It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Not Jake, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Actually I really like the majority of the new Pokemon.

It does sadden me that once again Fire seems to get the short end of the stick.

2. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I don't get why there are so few fire. Heck, there are now more Legendary Pokemon than there are Fire Pokemon.

Last night I dreamed I was playing the new games :csad:

3. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Fire has been one of my favorite types since red/blue and I hate how it seems like every new iteration only gives a couple new fire pokemon while they fill the stupid thing with more grass and/or water types. Grrr. :argh:

I will say that I love how much more diverse the types are with the new game.

4. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Import Review

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000103183_test.html

5. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

[​IMG]

#2805 SuperFerret, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  6. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Mew is now available, just got mine! Get 'em while it lasts.

7. Blacklight Revamped and Renegade.

does throwing away Wonder Cards have any negative effects?

8. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Nope, getting rid of them has no effect.

9. Blacklight Revamped and Renegade.

Ok cool. I don't have to worry about not cashing them in. Just got my Mew.:up:

I normally don't train legendarys, but I might just raise this one just so I beat my brother down with it and then laugh cause he can't get one (he has Diamond).

10. craigdbfan Registered

Awesome to see Black and White getting good reviews.

Pokemon is the only JRPG that I'm even a bit interested in.

Will have fun playing it on my 3DS. :wow:

11. StrainedEyes All the way up it!

Yeah... but it won't be 3D.

12. craigdbfan Registered

I'm aware of that.

Its just that I never got a DS or any of the other Ds versions.

13. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    Arrived in the city with the 6th Gym Leader (has an airport). Had to get through Electric Rock Cave (a big old cave). The Electric Eel Pokemon I wanted is only found here and its appearance rate is 2-8% (took me hours to find it and still an additional hour to get through the cave).

Finally evolved Baoppu into Baokki (Fire Monkey).

14. Fading ---

I'm not really a fan of raising legendaries either, but gotta admit, that level 5 Mew is tempting lol.

As far as fires getting the shaft, they do, but I think it makes them more special for it. Water types are just everywhere, and usually get a lot of new types every game.

Grass types, I'm just fond of the starters usually. Budew and it's evolutions, Oddish and it's, Exeggcute, and so on I just don't care for. Outside of the odd cool looking, but bad stats one like Cacnea, or Bellsprout, I typically one take one very early on if I pick a fire starter. The grass starters tho I'm fond of, well other than Chikorita.

Fire types are low in numbers, but make up for it with solid species later on. Growlithe/Arcanine is still one of my favorites, and thanks to later games the Magmar line became pretty good. Even tho he wasn't the greatest, I liked Torkoal a lot too. Marcargo is pretty much the only fire type I can think of that was just lousy all around.

So I usually don't mind starting with a grass type and waiting til a bit over mid way thru the game to get something like Growlithe. It kinda heightens my eagerness for one. Then again it's all beginning to become a mute subject with wi-fi trades. After the Gameboy color phases I pretty much just buy one Nintendo handheld. Meaning I'm stuck with one starter. With the newer games I'm finding it to be cake to get all 3 starters very early on with a bit of searching thru unfair trades. Tho at the same time my first time around I kinda prefer not to get all starters and instead use what I catch, otherwise I'm not switching things around as I go and instead stuck with the same team the entire game.

15. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I don't ever train legendaries or keep em on my team, but I've always loved Mew so he'll be getting a slot. Mew is teh ****!!!!

16. Decypher Registered

got him. thanks for the heads up.

#2816 Decypher, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  17. Fading ---

Finally taking a good look at the list. Despite liking Emboar's final stage, I'm tired of fire/fighting types (3 generations in a row), and I do like Baokki, and Hihidaruma, so no fire starter this time (outside of wi-fi trading). Also again no to the water starter, despite a cool 3rd evolution, the other water types look cool and are always abundant. So guess I'm going with Tsutjara, in no small part in not caring for the other grass types. Sad thing is, anymore I put my grass types up for the elite 4 and on. They're typically either too slow, or easily picked off by the elite 4 ice trainer (tho Torterra is looking to break that rut I've been in with grass type starters since generation 2). The positive being that Tsutjara looks to take after the speedier Sceptile than the bland Meganium meaning it could get a move off before getting an icebeam to the face.

