It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Not Jake, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CantThinkOfAName Registered

Gyarados. Just because he makes me have to carry around a Magikarp. Seriously, if there's any pokemon to be feeding to others...its Gyarados.

2. Not Jake Registered

Yeah but the whole point of Gyarados is that he's a kick-ass monster that evolves from the most worthless thing ever. When the game first came out it was like a surprise for the 3 people who trained Magikarp:up:

3. Not Jake Registered

For me it'd have to be Charmeleon. Seriously. Maybe even Charizard! Probably not Charizard. But my point, you see, is that Charmander is like, the pinnacle of Pokemon design. Pretty much the best starter design ever (even though I like Bulbasaur more...but that may just be because I'm less disappointed in his evolutions).

Charmander is a work of art. Then he evolves into this:

[​IMG]

He looks like the ancient savage descendant of Charmander, a feral beast with a brain the size of a pea. Charmander is an Ivy League Charmeleon.

Plus, though my picture doesn't exactly depict it, in the games, Charmeleon is red. Charmander = Orange, Charmeleon = Red, Charizard = ....Orange. Basically, what the artist who blessed us with the cockfighting critters we call Pokemon is saying, is that Orange was the superior color all along. So why, WHY is Charmeleon red.

Really, Ivysaur isn't as cool as Bulba or Venusaur either, but at least he's decent-looking, and not red. I'd say Wartortle wins out as coolest middle evolution of the 3 original starters.:up:

4. Not Jake Registered

I know it does. It looks stupid. Not as stupid as Magmar's evolution though.

5. Hades Guest

Tangela raped me:csad:

6. Hades Guest

My father disapeared one day. He left into the forest, and never came back.
    Since I live in a tiny town, surounded by tall forests and mountains I have never known anything outside of this small town. Since wild Poke'mon roam the forests and mountains nobody has been able to leave this town in many decades. Slowly, it seems like the towns population has dwindled and died off. We are now down to only 4 houses. Yet, there's two strange people that live outside on the grass. Sometimes I watch them stick their wee wee's in each others holes. But last night, the large fatter one ate the smaller runty one. He then cried underneath the small rotting tree that night. Today I went ouside and kicked him, but he didn't movie, then a rat crawled out of his mouth.

I went to see what my best friend Gary was doing, but he didn't answer his door. We used to sit outside and watch his sister shower through the window. Now Gary keeps his sister all to himself. Sometimes, I wish I had a sister. Today my Mother told me she was sick and she had to go away for a while. I didn't understood what she meant. She put me outside and locked the door, later I heard strange noises.

7. Not Jake Registered

People all over the internets refer to Pokemon Diamond & Pearl as D/P. See, to the more disturbed internet message-boarder, that stands for double penetration. Good thing everyone here is an innocent, with virgin eyes.

[​IMG]

What are those and why are they pointing at me...Smoochum

8. Not Jake Registered

Pokepedophilia:up:

9. Not Jake Registered

Pallet Town is truly the seediest town in all of video games:csad:

10. Hades Guest

That looks like my sister when she was little

11. 블라스 Registered

I love Nintendo.
    Their games are always fun.

12. Not Jake Registered

I love Nintendo too
    I too think their games are always fun

13. CantThinkOfAName Registered

Yeah I guess. I dont know, i just feel a little uneasy about some small vulnerable creature becoming an giant angry monster that's not too keen on rape. :csad:

14. Darkdd Elle!

Final Evo's for the D/P starters
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Enperuto-Water/Steel
    [​IMG]

Gokuzaru-Fire/Fighting
    [​IMG]

Dotaitos-Grass/Ground
    [​IMG]

15. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

I like how they're dual-types now. The final evolutions are kick-ass. I want all 3.

16. Not Jake Registered

I dunno, every generation I like the starters less. These guys have a chance to grow on me, so they'll rank above Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald's starters, of which I only really dig Mudkip. The water starter's final evolution is the coolest of those 3, to me, but I think he'll probably suck stat/moves-wise. I dunno, the grass is okay, but as for big hulking Pokemon with trees on their back, I'll stick with Venusaur. Seriously, this grass starter is pretty unoriginal. The fire starter, I was hoping would turn into a big gorilla, but stays a monkey...maybe I'll go with him, I never pick the fire starter, and there's always so few to use in the game.

