty Plot

Just for **** and giggles, I also came up with nicknames for the starter Pokemon. Jaroda (the Grass snake) ViceVine; Enbuoo (the Big Fire Pig) BigBurn; Daikenki (the Sea-Lion Otter) SeaStrike.

#2788 WolfCypher, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  14. Fading ---

I'm liking the design's I'm seeing so far for B&W. Anymore the design's are hit or miss. Generation 1 was the best IMO as everything had a pretty solid design. Generation 2 I think was pretty solid but started tossing in the goofy Pokemon with hats and udders in your face. I think Gen 3 was a step back in the right direction, all 3 of the starters were better asthetically than Cyndaquil and Bayleef (IMO), and pokemon like Sharpedo just looked awesome. Now that I'm getting into the 4th gen new pokemon, it's kinda a mixed bag on designs for me. Bidoof has got to be the most ******ed looking pokemon ever, and his evolution is even worse, but Buiziel (however you spell it), and Shinx look cool. B&W looks like it's leaning towards the solid cool designs again (outside of the water starters first form...creepy little sob).

I stopped short of beating Red in Heart Gold to mess with Platinum a bit (maybe transfer over a few Pokemon I like for the big battle from P to HG). Currently have Feraligatr, Dragonite, Magmotar, Electrivire, Scizor, and a Dragon Dance Larvitar I'm leveling up, but might want to use some of the newer pokemon once I get used to them. Was going to go with Charizard and use my Alakazam, but I always use Abra and his evolutions as my psychic, and I went thru Fire Red with Charizard, wanted to try something new.

Edit - Also, are Bulbasaur's like crack to Japanese players? I bred a bunch of Bulbasaur's awhile back, and I've been getting a bunch of good trades over wi-fi for them. Like a Charizard, Wartortle, Hitmonlee, and the other 2 Johto starters all from Japanese players wanting Bulbasaur's. Also forgot what a ***** breeding can be. I wanted a Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, it took 18 eggs to get a female Charmander finally (so have a box full of regular Charmander babies, and a few with Dragon Dance), and then bred some Dragon Dancing Larvitars after that which took forever to hatch. Guess I mainly brought it up because now I have a bunch of extra's, if anyone wants a Charizard and aren't picky about their personalities just let me know (tho I'm sure you guys probably already have them, but just in case).

#2789 Fading, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  15. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I think the Fire-starter's final evolution is Emboar in English. I like SeaStrike though.

One thing that has annoyed me is how late a lot of Pokemon evolve. Have you noticed that there are are battles than in previous games?

16. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

17. Blacklight Revamped and Renegade.

18. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

How do you get it?

19. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

During those dates:
    (With a DS connected to wifi) Scroll down and select Mystery Gift from the main menu (where you select to continue your game).
    Select Receive Gift and then select Get Via Nintendo WFC.
    You'll get a Wonder Card, read it and it will tell you to pick up your gift at any Pokemart.

After that, in your game go into any Pokemart and there will be a man there who will give Mew to you.

#2794 StrainedEyes, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  20. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    Got my 4th badge. The Electric Gym Leader was a pain in the ass! Her last Pokemon (Emonga, the Flying Squirrel Pikachu) took down 3 of my 4 remaining Pokemon (I had 5 starting). It took my Futachimaru (my Water-type evolved starter Pokemon...again, a WATER-type) to beat her.

I have YET to participate in a double battle, triple battle, or Rotation battle.

21. Fading ---

Question, do you have to beat the 3rd gym leader in Platinum to get to Solaceon town? I just traded a Combee for a female Chimchar over wifi, and was looking to see if there was a Piplup up for trade so I could have all 3 starters. There was one up holding a master ball, but up for male Chimchar. So I thought I'd breed a few Chimchar's fast and trade for it, but wasn't sure where the Daycare center was. I looked it up and saw it was in Solaceon town, but there are two guys blocking the path to it, and I've only beaten 2 gym leaders so far. The Piplup is probably gone by now so that's no biggie (was more wanting the masterball as the last dog legend I need in Entei is giving me trouble in Heart Gold catching it, and I can just use wifi to transfer the Masterball from my Platinum to Heart Gold), but I would like to breed my Chimchar so I can raise one as soon as I can since the one I traded for is over 30, with the rest of my Pokemon around 22.

Also got a Gible. I typically always have one dragon type in my final party from that generation, and I saw a lot of ppl in love with Garchomp (think that's the name, saw that name pop up a lot). So was nice to find out I could find it's lowest level form earlier than I could Dratini or Bagon in the others.

Edit - Heh, sorry if updating my status in game for no reason seems like rambling. Just so far behind you guys and all of this is new to me lol.

#2796 Fading, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  22. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Yeah, you head to Solaceon Town after Badge 3.

If you want a Piplup, I'd be more than happy to breed one and trade it over.

23. Fading ---

Alright thanks. As for Piplup, don't worry about it. I appreciate the offer, but I'm in no big rush for one.

Truth be told, my first time thru I like to try and play with what Pokemon I can catch. I typically don't pick water pokemon since they're incredibly abundant, and I'm just not an overall fan of Piplup anyway. It was mainly a 2 birds with one stone deal because of Piplup + a master ball. I mainly got Chimchar because I was so conflicted over Turtwig and Chimchar. More often than not I choose a grass type just because I like them (tho I've really warmed up to fire starter types, no pun intended, so it's close), but after I started Platinum I looked it up and looks like new fire types are few and far between. So figured better to use a Chimchar than a Ponyta.

24. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

I am currently 37 away from having a PC Pokedex of all 493 Pokemon. Mainly a bunch of higher leveling up to do and a few stragglers that I never caught.
    I just went on a mission to find a Dragon Scale in HG and did some trade evolutions to get Kingdra, Huntail and Goebyss.

I can't wait to move them all into Black/White... :dry:

25. Jager X Registered

These new Pokemon look like ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.