It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Not Jake, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

it's not like seeing a movie weeks in advance... you're missing out on the story, and possibly other things that make the game more worth the money. I'd rather get what i pay for no matter how excited i am for something, so yes... i disagree with you and still don't see the point.

2. Joined:
    Mar 30, 2006
    Well, there were only two times I got stuck. Yes, there is a lot of text in this game, but the story was pretty easy for me to follow for two reasons. 1stly, very little feels lost in translation. Like the game makes it very obvious as to "what just happened, and what the commotion is about". 2ndly, I've been keeping tabs on this game before I got it. I visited Poké sites like Serebii and Bulbagardens before I got the game, and they kept no secret to what the game's major plot points were. Since I didn't care about spoilers, I pretty much knew everything in the game's plot before I went into it. So even if I did wait for the English release, I still would have known the story going in, the key plot twists, whatever.

And some things, if you don't want to wait for, and you can get early in some form, then why wait? I wanted these games, I had a chance to get one a month after its Japanese release, so I got it. Not the first time. Its not about feeling superior, because I'm a fan and I wanted to experience the game now, not torture myself for 8 months if I didn't have to.

Also, your early post made you sound like a jerk (to me at least), which resulted in my jerky-reply. Your later reply, thankfully, didn't come off that way.

3. louiebling$ Just Chucking with you

Good Form :up:

4. Kevin Doug not so Funny

I'll wait for the englsh version.

5. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

And some people don't get the point of buying a ton of action figures and displaying them in your room.

6. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

7. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

and ill never get your constant need to butt into convo's and fling insults when

A) it has nothing to do with you

B) was settled and discussed calmly and rationally before you made you're immature comment

8. Mogwai Fanboy

i feel like the dialogue/text is an integral part of a rpg like pokemon. i always thought the series had witty dialogue.

9. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Yeah I always liked it. The only time it was kind of 'meh' to me was in the original Gold and Silver. All that talk about "You believe pokemon are friends and thats why you win" and "your rival uses his pokemon only for winning and he doesn't care about his pokemon". It felt kinda dumb to me, dunno why

10. HighFivingMF Welp.

Because you're evil.

11. Mogwai Fanboy

i always laugh when i think about this team galactic member that says "like i was supposed to beat you with a pkmn like that" after a loss.

12. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I always wondered if those guys ever talked to each other after those battles. "That sonofa***** brings a goddamn Charizard to a battle. The boss gave me a ****ing Zubat.....A ****ING ZUBAT!!!"

13. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

First, it wasn't an insult. I myself still have my Marvel Legends figures in my room. Just saying some people would think it's a waste of money.

Second, this is a public thread. I'll reply to whoever I want and everyone else has that right, too. If it was meant to be a private conversation, it should have been in private messages.

14. Rain Dog Failure

Anyone try the Nuzlocke Challenge? I've been trying it in Fire Red with Charmander as my starter (the first time I've ever picked him)...has not gone well. I've failed like three times :o

15. Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]347615[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.