I usually end up with an Arcanine; he's good, I love him, but seriously, give me a little choice. I guess Rapidash is going to kick some ass in D/P, as he can actually learn some good moves, like Mega Horn:up:

17. Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

They definately need to switch the starter types. Fire/Water/Grass has been done to death. Although interestingly their second types counter each other (Fighting > Steel > Ground > Fighting). So if they go head to head, they wont have an advantage (not like Charizard raping Venusaur).

They should have gone with Psychic, Fighting, and Dark starters since those are the 3 types that are the most difficult to find a good pokemon of.

18. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

What is the point of this thread :confused:

19. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

This is the Pokemon manga translated into English :wow:

[​IMG]

20. jaydawg Registered

Um..... eww.

21. Not Jake Registered

Oh man, yeah Gary, stick it to Ash, stick your sticking of your sister to Ash:cmad::yay:

22. Not Jake Registered

Nah, stick with tradition, just make fewer new grass and water types in the wild. Really, I don't think it's hard to find good psychic and fighting Pokemon, I mean, everyone in the world thinks Alakazam is cool, so that satisfies everyone. Then you got your Gardevoir and yer Xatu, Starmie, Slowking, Medicham makes a nice segue from psychic into my list of fighting Pokemon, such as Machamp, Hariyama, and the soon-to-be-great Hitmonchan (elemental punches fall under the attack stat rather than special attack in D/P). What's good for fire? Arcanine, Charizard...Typhlosion isn't great, Blaziken's okay I guess...Rapidash will be good in D/P...who knows about Magmar's evolution.

Of course I am ignoring legendaries as only tool loser trainers use them:o

23. Not Jake Registered

I agree that there are too few good Dark pokemon though

Basically Umbreon and Sneasel...Sneasel gets a new evolution in D/P:up:

24. Not Jake Registered

Dear Professor Oak:

Things are great here in Fuschia City! I'm about ready to go face Koga in his gym, but it smells funny in there so I've been putting it off. Anyway, I have a quick question. I was browsing the files in the Pokedex you gave me, and noticed something funny. You see, I want to evolve my Slowpoke. Your Pokedex says that I can evolve him to either Slowbro or Slowking. It says, and I quote, "When a Slowpoke went hunting in the sea, its tail was bitten by a Shellder. That made it evolve into Slowbro." Well, I went fishing for a Shellder, dear Oakypants, and made it bite my Slowpoke. My slowpoke then proceeded to die from rabies. I have to say, though it may have just be a freak occurence...I don't think you're right about this Shellder thing. Seriously. Look.

This

[​IMG]

Plus this

[​IMG]

DOES NOT EQUAL THIS.

[​IMG]

You see, Professor, call me a down syndrome baby, but that thing on Slowbro's tail doesn't look very much like a Shellder to me. It looks like some ferocious shell Pokemon that you haven't even indexed yet. Now, nobody is accusing you of anything, like laziness, or being unprofessional, but YOU BETTER GIVE ME A GODDAMN SLOWBRO WITHIN THE WEEK BECAUSE MINE DIED FROM RABIES YOU GIGANTIC GRAY-HAIRED JACKASS. Do it, or your wife's Mr. Mime gets it. I'll shove his feather duster so far up his ass he'll be miming the sweet relief of a blade to his throat, and that's before I start with his latex dishwashing gloves.

--Jake

P.S. Thanks for the cookies!! Tell your wife she's a dear.

25. Not Jake Registered

BRING BRING

ME: Hello?

GIRL: Hey, Jake. I just wanted to say thanks for last week...I had a great time.

ME: Oh, hey, I had a great time too, Cooltrainer Lisa.

GIRL: ...What did you say?

ME: ...What?

GIRL: Oh, you ass! You are such an ass!

ME: What?? Cooltrainer Lis...JASMINE!!! COOLTRAINER JASMINE HEY C'MON I WAS JUST KIDDING AB--

Click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.