If the replacement pokemon stay in order I guess Minezumi, Mamepato, and Kurumiru will be my first catches. I'll probably abandon the bug as soon as I evolve him like usual and pick up the electric zebra.

As for who I'm really liking the look of, Doryuuzu (ground/steel), might be similar to Aggron. The fighting type looks ok, but I rarely keep a Machamp like 'mon on my team. Oddly enough Gamageroge (water/ground), Abagoora (water/rock), and Shibirudon (electric) catch my eye (I say oddly because I dislike their early stages, but like their final forms and types). Obviously going to pick Ononokusu...because I always use the big bad pseudo-legend dragon of a new generation.

Past that I'm really liking the ground/dark gator Warubiaru, I like that type combination and look (plus psychic and electric immunity). Which sadly puts Zoroak out, he looks awesome, but don't want 2 dark types. Pendoraa looks like a beast, but pairs bug, my most hated type outside of Scyther, and Poison my second most hated outside of Venusaur, Seviper, Drapion, and somewhat Croagunk. I might also pick up that ice bear Tsunbeaa. I'm also liking Sazando, but that'd be 2 dragons and darks, but still a maybe. I was also about to say Randorosu (flying type immune to electric attacks is always nice), but he looks legendary.

18. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I got my Mew, he's around lv 35. I suppose he could be a higher level, but who has time?

19. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    I've a Baokki on my team. The Elemental Monkeys aren't that great. Unevolved, their stats are horrid. But you can't evolve them too soon, or they won't gain any of their later moves; even those moves aren't that great, to be honest. Once they are evolved, they have far bettter stats, but lack of good moves, and just above average stats make them mediocre.

Hihidaruma has ******edly :-)huh:) high ATK, and great Speed. It learns some great physical moves, and its Pokemon ability makes its damage output stellar. Of course, its defense are painfully low. It can barely survive neutral damage attacks, so anything supper-effective will OHKO it. Hihi is still better than Baokki.

Ononokusu isn't the pseudo-legendary of BW, Sanzando is. Its stat total is the same as the other Pseudos (Dragonite, Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Garchomp), its aquired super late in the game, and it takes forever to evolve. Ononokusu is like an uncommon Dragon. But I'm just being a a-hole right now. Onono does have the highest ATK stat of most Dragons, that's amazing.

I'm also conflicted between using Warubairu and Zoroark. Z'Ark has some killer potential, and its Illusion ability can easily disrupt the opponent's strategy, but since I had no way of getting either Z'Ark or Zorua, I settled on Warubairu, and have gotten more than familiar with it. On the other hand, its weaknesses are too common and too easy to exploit. I guess I have until Spring to make up my mind, but between those two, I can't fully decide.

20. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Have you noticed if battles are more common than in other games? All of these pokemon evolve so damn late. It's pretty ridiculous how so many don't reach stage 1 until level 40.

21. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    The battles are pretty much the same as far as the number of trainers go. In some areas (Electric Rc]ock Cave, the desert) the trainers are seemingly never-ending (to compensate, some opponents will heal your team). Wild encounters are crazy. I can't take 2 steps without running into a wild Pokemon (or 2).

This game puts VERY...LITTLE...EMPHASIS on HM moves!!!!!!!! They don't force you to carry an HM slave, since the need for stuff like Cut and Strength, these instances are very rare! You can get far into the game before you'll ever need to actually use an HM (Surf is always optional, as there are no sea routes that your forced to travel), hell, even the Pokemon League only requires Strength (NO WATERFALL HM NEEDED!).

TMs are hella rare. I got past my 4th Gym before I realized I've only acquired less than 8 TMs (there are about 90 in the game). I guess since there are reusable, they made TMs hard to come by.

22. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I guess you'll have to grind with wild Pokemon a lot. There better be Lucky Eggs. I'll obviously still get it and there are Pokemon I like a lot more than previous generations.

23. SuperFerret King of the Urban Jungle

Hoho! Can't wait for Pokemon Yellownike version.

24. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I like hearing that there's not as much HM usage. It always annoyed me that I had to keep one dip**** on my team with Rock Climb or Cut just to get around.

25. Brainiac 8 Clark Smash!

Yea, it will be very nice not lugging an HM slave around this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.